What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I went to the country to fetch the cemetery urns and put them away for the winter. The country roads had a few leaves swirling on them and a little color on some of the trees already, fall is in the air.

I felt like I was on a shoot for an episode of the Dukes of Hazard! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I think that it is that way most everywhere now, if the jack is hooked into the phone grid than it has to be accessable to 911.

I haven't had a land line in almost 10 years and don't miss it at all. It's nice to have one number that goes with me when I travel.

My last four numbers before I got this one was 5432. Easy to remember. Then I had to get it changed to an unlisted number. 2404. Another easy one to remember. Now I have to remember all 10 numbers of my cell phone when I have my land line disconnected. I am lucky I can remember the ten letters to my name. :angel:

Good morning!

Have just got up and am enjoying a cup of coffee :yum:

A day filled with ironing, washing and housework today...someone has to do it :LOL:

My last four numbers before I got this one was 5432. Easy to remember. Then I had to get it changed to an unlisted number. 2404. Another easy one to remember. Now I have to remember all 10 numbers of my cell phone when I have my land line disconnected. I am lucky I can remember the ten letters to my name. :angel:
Can't you take your number with you? We can do that here in Canada, at least to the smaller cell phone providers. I haven't kept up with the implementation.

Just sitting here listening to some Glenn Miller on YouTube.

My Dad loved Glenn Miller and as a result of hearing big band music all my life I am a fan too.

Thanks, Andy, you just gave me an idea. I am supposed to do a lot of resting and "keep calm" these days. I think I will put some of Dad's CD's on - will really put me "In The Mood". :)

Can't you take your number with you? We can do that here in Canada, at least to the smaller cell phone providers. I haven't kept up with the implementation.

No. This is a free cell phone government program for elderly and you take the number they give you. :angel:

My Dad loved Glenn Miller and as a result of hearing big band music all my life I am a fan too.

Thanks, Andy, you just gave me an idea. I am supposed to do a lot of resting and "keep calm" these days. I think I will put some of Dad's CD's on - will really put me "In The Mood". :)

I used to kill myself dancing to Glen Miller. Now I am lucky to tap my foot. :angel:

This morning Steve and I are going to the Royal Show...it is a big show held here for one week, once a year, with rides, sideshows, showbags, entertainment, big pavilions with all sorts of things inside, it is a great show :)

I am going to love getting some showbags!

A day of rides, too much food and a ot of walking around....cant wait!

Time to head off now, see you all when we get back ;)

Sounds great Kylie!

Well, I have finished all my heart tests and am wiped - I didn't do anything really but all the dyes and medication they shot in me and the difficult positions I had to hold for the pictures tired me out.

I see my family doctor the end of next week and the cardiologist the following week. I really am not worried about this - but went through it so friends and family wouldn't be worrying.

I just want to be cleared for driving again - because of the shortness of breath and light headedness they want to make sure I am safe first.

So, I am resting as much as I can and am planning to order in some Chinese food for me.

Sounds fun, Kylie!

LP, glad you survived! Hope things turn out well, and you can be driving soon!

Last edited:
We are waiting for a few minutes until we go for dinner. We feel like a feed of chicken wings and a certain restaurant has them on half price after 8 o'clock, so we are sitting around eating cheese and crackers for another 15 minutes so we don't get there too early. :LOL:

Working on recipes for several dishes I'm making after yesterday's shopping trip.

I got parsnips and carrots and roasted them along with a peeled whole eggplant and a whole acorn squash.

I've finished a gorgeous pot of butterbeans reheating on the stove; it's got kielbasa, andouille, and bits of meat from the smoked pork neck bones I cooked in it.

I started a cucumber salad with slices of cuke soaking in Italian dressing. I'm going to add some balsamic vinegar and honey.

The acorn squash will be sliced in half, scooped out and heated in the microwave with garlic butter inside and maybe brown sugar on top.

I'm planning a pork stew. I chopped the roasted parsnips and carrots. I've got the bone in portions of 3 pork steaks, with plenty of meat on them.

I'll let that one wait until tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm all by my lonesome with a glass of wine and the laptop. Its been a busy couple of days here and I'm glad to have some quiet time just for me. Ken and Bugs are off at the football game and Maddie is at work. I'm stuffed full of delicious stir fry and am thinking about going out to get some ice cream for dessert later.

Andy M. said:
Earlier I watched videos of Chatanooga Choo-Choo and K-a-l-a-m-a-z-o-o on YouTube.

My Hubby likes the "I've got a gal in Kalamazoo" song because I was born in Kalamazoo.

I just got done ordering my new winter wardrobe...a plaid flannel shirt, two henley's to wear under it and a flannel nightgown. I'm set.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom