"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2016, 09:18 AM   #27091
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Jon, I love to hear about happy love stories. So glad you both made it home safely. Sounds like the two of you had quite an adventure. Give your wife a hug and a kiss for no reason. And if she asks why, tell her "just because."

I packaged the cut up stew meat and ground up the rest for hamburger. Now I have to get it weighed and package.

I am really tired. I took a break and have been watching The Nutcracker Suite on YouTube. I would love to be able to go see it in town. But that is out of the question. The very first time I saw it, Arthur Fiedler was the conductor.

I should never have stopped. Now I am totally lacking in any energy to finish. It will have to wait until tomorrow.

Andy ever since you posted about making English Muffins, I have been wanting to make some. I used to make them every Saturday morning after I got the beans in the oven. They were for Sunday morning breakfast. Two per person. We always had a big breakfast on Sundays. So I ordered a set of rings. Thanks for the push.
Hi, Addie. I hope you're tired because you've been busy - not because you're feeling poorly. Best wishes.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:24 PM   #27092
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
Hi, Addie. I hope you're tired because you've been busy - not because you're feeling poorly. Best wishes.
No sleep and trying to do too much in one day. I did get a good sleep last night, so feeling much better. Thanks for caring.

I want to move to your village where they still have "shops".

Old 12-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #27093
Head Chef

Trying to translate recipes as promised, but life has been in the way.
A close friend, is turning into a zombie, he is seriously ill and most people die with in weeks, he is after 7 years still around and but skinny and doctors dont know why he is sort of still alive , walking and talking. But he has spent more time in hospital then out this year, how ever checked him self out for Christmas shopping. 'sigh*

Mr Right is ill too and in hospital and Mr Perfect has tummy bug and I am stuck making 1 kilo of Christmas meatballs and Christmas cookies. I am only bothering with 2 types today, Cardamom shortbread and Bondkakor ( farmer biscuits/ cookies).

Otherwise all is well.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:40 PM   #27094
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Oddest thing. I haven't decorated for Christmas for many years, but since we're not in Mexico this year, I got out some battery operated candles to put in the windows. Put in the fresh batteries, and they all worked last night. This morning, none of them were still lit. I figured, oh well, I'll have to bring out the plug-in electric candles. No need! Apparently the battery ones light up when it's dark, then turn off when it's light! Who knew?
Old 12-06-2016, 09:50 PM   #27095
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm resting and enjoying a nice glass of fermented grape juice. I'm totally exhausted.

Long story, but I ended up chairing the committee to plan the Christmas party for my master gardener group, and tonight was the night. Due to my uncertain health, I don't volunteer for things where I am primarily responsible, so it was hugely stressful when my co-chair, who had asked me to help her, bailed.

But the restaurant staff was great and everyone seemed to enjoy the food and the rest of the festivities. I'm so relieved. And my biscotti with homemade crystallized ginger and honey from our hives went over well, too (we asked members to bake cookies for dessert and then had bags available for everyone to bring home the leftovers). Whew.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:56 PM   #27096
Chef Extraordinaire

Sounds good, GG.

Ever since we moved and now havevthe land necessary, I so badly want an apiary. But I'm not so sure how well that could work in bear country.

I'm thinking of looking into electric fencing, or even suspending the hives on cables from the trees.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:04 AM   #27097
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
Sounds good, GG.

Ever since we moved and now havevthe land necessary, I so badly want an apiary. But I'm not so sure how well that could work in bear country.

I'm thinking of looking into electric fencing, or even suspending the hives on cables from the trees.
It's late and I'm going to bed, but remind me about this idea again. Suspending the hives in the trees? I'm not sure that would work, but I have to think about it some more.

Bears would definitely be interested in them, though. And they climb trees. We were talking to another master gardener tonight who lost two hives last year to bears.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:46 AM   #27098
Chef Extraordinaire

Music for our Nordic Members

CWS we know this has been a very difficult year for you. So I thought you and all our Nordic members who are away from their roots would enjoy the following:

If you need more let me know.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:11 AM   #27099
Head Chef

That is next week on the 13 and I am baking pepparkakor on Saturday and on Monday I be making saffron rolls.
There, life is a bit calmer.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:30 AM   #27100
Master Chef

I've spent the oh hmmmm hour +/- cleaning the brush roller on my shark vacuum. Seems my DD's have been helping me with the vacuuming but never check the roller. So I just gave it a peek and almost cried. They just ignore everything I say. There was half a cat tangled in and around the roller. We had to take it apart try to put it together a million times because my one DD thinks she knows better and took it away to do it herself. Then she could not figure out what was wrong and gave up and went in her room. So I was left to figure which screws went where. The screws were not all the same length and two were skinnier. But it was such a small difference you couldn't tell till it was to late. Ok take the whole thing apart again grrrr switch inside screws out put cover on #%• forgot to plug the light back in. Open up cover plug in now this won't fit grrrrrrr It was a comedy of errors. It is finally back together and working. If I had a bottle of white zin I would be in heaven right now.

msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote