What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good evening everyone :)

I had quite a busy morning and then a relaxing arvo watching Criminal Minds

About to go and watch some Masterchef and Grand Designs soon ;)

Just got up and enjoying the quiet of the morning and catching up on my DC, email, FB, etc.

Today I am moving all my cake books into my studio bookshelf. This will get them out of bags in virtually every room in the house and off my regular cookbook shelves so I can fill them with regular cookbooks! :rolleyes:

Every step, while slow going, is getting me closer to having a very organized and fun place to hang out and create!:)

Good morning everyone :)

I am off to do the grocery shopping soon and then a look around the shops

Hope everyone is having a nice day :rolleyes:

Well, since the doctor's office didn't call with results...I get to act like an invalid for another day...:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Just got up and enjoying the quiet of the morning and catching up on my DC, email, FB, etc.

Today I am moving all my cake books into my studio bookshelf. This will get them out of bags in virtually every room in the house and off my regular cookbook shelves so I can fill them with regular cookbooks! :rolleyes:

Every step, while slow going, is getting me closer to having a very organized and fun place to hang out and create!:)

Isn't that such a great feeling, to see progress? :) I've been doing similar for the past year and a half since my mom passed :( - I got so tired of just moving boxes and things from one room to the next and back again, and am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I so want the guest room to actually be a guest room, and am just about there! Best wishes to you LP....it will get there. :)

Trying to get our 13 year old daughter's hair just right & an outfit picked out for picture day at school, it's my latest challenge!

Taking a couple days at home (instead of visiting my new addiction - our 'new' old boat (40 years old, but oh-so-adorable, and sturdy).....want to catch up on laundry, some house-cleaning (I mean: there are cobwebs, now visible)....

but a labourer who promised months ago to build us a new stair to our deck, came to work.....and lo and behold, he came lunchbox-less. So DH asked me to provide lunch yesterday, which I scrambled to do....made 'clean-out-the-fridge soup); but then he was still here at suppertime, and I found ham for sandwiches.
Today, a repeat of the same....and I'm out of easy meals.

Guess a trip to the grocer is in order. Bye bye cobweb-cleaning....:):ohmy::ermm: hehe.

Going to the river today with my daughter and little grandson, Tyler. :) Will play on the grassy riverbank, hit the antique shops in town, have lunch at the Kern River Brewing Company :yum: and take little man to see the fish hatchery. It's going to be a great day! :)

Going to the river today with my daughter and little grandson, Tyler. :) Will play on the grassy riverbank, hit the antique shops in town, have lunch at the Kern River Brewing Company :yum: and take little man to see the fish hatchery. It's going to be a great day! :)

That souds like a fun day for the little guy. Grandmas are the best. :angel:

Thanks, Addie. If I can create even half of all the memories with my grandchildren as my own grandma made with me, my life will be complete! :wub:

Hittin' the road now, hope everyone has a great day!

Going absolutely crazy. My computer is in the hallway, line of sight to kitchen (think old shot-gun house). I swear I can hear someone in the kitchen. Dog and husband in living room. It isn't mouse season yet, but I swear I can hear an animal moving around. Rosebud (dog, not husband) isn't alerting to anything. Husband can't hear it. Sometimes I can hear neighbor when she moves around (close boundaries), but I don't think she's outside. I'm not moving too quickly (broken hip) so had husband look under the sinks. I'm going nuts!

Reading Fannie Farmer's 1912 "A New Book of Cookery".

She wrote the original cookbook for the Boston Public Schools for their Home Ec. classes. The first thing I made from it was white sauce and home made tomato soup. I had that book for years. Unfortunately it wasn't meant for family cooking. All the recipes were for individual students. We had to eat what we cooked. We learned very quickly what a pinch and a dash was. I loved that class. Always got straight A's. We also learned how to set a table properly. Something I already knew. My mother was a fanatic of what a proper young lady needed to know. If only she could see how I turned out. She would be crying buckets of tears. :angel:

Going absolutely crazy. My computer is in the hallway, line of sight to kitchen (think old shot-gun house). I swear I can hear someone in the kitchen. Dog and husband in living room. It isn't mouse season yet, but I swear I can hear an animal moving around. Rosebud (dog, not husband) isn't alerting to anything. Husband can't hear it. Sometimes I can hear neighbor when she moves around (close boundaries), but I don't think she's outside. I'm not moving too quickly (broken hip) so had husband look under the sinks. I'm going nuts!

Have you had your hearing checked lately? During WWII, folks who had metal in their mouth, fillings, braces, etc., could pick up short wave radio broadcasts. Lucille Ball was such a person. :angel:

I am sitting here trying to read the posts and Oracle (Java) is driving me crazy. Evidently they have found a major issue with their old program and wants to install the new one. It seems to have a bunch of installations and keeps popping up on my screen. You need Java to run any Microsoft program. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom