"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2017, 02:59 PM   #28201
Master Chef

Today was supposed to be a goof-off day. A real do-nothing day. So far I shook all the downstairs throw rugs, swept the kitchen floor, stick-vac'ed the kitchen area rug and the pathways through the first floor carpeting, plus the sun room. I need to figure out this "do-nothing" thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
I need a life...

All I'm doing is cleaning the oven...
So this is what it comes to when you run out of dust and dirt in 740 square feet of living space? You need to resort to cleaning the insides of tiny things? I have a second floor in the house that could use a little sprucing up. Just sayin'...

"A dream is a festival of lights within your mind." ~~~ Joan Walsh Anglund
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:17 PM   #28202
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
well heck... I looked all over my 17 inch apartment stove and no darn self-cleaning button... (cussin my landlord)
Our apartments do not have self cleaning stoves. So I take my drip pans and racks downstairs to the community room late at night where they have two self cleaning ovens. Take my door off and that leaves me just the three inside walls to clean plus the roof. I have a disposable aluminum tray in the bottom. The bottom never gets dirty. Take out the tray, put in a new one and one problem solved. I also have an oven spray from Fuller Brush. It is a silicone spray to coat the oven. I always forget to use it. It is way in the back under the sink.

I had a self cleaning oven when I lived at my daughters. Oh, for the good old days.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:43 PM   #28203
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Today was supposed to be a goof-off day. A real do-nothing day. So far I shook all the downstairs throw rugs, swept the kitchen floor, stick-vac'ed the kitchen area rug and the pathways through the first floor carpeting, plus the sun room. I need to figure out this "do-nothing" thing...

So this is what it comes to when you run out of dust and dirt in 740 square feet of living space? You need to resort to cleaning the insides of tiny things? I have a second floor in the house that could use a little sprucing up. Just sayin'...
I have you penciled into my calendar on April 31st...
Old 04-24-2017, 03:44 PM   #28204
Chef Extraordinaire

And so do I. I did more than my share of housework raising five kids. Time to sit back and enjoy life.

My trying to use the quote button all of a sudden doesn't want to work for me. Oh well, just another of life's little irritants.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:44 PM   #28205
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Our apartments do not have self cleaning stoves. So I take my drip pans and racks downstairs to the community room late at night where they have two self cleaning ovens. Take my door off and that leaves me just the three inside walls to clean plus the roof. I have a disposable aluminum tray in the bottom. The bottom never gets dirty. Take out the tray, put in a new one and one problem solved. I also have an oven spray from Fuller Brush. It is a silicone spray to coat the oven. I always forget to use it. It is way in the back under the sink.

I had a self cleaning oven when I lived at my daughters. Oh, for the good old days.
Actually it isn't much of a problem to clean.. I try to stay on top of it..

I try to live by your signature line...
Old 04-24-2017, 08:53 PM   #28206
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here calmly enjoying some quiet time. The medication that my dermatologist gave me has some hideous side effects. He mentioned only one and gave me a script for that one. He did say that there might be others. Boy was he right. I have been on the pill for almost two weeks. And today I got hit with all the side effects he didn't mention. A canker on my tongue, losing the feelings in all my fingers, A constant runny nose, and some others. I have stopped taking it because it has been months since I had a heart episode. One of the side effects was heart problems. And sure enough, I was sound asleep. The pain in my left side of my chest and arm woke me from a sound sleep. It is a good thing I keep my nitro spray right beside me on my nightstand. I only needed one hit of it. Along with a few good deep breaths.

Looks like he will have to find another drug for me. I am seeing him next week. I am going to look up some of the medications that I could possibly take and see what the side effects are before I go in to see him.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:59 AM   #28207
Head Chef

Addie, I hope he finds something you can take without those side effects. It's not supposed to be a case of the cure is worse than the problem.

Well, tonight I had a choice of either doing dishes or working on the mini windows. The dishes are still in the sink.

So here are the windows. I put a very thin piece of transparency over the pictures and while it doesn't show up very well in the pictures, it sure makes the windows look like they have glass in them.

Because my shadowbox has all the rooms one on top of the other, I put the city pic in differently in each window, depending on how high the room was. The window to the right is the bedroom window (the bedroom is the highest room in the shadowbox), then the living room window is in the middle, and the kitchen window is the red one. The kitchen is the lowest room in the shadowbox.

Tomorrow I'll attempt to glue them into the shadowbox. Maybe after that I'll do my dishes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	windows.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	26729  
Old 04-25-2017, 07:42 AM   #28208
Head Chef

Jeannie is going shopping and to lunch with her friends today so, I'm going to polish the living room furniture.. Good thing we downsized and there isn't much to polish..

I will reward myself with a cheese burger on a brioche bun...

Ross
Old 04-25-2017, 07:59 AM   #28209
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I am off to bed, another shift tonight. I have the bedroom window open and it is nicely chilly in there.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:59 AM   #28210
Senior Cook

I'm laying here with my back out. It's been a good year or more since it's happened. Lots of work piling up I can't get to, customers wondering where I am. I can barely make it to the front door, let alone hang sheet rock or crawl under a house.

Hopefully today is better than yesterday.

The least it's cold and dreary out. I hate being stuck inside when it is nice and sunny. The dog is snoring, the house is warm, the bills are paid, could be worse.