What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheryl J said:
Sitting out on the patio looking at the beautiful full moon, and going through pics of my trip to the river yesterday with daughter and grandson. I love this one. :)

:wub:

What an adorable child! Glad you had a good time, Cheryl!

Kylie1969 said:
Happy Spring everyone...well it is here anyway :)

It is a lovely sunny morning and it is going to be 20 degrees...perfect!!

Happy Spring to you too, Kylie!

Thank you so much Cheryl and DL xx

Cheryl, you have the loveliest little grandson in Tyler :) Thank you for sharing that photo

Did you guys do any fishing there...or was it just a nice stroll along the river?

I'm bored and Steppenwolf is playing in my head so I think I will head out on the highway!

Looking for adventure, maybe a sack of early apples or a couple of garage sales!

Born to be wild!!! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm bored and Steppenwolf is playing in my head so I think I will head out on the highway!

Looking for adventure, maybe a sack of early apples or a couple of garage sales!

Born to be wild!!! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Gosh, Bea! You've put a bee in my bonnet now and I think I'll go out to the marsh and watch birds. Yeehaw! :LOL:

Going to dentist later then picking DD up from work, then making dinner. OH joy!! LOL I would love to go for a ride upstate but gas costs so dang much!!

Boy you folks lead such exciting lives. Bird watching, picking apples, making dinner. I feel like a slacker going to a family party to end the summer season and celebrate labor day. All I am going to do is sit in the sun and sleep some more. And eat. And sleep. Maybe some talking. I won't be going into the pool.

Years ago when I was living at my daughter's house, she had some loungers that were just to low for me. I couldn't get up without help. And my leg was at its worst at that time. So I bought a really nice one that was higher and had a waterproof cushion. When I moved to here, I couldn't take it with me. So it went to my daughter when she is in the yard. But it has always been a given when I go there to visit, the lounge is mine. I am going to let my daughter have it today. She needs the soft cushion for her head. Anything she wants, she can have. :angel:

Gathering food items from the cupboards and pantry to add to a care package for my daughter. Heading into the city to visit her today. Bought her a wok and will take her shopping to a few specialty stores for ingredients that she can cook in it. I'm thinking oyster sauce, sesame oil, corn starch, cooking wine, soy sauce, chili paste, ginger, etc....

Gathering food items from the cupboards and pantry to add to a care package for my daughter. Heading into the city to visit her today. Bought her a wok and will take her shopping to a few specialty stores for ingredients that she can cook in it. I'm thinking oyster sauce, sesame oil, corn starch, cooking wine, soy sauce, chili paste, ginger, etc....

Do parents ever stop making care packages for the kids? :angel:

Trying to muster up the courage to bake something. I'm relearning to use my newly rebuilt right hand...in baby steps as I still have a cast of sorts on it. It's removable for bathing.

The last full cast and the metal rod/pin were removed on Thursday, the more user-friendly cast was applied and I had my first session of physical therapy yesterday morning.

After all that, I may be being over cautious as to how I do things, but I want to get back to being whole without any glitches. This repair was/is my only shot and I plan to "go by the book" for the recovery process.

What I REALLY want to do is make some bread but...dunno that might be thinking a little too adventuresome. Perhaps some cookies would be a better choice.

Trying to muster up the courage to bake something. I'm relearning to use my newly rebuilt right hand...in baby steps as I still have a cast of sorts on it. It's removable for bathing.

The last full cast and the metal rod/pin were removed on Thursday, the more user-friendly cast was applied and I had my first session of physical therapy yesterday morning.

After all that, I may be being over cautious as to how I do things, but I want to get back to being whole without any glitches. This repair was/is my only shot and I plan to "go by the book" for the recovery process.

What I REALLY want to do is make some bread but...dunno that might be thinking a little too adventuresome. Perhaps some cookies would be a better choice.
No bread, unless you use a bread machine and do absolutely no hand kneading. Definitely take it easy and by the book. Healing vibes being sent in your direction.

taxlady said:
No bread, unless you use a bread machine and do absolutely no hand kneading. Definitely take it easy and by the book. Healing vibes being sent in your direction.

+1

Doing laundry here.

No, I wouldn't even think of kneading by hand. Actually I haven't done that since 1999 when I bought my bread machine. The machine has never really made bread. I use it strictly for kneading and for the first rise of my doughs. It's been a great tool to help with the awful arthritis in my hands, which is why I had the surgery in July...arthritis.

Gave up, for today at least, of making bread. Have my eyes on a pistachio Bundt cake instead.

I, too, just brought in a basket full of laundry that dried on the clothesline. I'm off by a day, but every Friday I wash and hang out our bed linens. I LOVE crawling into bed on Friday night after my shower. There's no perfume like that of line-dried sheets.

Thank you so much Cheryl and DL xx

Cheryl, you have the loveliest little grandson in Tyler :) Thank you for sharing that photo

Did you guys do any fishing there...or was it just a nice stroll along the river?

Thank you, Kylie. :) No, I don't fish anymore, sure do miss it though. We just walked along the river, went to lunch, browsed through the antique shops, and stopped for ice cream on the way home. :)

Back
Top Bottom