What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning!

It is a lovely Saturday morning here, going to be very warm and sunny

We are just about to head out and look for some new curtains and blinds, so exciting getting all new ones made :)

Then this afternoon we will have a few drinks out in the garden, perfect day for it ;)

I always have to remind myself that you are in a different time zone and season. :angel:

Hello guys :)

Sunny, warm Sunday here today and a lazy Sunday too!

We are going to go out a bit later to grab a bottle of red wine to use in our gravy tonight...for our roast lamb :yum:

You are also a day ahead I think. Aren't you on the other side of the date line? Right now it is 6:25 a.m. on Sunday the 25th. It does take some figuring out. :angel:

Umberto Eco (he wrote The Name of the Rose) has written a novel entitled, The Island of the Day Before, which plays on the strangeness of the fictional Island's location on/at the International Date Line. It's on my list of "should reads" and I hope to get to it one of these days. Might make things clearer for me.

Getting ready to go to a food trade show with a local food wholesaler we use at work. It's a good opportunity to see what is new out on the market. The problem is they always want you to taste everything. It will be a challenge now with my new eating lifestyle.

Getting ready to go to a food trade show with a local food wholesaler we use at work. It's a good opportunity to see what is new out on the market. The problem is they always want you to taste everything. It will be a challenge now with my new eating lifestyle.

There are some things that just have to be tolerated, not matter what:LOL:

I like going to wine tastings...that's fun. I know one of the fellows who works for a distributor and he makes sure I get 2 invitations to all of them in Missoula.

Kicking back and regrouping after a flurry of activity. I somehow got a burst of energy and desire to accomplish...lots.

After breakfast I made two loaves of French bread, a pan of dessert bars, did a load of laundry, washed and set my hair and set a big pot of split pea soup on the stove to simmer for our dinner.

Time to put my feet up and relax for a bit.

Thinking about dinner for tonight. Leftover rotisserie chicken...sounds like chicken and dumplings to me.

Tearing my hair out. I signed up for the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) back in June. You pay $100 and get to avoid the Customs line and zip right through. We go to Mexico frequently, so the program is worthwhile. The signup process is dreadful. DH is signing up now, and is absolutely worthless, the man has zero patience. And my printer isn't working. Maybe this belongs in Venting :LOL:

Did a pile of laundry, made a new batch of laundry soap, picked tomatoes, b!tched about the freaking mouse chomping on said tomatoes, rearranged Frankenmatoe so the cherry tomatoes are out of reach, showered, had coffee, made carbonara for breakfast/lunch, decided what to wear to work and sat down for a while.

Dawgluver said:
Tearing my hair out. I signed up for the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) back in June. You pay $100 and get to avoid the Customs line and zip right through. We go to Mexico frequently, so the program is worthwhile. The signup process is dreadful. DH is signing up now, and is absolutely worthless, the man has zero patience. And my printer isn't working. Maybe this belongs in Venting :LOL:

You can vent anywhere you want I guess. How come DH didnt sign up back when you did? I hope he can get through it without throwing the monitor through the window.

I'm trying to get enough energy to get ready and go shopping. I am in some minor pain and a little on the tired side. But there are items we really need and DH is off sick today - we think he is coming down with a bug and can't afford too much time off so he is trying to rest all day.

I have put some laundry on, got chicken soup simmering and made my shopping lists!

chopper said:
You can vent anywhere you want I guess. How come DH didnt sign up back when you did? I hope he can get through it without throwing the monitor through the window.

It freaked me out enough that I didn't want to live through it twice in succession. Between us, we have 6 college degrees, I can't imagine the frustration for someone else. The whole process is absolutely ridiculous.

LPBeier said:
I'm trying to get enough energy to get ready and go shopping. I am in some minor pain and a little on the tired side. But there are items we really need and DH is off sick today - we think he is coming down with a bug and can't afford too much time off so he is trying to rest all day.

I have put some laundry on, got chicken soup simmering and made my shopping lists!

I hope the chicken soup chases away the bug so it doesn't go after you. I love that chicken soup really does make people better!

Dawgluver said:
It freaked me out enough that I didn't want to live through it twice in succession. Between us, we have 6 college degrees, I can't imagine the frustration for someone else. The whole process is absolutely ridiculous.

Maybe you should have had a six year old kid around to help! LOL

chopper said:
Maybe you should have had a six year old kid around to help! LOL

Not sure DH's language would be a good role model...

We got it! Good gravy, what a fiasco.

That is the type of thing that I am trying to work on in my diet routine.

I have been trying to just eat a normal diet within the guidelines for a person at an ideal weight and the pounds have been coming off slowly.

I am doing pretty well when eating at home and during a familiar routine. What I am now working on is sort of thinking on my feet to make realistic choices in any situation without feeling like I have blown it for the day. This has not been easy and any tips or tricks that others use would be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom