What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie said:
Tell him you want to start practicing doing the hair art that barbers do. Start with a big Z on the sides. He will go screaming out the door to the nearest barber. (I have such an evil side to me!) :angel:

I sometimes leave a Mohawk on top just to mess with him. Actually, I don't mind cutting his hair, he is a pretty good kid. ;)

I have arthritis in both my hands. I have already lost the use of two fingers.

I had a bunch of wooden knobs that I removed from a small bureau I had. I was putting on new ones. For some reason I kept them. My son took them and filled the screw hole with wood putty and then drilled them to the size of the screw on the lamps after you remove the little knob that comes with it. He then screwed the knobs onto the lamp screws. It is so much easier to turn the lamps on now. I love them. It does look a little odd. But then I have never been one to do things with what other folks might think. I am not one to keep up with the Joneses. I like to think I am the Joneses. Now I have to clean the shades in the shower. The shades are very expensive one. More than the lamps. :angel:

Sounds great, Addie! I will remember that one when my fingers get that bad. I feel them going, but am still able to use most of my fingers.

I'm trying to get myself up from the computer and go make some gluten free muffins for DH to surprise him for breakfast. I got the recipe from Michael Smith's new show, "Chef Michael's Kitchen". It is brand new so probably isn't in the States yet.

Then I have to bake cakes all afternoon and evening after he goes to work. I need one for his MIL as we go over to celebrate her birthday (was on the 11th), one for Joie's groomer as this is his last time with her as she is moving to the island (very sorry about this - she has done so well with him and he owes her lots of thanks ;)), and my neighbour found out I was making my chocolate cake recipe and asked if there would be enough batter left to make her some cupcakes.

Oh, I almost forgot - Mollyanne and Vitauta's cakes! :ohmy: (but don't tell them okay? ;):LOL:)

I'm trying to get myself up from the computer and go make some gluten free muffins for DH to surprise him for breakfast. I got the recipe from Michael Smith's new show, "Chef Michael's Kitchen". It is brand new so probably isn't in the States yet.

Then I have to bake cakes all afternoon and evening after he goes to work. I need one for his MIL as we go over to celebrate her birthday (was on the 11th), one for Joie's groomer as this is his last time with her as she is moving to the island (very sorry about this - she has done so well with him and he owes her lots of thanks ;)), and my neighbour found out I was making my chocolate cake recipe and asked if there would be enough batter left to make her some cupcakes.

Oh, I almost forgot - Mollyanne and Vitauta's cakes! :ohmy: (but don't tell them okay? ;):LOL:)
Isn't his MIL your mother?

Oh, I almost forgot - Mollyanne and Vitauta's cakes! :ohmy: (but don't tell

them okay? ;):LOL:)

no worries, lp, mum's the word.;)

Isn't his MIL your mother?

See what marathon migraines do to me? Yes, I meant MY MIL and she, besides Ma of course, is my only mother and I love her like one (though it wasn't always that way).

Though there is a family who have been very good friends. The wife used to refer to her mom as her DH's MIL! :LOL: Seriously!

Thank you Addie :)

Yes, it does sound very painful for you to sweep Addie...you need a Roomba ;)
Kylie,
i'm so glad you going to be ok. I know how much it hurt and how long when you do something. I not only had and artificial vein put in my arm for dialysis, then I fell and brok the same arm. What a mess. It hurt like the dickens for months and is just now feeling better. There are still times when I lean on the arm the wrong way and I could just run and bay at the moon. Plus it still looks odd. So chin up sweetie. You will be better and please follow the doctors instructions.
kades

Going to huddle under the lamp and read the instruction book to my new electric pressure cooker, from cover to cover! I wonder if Shrek is up for a roast at 1 AM...

I am watching a rerun of Doc Martin and constantly going to the window. The Weeping Willow across the street has branches that are now blowing sideways. We have some really windy weather and heavy rainfall coming our way.

I am also toying with the idea of going out into the kitchen and put together some cookie dough for the freezer. Those choclate cookies from The Chew looks really good.

Right now my daughter is on her chemo cycle. So when it ends at the end of this week, she will be ready for something tasty and made with love.

:angel:

Why would you allow something like TV to distract you from what is REALLY important in life.....catching up with all of us kooks here! :ermm::LOL:

Oh I am always here. Remember, I can't stand for too long, So everytime I have to sit, it is at the computer. I always have DCc right where I can access it immediately. I have Windows 7 and can have several open screens right on the deck top. Just click on DC and it comes into full view. :angel:

Going to huddle under the lamp and read the instruction book to my new electric pressure cooker, from cover to cover! I wonder if Shrek is up for a roast at 1 oAM...
AHH roast what at 1 am... love surprises. How does shrekie poo feel about them?
ma

I'm celebrating the fact that I have gone 6 hours without any trace of headache! Unfortunately it was by OD'ing on caffeine (a Coke zero and some chocolate chips) which usually gives me migraines and I am not used to having so I may be up baking cakes while Aunt Bea makes soup! :chef:

But hey, if it stays away I will be happy to not get any sleep!;)

Back
Top Bottom