"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #2631
Chef Extraordinaire

we live. We pay taxes. We die.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #2632
Certified Cake Maniac

Getting ready for my trek into the city for my pain clinic and still smiling about my Canucks! My faith never wavered and they came through big time!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #2633
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Getting ready for my trek into the city for my pain clinic and still smiling about my Canucks! My faith never wavered and they came through big time!
Yay!

Me, I'm headed to work. Have med rooms to clean and organize. It's going to be a messy day!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #2634
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
As PF wrote, "Yay!"

I hope the pain clinic does wonders for you.

I'm working on tax returns and popping in here.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #2635
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Glenn and I are about to make our quarterly trek to the doctor for arthritis checks. Since I was there last time, the doctor ordered an x-ray of my bad knee. Don't know what the outcome of this appointment will be in view of what the film shows. I just know it's BAD. I didn't need the technician to tell me that when she saw the images.

However, the arthritis that's been plaguing me the most is in both my hands, thumbs to be specific. I've lost almost all strength there and the pain is beyond description and I have a very high pain tolerance.

I think I'm going to have him address my hands before anything is done with my knee.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #2636
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Glenn and I are about to make our quarterly trek to the doctor for arthritis checks. Since I was there last time, the doctor ordered an x-ray of my bad knee. Don't know what the outcome of this appointment will be in view of what the film shows. I just know it's BAD. I didn't need the technician to tell me that when she saw the images.

However, the arthritis that's been plaguing me the most is in both my hands, thumbs to be specific. I've lost almost all strength there and the pain is beyond description and I have a very high pain tolerance.

I think I'm going to have him address my hands before anything is done with my knee.
(((hugs))) That sounds awful. I hope the doctor can do something good for you.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #2637
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post

Oh Katie, I'd like to hug you. I understand. My hands are a mess as well. At time when I go to do something the pain is so bad I almost give in and cry. Poor dh has to help me with the pants hangers I just can't work them anymore. I hope the doctor can do something to help you Katie.
kades
Old 04-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #2638
Certified Pretend Chef

SO and I just went for a walk with Steven, our grandson. It's a lovely day today.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #2639
Master Chef

I'm waiting for laundry to get done, so I can trudge off to the store. It's supposed to rain on/off today, and I'm not looking forward to it.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #2640
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
I'm waiting for laundry to get done, so I can trudge off to the store. It's supposed to rain on/off today, and I'm not looking forward to it.
We are in drought conditions. They are telling us it is supposed to rain this weekend. I am hoping for flood conditions. Brush fires are breaking out all over the state.

I just finished watching the funera lservices for the Police Chief in NH. There were 2,000+ police officers from all over North America and even Europe. It was the most beautiful and moving funeral service I have ever seen. They had a police helicopter fly over with the siren wailing. And the bagpipers were playing Amazing Grace. They presented the flag to his wife and she lost it completely when they began to play Taps with an echo bugle playing it in the background. The last thing they did was call his car which was parked there. When it didn't answer. of course they made the announcement that the Chief had answered his last call. By then I lost it.

My grandaughter is married to a cop in Everett, where I lived before coming back to Eastie. So everytime I hear of a bank robbery or some officer being hurt in Everett on the news, the first thing I do is call my granddaughter. In spite of all of his training, he is cop that takes risks to protect others. He did the samed thing when he was a fireman. He ended up in the hospital twice helping a follow firefighter get out safely.