What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cut my husbands hair Barbara, I use clippers with the different sized guides, it is pretty easy after you have done it a few times :)

SB, welcome back!

Sounds like a lovely time :)

I am off to see my surgeon very shortly, it has been 4.5 months since my shoulder operation but it still hurts a lot at times, so I just want to check on it ;)

Lovely sunny day here :)

Kylie being an old hand with surgery, I would like to offer you some observations that I have found over the years. You just had your winter while we had our summer. The cold will always bother you for the first year when it is cold outside. I had a growth removed from a finger. A tiny little scar that you can't even see today. The first winter I went outside for a few minutes and I thought my whole hand was going to fall off with the pain. When I had my heart bypass in October, I had to keep the temperature above 75ºF. Anything lower than that and the scar would just start throbbing. And that was inside the house. When I had to go back to the doctor's for a checkup, my daughter had to heat the car up first and then bring it as close to the door as possible.

For some strange reason I have yet to figure out, it is only the first year that the cold will bother you. Your warm weather is coming now and the pain should lessen.

When my son had his shoulder operated on, I tried to warn him about the effect of the cold on the incision. He didn't believe me. He found out the hard way when he tried to run to the corner store with no jacket on in the middle of last year's winter. He came back in tears. Lesson learned. :angel:

Last edited:
Thanks for the warning, Addie. I've been wondering about the three bolts in my hip. They call them pins. Huh? they are 4", threaded BOLTS. I have been relatively good with pain (after 2 mos, I now only have pain if I come down unexpectedly hard on that leg, or if I'm not careful when turning (keep those toes in line with the knees and hips). But can't help but wonder how those bolts will fare when it is below freezing out. Luckily I have two pair of flannel-lined jeans! And lots of rice socks and a big heating pad!

I just pinched all the flowers off my basil. I have a sweet basil and a Greek basil plant. Oh my, my fingers smell heavenly.

Barbara L said:
I just finished cutting James's hair. If you had told me months ago that I would be cutting his hair, I would have said you were nuts! He found a really nice hair cutting set that guides me through it though, and so far (twice), so good.

My son has me buzz his head all the time. I think he is too cheap to go somewhere when mom will fo it for free. Maybe I should charge him???!!

chopper said:
My son has me buzz his head all the time. I think he is too cheap to go somewhere when mom will fo it for free. Maybe I should charge him???!!

Maybe! DH is my hairdresser, trims my long hair and saves me mucho bucks.

Tell him you want to start practicing doing the hair art that barbers do. Start with a big Z on the sides. He will go screaming out the door to the nearest barber. (I have such an evil side to me!) :angel:

I saw my surgeon this morning and he checked my shoulder. He said that I have a good range of movement and good strength but that it will take a fair time to heal completely as he did a lot of things to fix it, all of which will take a long time to heal, also the fact that I had these issues for nearly 2 years, so there was a lot of damage already

He said it may take up to 18 months to heal completely and for the pain to go away, also I am to rest it more and try not to do things such a sweeping and mopping, just not use it too much as it is aggravating it

Lucky my lovely Steve does all the mopping and sweeping etc for me these days and Roomba does the vacuuming :)

I saw my surgeon this morning and he checked my shoulder. He said that I have a good range of movement and good strength but that it will take a fair time to heal completely as he did a lot of things to fix it, all of which will take a long time to heal, also the fact that I had these issues for nearly 2 years, so there was a lot of damage already

He said it may take up to 18 months to heal completely and for the pain to go away, also I am to rest it more and try not to do things such a sweeping and mopping, just not use it too much as it is aggravating it

Lucky my lovely Steve does all the mopping and sweeping etc for me these days and Roomba does the vacuuming :)

I too find sweeping is very painful. The sternum bone never heals after open heart surgery. Every time I take a breath, the bone moves and the edges never get a chance to knit together. As a result the sweeping action creates a lot of pain.

I am glad to hear your good news though. :angel:

I have arthritis in both my hands. I have already lost the use of two fingers.

I had a bunch of wooden knobs that I removed from a small bureau I had. I was putting on new ones. For some reason I kept them. My son took them and filled the screw hole with wood putty and then drilled them to the size of the screw on the lamps after you remove the little knob that comes with it. He then screwed the knobs onto the lamp screws. It is so much easier to turn the lamps on now. I love them. It does look a little odd. But then I have never been one to do things with what other folks might think. I am not one to keep up with the Joneses. I like to think I am the Joneses. Now I have to clean the shades in the shower. The shades are very expensive one. More than the lamps. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom