"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-10-2016, 11:53 PM   #26491
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Earlier, I used my food saver for the first time. I packaged sirloin tips, cube steak and two chunks of pork butt, all of which I had bought on sale. It works like a charm.
I'm glad you're happy with it, Andy - especially since you got such a good deal on it. One thing I wasn't prepared for when I bought mine, is how LOUD they are... I got used to it pretty quickly, though.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:09 AM   #26492
Master Chef

I be smiling from ear-to-ear.

Psst, in care you didn't know, the Cleveland Indians won the first round of the post-season. Moving on to play against the Toronto Blue Jays. Sorry, Andy.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:23 AM   #26493
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Glad you're pleased, CG! Never have understood this sports stuff, but have at it if it gives you happiness!
Old 10-11-2016, 12:25 AM   #26494
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I be smiling from ear-to-ear.

Psst, in care you didn't know, the Cleveland Indians won the first round of the post-season. Moving on to play against the Toronto Blue Jays. Sorry, Andy.

The Indians played great and Franconia did a great job coaching. I'll be rooting for your guys to beat the Jays.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:49 AM   #26495
Master Chef

Thanks, Andy. My prediction: We'll take them in six, then beat the Cubs over a 7-game series. Why? Because the Indians are (kinda) shadowing what the Cavaliers did during their championship run. Cavs swept each of the first two series by sweeping the Tigers and Hawks, then beat the Raptors in six. The Warriors had the most wins during the regular season, just like the Cubs do this year in baseball. It would be nice to have a run of champs like you have had lately. A girl can hope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Glad you're pleased, CG! Never have understood this sports stuff, but have at it if it gives you happiness!
I bet you can understand this: My Mom was a big Indians fan. She taught me all she knew about the sport starting when I was around eight years old. She listened to and watched the games right up to the end.. Now that Mom's gone, this is one of the ways I feel close to her. This, and cooking.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:58 AM   #26496
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Heh. Mom, being Canadian, loved hockey. Ontario somethings. Grandpa, on Dad's side, also loved hockey, but he mostly liked the zamboni that scraped up the blood and stuff.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:35 AM   #26497
Master Chef

My Mom took me to a couple of the Cleveland Barons games when they were the city's NHL team. We went to watch the fights. Also, her favorite parts of baseball games were when the Tribe won...and rhubarbs. In case you don't know what I mean by "rhubarb", this article explains it in a funny way: "Rhubarb" is not just a vegetable".
Old 10-11-2016, 02:02 AM   #26498
Sous Chef

I still haven gotten my sock off the wheel, I think I need to kill the sock and remove the wheel because being gentle hasnt worked
Old 10-11-2016, 02:06 AM   #26499
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

That is one determined sock, CP. May be time for the scissors. And for the sock to get a new mate. Or hop around on one foot.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:05 AM   #26500
Sous Chef

I have removed the wheel, bit hard when it needs a specialty screw driver that I dont have, nor new existed. But yeah my new sock is chewed up and I loved the toucan on it.

And I remove some beads too. I dont understand how is got ripped from my foot and so well stuck, unless the chair was hungry.