"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-12-2016, 10:40 PM   #26541
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
hee hee... I make my own, a second bottle is not a problem!

Thanks Taxy, you know I will!

LPB - why thank you - I will toast you as I raise your glass (or two)

and then.... comes the fun

HAHAHA...Too funny!!!
Hope those male strippers are easy one the eyes.No wait...Everything looks better after a few.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:58 PM   #26542
Honey Badger

Family day went extremely well. They were very impressed with pics that we showed of all of our doings this past weekend.We even gave them advice on an app that people can use on their phones to remind them to take their B/P and medications.I don't think they are too concerned about his safety/ welfare after he comes home. They already know we've been involved the whole time. He has a great support system.His prescriptions that he'll need have already been picked up.

Lil' Sophie's pen came today while I was gone.She loves it!
My youngest son had her mastered on how to get in and out of it in just a few minutes. Mom came home and put her bed and stuff in it that made it all the more better.My son sent me this pic while we were on the road.
She didn't know what to do about that new feeling mesh door.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:11 PM   #26543
Head Chef

Sweet Munky Badger, she looks quite happy there!

Congrats on ALL the progress, both yours and his nibs.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:00 AM   #26544
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
LPB - why thank you - I will toast you as I raise your glass (or two)

and then.... comes the fun

LOL Love those ladies - I am the one in purple...except my glass just has grape juice

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:04 AM   #26545
Certified Cake Maniac

Today was a success! I managed to go to the vet's and get Violet's medicine, food and Monkey's treats. Then I got to the Pet food store for canned food for both and I didn't leave my keys in the ignition and drain the battery (which happened last time I picked up food from there).

The only mishap was having a sample of a brownie and now have a migraine headache the size of Texas. No, not at the pet store, I did stop in at the grocery store for a couple of items. LOL

I got a blog post written and some social media stuff taken care of so I can relax and watch Code Black now.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:38 AM   #26546
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I didn't do anything I wanted to get done today. I just am tired of being tired and in pain...I hope no one is offended by my venting. I just needed to be real and thought it was time I was completely open and honest...
Aw, LP, you need one of these: We love ya even on your crabby days. Sometimes complaining about what ails makes one feel a little better. As a bonus, it just might make those of us with fewer problems consider how blessed we are.

As a plus, I'm glad to read that the brownie you sampled was in the people food store and not the pet store. It reminds me of the time... :
Old 10-13-2016, 12:41 AM   #26547
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Sophie looks comfie in her pen. Good Luck tomorrow for the homecoming.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:53 AM   #26548
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
...Last night I got one too many txt's from people saying that they were going to drop by Thursday and see him.
What's bothering me is they didn't ask! We've been on a roller coaster ride. A lot of things to do.
I really don't want people here! It's not the time. I resent that they haven't even considered his heath and our family's needs at all!...
Munky, I'm glad you passed muster with the hospital folks. Must make you feel good that you are so very ready to take on fixin' your mister up. Congrats, Lady!

Now, about those intruders. If I were you, I would text back to let them know that they can visit when YOU give the OK, doctor's orders. You know if you don't reply they will consider your silence to mean it's OK to visit. Nuh-huh. When YOU say OK. If they show up at the door, either shoo them away or pretend you aren't home. Your DH's health is more important than nosy friends. If they can't understand that, well then they just weren't good enough friends.

I say post Sophie (what a cutie!) at the door. She can bite ankles if someone's foot makes it through the doorway. BwaHaHa!
Old 10-13-2016, 12:57 AM   #26549
Master Chef

Quote:
1.Repair man came yesterday...

2. Turned the oven on...realize it isn't heating...

3. Thermostat for propane fireplace went on the whacko...

4. Had tires changed over...Tire light came on...take it back this Fri.

5. To top it all off - got pneumonia...
Good Lord, dragn, you are the living embodiment of the saying "if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all". Seems like everything is breaking for you BUT your pneumonia. I hope you and all you mechanical things are back in working order quick.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:47 AM   #26550
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
And I graduated as a Master Food Volunteer today! It was a really fun class. DH gave me this beautiful graduation gift, signed by the author
Ooops GG, I had forgotten your post in the shuffle of posts by LP, Munky, and dragn. Can't miss out, though, on saying "congratulations"! What a wonderful gift, too. You've got yourself one honey of a beekeeping hubby.