"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #2831
Chef Extraordinaire

Elder Service Plan is looking into it for me. As they would provide all the transportation and absorb all the costs, it has to go through them. The PT Department and my PCP will make an evaluation of my ability to withstand any stress on my heart. That is the main concern. I am really excited about this. Aside from building up my strength, it also gets me out of the house doing something that really interests me. three heart attacks last year did do some damage to my heart. Just adding to what was there prior.

You have all seen those ads about Avandia doing damage to the heart? Well I was one of those folks. I had just had a quint bypass and was feeling really good heart wise. Then the leg ulcer reared it ugly head and I had to go to rehab so they could put a vacuum pump on my leg around the clock. That meant bed. The doctor there changed my medications. Including my diabetes ones. He put me on the Avandia. While there I was on that medication, I suddenly couldn't breath and had some serious heart pain. It lasted only a couple of seconds. About six months later the reports came out about the damage caused by the Avandia. Since then it has been downhill with my heart.

Now I could register for part of the settlement set up by the pharmaceutical company. But any monies I might receive would have to go to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. You see, what Medicare doesn't cover is picked up the MassHealth. They pay my premium for Medicare and any costs not covered by Medicare. ESP pays the rest. So any winnings, bonus money from the Lottery over $600, etc, goes to the Commonwealth. They want their money back. So it is an exercise in futility. Ticks me off big time.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #2832
Master Chef

Oh... I'm sitting here with the window open, letting the breeze in. I did a load of laundry, but I'm being lazy on getting it in the dryer.. lol. I didn't get much sleep last night, so I feel kind of sluggish.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #2833
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Slept fine last night, just want more. I'm going to feed the cats, watch the Derby...
Old 05-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #2834
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Trying to figure out where I can see the eastern horizon so I will be able to see the moonrise of the largest full moon in 2012. Will probably drive down to the shore of Lac St-Louis.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #2835
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Slept fine last night, just want more. I'm going to feed the cats, watch the Derby...
Rats! I missed the Derby! I love watching it. Actually it is probably better that I did miss it....this is something Dad and I really enjoyed together and I would probably be watching it through a lot of tears.

DH and I took all our pop cans, juice bottles, etc. to the depot ($22.00 worth!), took a pile of paper, cardboard and plastics, cans, etc. to the recycle bin, looked at a new cell phone for me, got our order of gluten free bread, had fish and chips at one of our favourite places, bought the dogs a new toy basket (I fell onto the old one and broke it...I was okay though!) and picked up my anti-biotic for my dentist appointment on Monday (need to take it as a precaution for my knee).

Now we are catching up on Nakita!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #2836
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Rats! I missed the Derby! I love watching it. Actually it is probably better that I did miss it....this is something Dad and I really enjoyed together and I would probably be watching it through a lot of tears.

DH and I took all our pop cans, juice bottles, etc. to the depot ($22.00 worth!), took a pile of paper, cardboard and plastics, cans, etc. to the recycle bin, looked at a new cell phone for me, got our order of gluten free bread, had fish and chips at one of our favourite places, bought the dogs a new toy basket (I fell onto the old one and broke it...I was okay though!) and picked up my anti-biotic for my dentist appointment on Monday (need to take it as a precaution for my knee).

Now we are catching up on Nakita!
It wasn't a big surprise, the Derby I mean, a horse won...
Old 05-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #2837
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
It wasn't a big surprise, the Derby I mean, a horse won...
Again, you brat!

It's okay, I watched it on youtube. Didn't cry either.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #2838
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Some of those hats looked like they could've won the race...
Old 05-06-2012, 12:53 AM   #2839
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'll be watching the Preakness and the Belmont, too! I love watching the horses run. It's the only sport I get excited about and I really don't care who wins. I just like to watch the horses.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:56 AM   #2840
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
I'll be watching the Preakness and the Belmont, too! I love watching the horses run. It's the only sport I get excited about and I really don't care who wins. I just like to watch the horses.
I'll be watching the other races as well. I don't know why I didn't remember the derby was on today. I have watched it with my Dad since I was little. I love horses and I too don't care who wins. Though I kind of like some of the jockeys and often route for them! It is just such a regal sport. I love show jumping and have also been to the Cloverdale (here in BC) and Calgary Stampedes.