"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2016, 01:16 PM   #27011
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I hope you all enjoy your day, evening meals...

Were having a quiet buffet style, sit where you want.Traditional dinner.
Watch the game.
I saw this morning were down a pie. Guess Mr.Munky and our son had something to do with that.
You know,wondering a month ago if Mr. Munky was even going to be home for Thanksgiving, or to even be able to eat a turkey dinner at all. Seeing that were down a pie made me smile.

I'm truly thankful that he's home with us.

Can't wait until tomorrow when everyone talks about all the good family gossip.
You guys are a lot of fun. It's like the day after. "I survived the In laws!" stories. LOL!!!

Have a great dinner everyone.

Munky Badger.
Well I for one am so happy to hear such good news. I remember when I had my heart surgery at the end of October, and come Thanksgiving. We held hands and each of us took a turn to state what we were thankful for. I was just thankful for being alive for another Thanksgiving with me family. And I am sure not only your family is, but even more so. Mr. Munky.

I am so glad that he is doing better. At least he is well enough to still appreciate and enjoy your baking skills.

How is his rehab coming along?

Old 11-24-2016, 01:18 PM   #27012
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm enjoying the aromas from the oven and a glass of apple cider sangria. Will soon get started on the cherry sauce and mashed potatoes. Nice, quiet Thanksgiving with just DH and me

Old 11-24-2016, 01:40 PM   #27013
Certified Cake Maniac

I am not having the greatest day/week.

My pain flares are increasing in length of time, intensity of pain and frequency. It is causing major side effects like not being able to concentrate, think, remember. I am often grumpy and/or depressed. Also my ability to write for my blog is non-existant.

On top of that, Violet has been having similar pain problems and is back to only one walk a day because her back legs are buckling on her if she goes too fast or far.

So, the two of us are going to be spending a very quiet day. at the moment I am resting in bed with my laptop and she is curled up at my feet - oh, ya, she also needs help getting onto our bed now when she used to jump up freely.

I am more concerned with her health problems because she is good medicine for me and while I don't like to see her in pain, losing her will be very hard on TB and I. These past 12 years she has been in our life have been amazing!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 03:06 PM   #27014
Head Chef

*hugs* I am trying to sit down and figure out , how I can my daily life to work with the so call rehab course I need to go on. So I have to remove two of three things to do in one week, rest or food shopping or 1 day less Mummy and me time with my daughter..

I have kept Library day with my daughter, I refuse remove that . I cant charge my batteries in the weekend because it doesnt work when she and my husband is home. I need 5 hours alone time to charge or my pain gets to high, but we need to eat too.

No my husband cant go shopping, he can get milk but anything else stresses him out because he cant the language and doesnt know what is what.

Not fun
Old 11-24-2016, 03:31 PM   #27015
Head Chef

Love that movie!
Old 11-24-2016, 03:34 PM   #27016
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
I hope you all enjoy your day, evening meals...

Were having a quiet buffet style, sit where you want.Traditional dinner.
Watch the game.
I saw this morning were down a pie. Guess Mr.Munky and our son had something to do with that.
You know,wondering a month ago if Mr. Munky was even going to be home for Thanksgiving, or to even be able to eat a turkey dinner at all. Seeing that were down a pie made me smile.

I'm truly thankful that he's home with us.

Can't wait until tomorrow when everyone talks about all the good family gossip.
You guys are a lot of fun. It's like the day after. "I survived the In laws!" stories. LOL!!!

Have a great dinner everyone.

Munky Badger.
Same to you, Munky Badger. What a ride you've all been through, and for the Mr. to steal some pie is such a bonus, let alone having him home! Enjoy.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:39 PM   #27017
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Getting ready for work, I hope the facility has some of the T-Day meal left for us night shift workers.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:19 AM   #27018
Certified Cake Maniac

I am smiling at Mr. Munky stealing the pie!

I am also filling myself with garlic, cold pills, hot lemon and honey...I am supposed to be going for our annual Ladies' sushi and game night Friday but I can't if I am "sick". With my touch and go immune system I am supposed to lay low if I have the slightest sniffle let alone a sinus infection and bad cough.

But three of my friends and I have been doing this for several years now. On a Friday night in November we go out to celebrate all our birthdays - two in October and two in November. We always go to a great local Sushi restaurant, pig out like crazy then go to one of our houses and play silly games, talk and have desert.

I will have the whole weekend to rest up and get better but this only comes once a year!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 05:08 PM   #27019
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm making ingredients Just finished making candied ginger for ginger-orange quick bread and I have three pounds of onions in the slow cooker getting nice and caramelized
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1480115293774.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	25751  
Old 11-27-2016, 08:50 PM   #27020
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

What are you doing?

Well, this is really exciting. DH, his brother, and his brother's wife are all going through through their vinyl record albums. I offered to send them a whole bunch of vintage albums. For free! Nobody paid any attention, and I can talk pretty loud. They are too busy yacking. So I'm not saying anything anymore.

Oh well, I have a couple of elderly dogs to cuddle, along with a few old cats.

The brothers are having a good time, and I am totally bored. And now they are comparing baseball cards. Oh joy, oh rapture.

I'll leave 'em alone. They're having a lot of fun. I guess. My SIL, probably not so much. But I have elderly dogs and cats to cuddle with.