"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-02-2016, 12:51 AM   #26391
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

LOL!! That was funny!

Old 10-02-2016, 01:07 AM   #26392
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Love Honey Badgers!

Old 10-02-2016, 11:45 AM   #26393
Honey Badger

Getting ready to head out again.
Need to remember to take my laptop with me. Hid physical therapist will be helping me purchase things that he will be needing when he comes home. He's going to come home.(Honey Badger says so)

It's looking like it will be up to a 4 week stay for physical therapy. 18 weeks for heart therapy.

His pneumonia is going away. Already talked with him this morning. He says his lungs are getting clearer. AWESOME!!!

I'll be staying the night at the resort. They left my bed in his room. Encouraged him to tell me it's ok. I'm not in the way of his treatments.
At times I felt like I was in the way. Understandable by his thinking. I was the only one making sure what he lacked elsewhere I still worked with him.

Right outside his door he has a personal patio. Next to that he has a mini golf course all set up. A beautiful walkway through a mini forest of tall pine trees where he can when he's able to, walk more stable take and go down to the gazebo area and have a picnic.
The food is all gourmet. It's better than what I make at home.

I'll be having a talk with his nurses to stop spoiling him. That brat you're now creating is what I'll have to live with when he comes home. Knock it off!!! He's actually liking this rehab facility just a little too much.

I'm over the moon that's he's been well taken care of and most importantly he's getting his therapy sessions with people who are compassionate. That's all I wanted.

P.S.
Thank you for not banning me.
Love ya's.

Honey Badger
Old 10-02-2016, 11:55 AM   #26394
Certified Pretend Chef

I'm happy to hear things have improved so much. DH is lucky to have you on his side.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #26395
Master Chef

Munky/Honey Badger,

Your post was filled with such good news, and the facility sounds wonderful! I'm so glad to hear that. Continuing to send up positive thoughts for a speedy recovery and prayers to all.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:57 PM   #26396
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Munky/honey badger, keep eating those cobra heads! And yes, you need to start whipping your DH back into shape!

So happy he's in a facility that treats him as he should be treated.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:41 PM   #26397
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

So happy to hear, Honey Badger! Our facility does not have the grounds or the food, but the care is excellent. And you know, nurses only spoil the ones that they really like.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:00 AM   #26398
Master Chef

Thanks for the happy report, Honey Munky. I hope his new care center is good enough to get him healthy again without being so good he doesn't want to go home. How could he resist coming home to his biggest fan? He can't!
Old 10-03-2016, 02:06 PM   #26399
Executive Chef

Second day of canning apple pie filling. I started with 4 bushels of apples. Here is yesterday's test pie, for quality control of course!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5248.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	25481  
Old 10-03-2016, 04:04 PM   #26400
Master Chef

Glad to see things are going better Munky.

We're back home from New Mexico!

The trip story will be posted on our website asap. We had a great time, but the altitude (7,000 ft.) really got to me so I'm glad to be back to sea level and breathing normally again.
A major nose bleed was pretty scary when I take a blood thinner, but it all ended ok. No more high altitude trips for me I'm sad to say.
One of the best parts of the trip is we met up with Beth and she is truly lovely both inside and out. I can't get over how she looks 20 years younger than she actually is. She's a real sweetheart, and gives the best real life hugs ever!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote