What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TL, you have my thoughts and prayers. Any kind of migraine is no fun. I hope you get relief soon. {{{{{{{{{{{{{Taxlady}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Thank you. I took a nap and it's gone, but has left a bit of a headache (which it often does). I'll see if I need to take something for the headache.

Only been up a short time as I was up WAY late last night. Just listening to the birds bicker over whose turn it is on the feeder and listening to our kitten chirp at the birds when they creep too close to the window. Pretty little birds out there right now, rosy finches, red breasted nuthatch, black capped chickadees and a couple of blue jays. The blue jays can boss everyone but the chickadees and the nuthatch. Too funny watching the itty bitty birds run off the huge jays.
Oh, I would love to see that. Those little chickadee dee dees can be hilarious.

Oh, I would love to see that. Those little chickadee dee dees can be hilarious.

I love watching the show. Those birds are so cute. I've often said if I were a bird I'd want to be a chickadee. Cute as all get out, but tough as nails!

When you learn to listen to your body, it will tell you what foods you should and shouldn't eat.

That was the Greek philosopher Aristotle's golden mean the desirable middle between two extremes, one of excess and the other of deficiency. Socrates also had his version "know thyself" a warning to pay no attention to the opinions of the multitude instead listen to your own mind and body for guidance.

The original wise guys! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Hi Guys :)

Lovely morning here today!

I am going to go and buy some small hand weights today.

I was at mums yesterday and she had some little 2kg ones...it made me want some too, but Steve wants me to start off slowly with the 1kg weights as my shoulder is still recovering from my operation

I will start with the small ones and build my way up :)

I am trying to do stuff around the house but my knee is swollen up like a balloon and very painful when I try to sit, get up, stand, walk. And I am not going to lay in bed all day so I guess I will just keep on best I can. I am certain it is because of the doctors all changing my medications around.

I need it to be better as I have my pain management follow-up on Wednesday and am so looking forward to seeing my group again. :)

Oh, when I do rest in my recliner, I will finish a baby hat I started yesterday.

Aw Laurie, that sucks. Is it when you bend your knee? If it is, have you considered a brace that would keep it from bending? I had one when I broke my kneecap.

That does suck, LP. I feel so bad for you.

We're getting ready for our evening walk. Had a long day with meetings at both ends. Need to clear the cobwebs. It's getting dark earlier and earlier.

Last edited:
I'm scanning receipts. I have a "Neat Scanner". It's a little portable scanner. It uses Excel and OCRs the receipt onto an Excel spreadsheet and lists the scan time. There is a separate sheet for the scans. This should comply with Revenue Canada's guidelines for scanned receipts.

It worked fine with Office 2007. It didn't work at all with Office 2010. I had to research a solution. MS quit including something called MODI with Office. I had to install part of SharePoint Designer to get MODI. Now it works again. BTW, I hate Office. I much prefer Open Office and I'll be trying out Libre Office soon. I only have Office because QuickBooks will only export to Excel and this stupid scanner won't work without Excel.

Thanks, Ladies,
Yes, it is when I bend it or have it down for any length of time. My surgeon doesn't want me to use a brace because it took a long time to "unfreeze" my knee after the second surgery and he is worried that even temporary use of a brace could do it again.

But I am trying not to let it bug me too much. I am using all my pain management techniques and changing position as much as possible. I just want to get through Wednesday! It involves being at the hospital from 8:30 to 3 for the follow-up clinic, going to lunch with my group, driving 20 minutes to the "skytrain", a half hour trip and then a 15 minute bus ride. My cane and handicap pass guarantee me a seat, but it is still a long trip. I really need/want to go to this. We have a bond and the fact we live all over the place this is the only way we get to see each other.

I am praying and thinking positive thoughts for myself! :)

I'm scanning receipts. I have a "Neat Scanner". It's a little portable scanner. It uses Excel and OCRs the receipt onto an Excel spreadsheet and lists the scan time. There is a separate sheet for the scans. This should comply with Revenue Canada's guidelines for scanned receipts.

It worked fine with Office 2007. It didn't work at all with Office 2010. I had to research a solution. MS quit including something called MODI with Office. I had to install part of SharePoint Designer to get MODI. Now it works again. BTW, I hate Office. I much prefer Open Office and I'll be trying out Libre Office soon. I only have Office because QuickBooks will only export to Excel and this stupid scanner won't work without Excel.

I really want one of these! Is this it?
NeatReceipts® Mobile Scanner and Digital Filing System for PC

Oh, this will make my life so much easier....and I have an old version of Office!

I really want one of these! Is this it?
NeatReceipts® Mobile Scanner and Digital Filing System for PC

Oh, this will make my life so much easier....and I have an old version of Office!
That's what mine looks like. A client gave me one because I mentioned that I would love to scan my receipts. Mine is a NeatScan to Office. I think that is a crippled version of the one in the link.

Will any of the stuff you scan be used for income tax purposes? If so, be sure to add a column for the name of the person who does the scanning. :rolleyes:

That's what mine looks like. A client gave me one because I mentioned that I would love to scan my receipts. Mine is a NeatScan to Office. I think that is a crippled version of the one in the link.

Will any of the stuff you scan be used for income tax purposes? If so, be sure to add a column for the name of the person who does the scanning. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that tip. Yes, some of it is just to do my budgeting - I am currently entering it all in my hand - but I have items that are expenses that I need for my income tax.

Sitting here all by myself laughing. My son just left with Teddy. That stupid dog does not know he is a dog. I have some treats for him. I put them on the floor. Wouldn't touch them. Put them on a paper plate. Still snubbed them. Put them on a regular plate. He gobbled them down and was looking for more. He got them. Then when I stopped giving them to him he jumped up and got hold of his leash. Brought it to my son. He went to jump on his lap, and flipped in mid air doing a somersault. He was stunned. Just stood there wondering what happened. :angel:

That's hilarious, Addie. Something our Joie would do.....we are positive he thinks he is a cat....not that he has ever seen one up close! :LOL:

Well, I decided I could either sit around and mope about the pain in my leg or I could do something so,
- I took out the recycling which is about a five minute walk each way and I had two Costco bags full!
- I rinsed all the pop cans from DH's work bag and put them away in the store room and organized them so I can take them to the bottle depot tomorrow.
- I am on my third load of laundry though I haven't folded anything yet (the first load was towels that went back up in the bathroom and the next one was gentles that hang to dry
- I cleaned up the kitchen from DH making lunch ;)
- I put my feet up in my recliner and worked on a hat
- I put all the dog toys in the basket and threw out small pieces that I didn't want them to have
- cleaned the glass on the very large coffee table

I took breaks and feel really good about what I have done. :)

That's hilarious, Addie. Something our Joie would do.....we are positive he thinks he is a cat....not that he has ever seen one up close! :LOL:

Well, I decided I could either sit around and mope about the pain in my leg or I could do something so,
- I took out the recycling which is about a five minute walk each way and I had two Costco bags full!
- I rinsed all the pop cans from DH's work bag and put them away in the store room and organized them so I can take them to the bottle depot tomorrow.
- I am on my third load of laundry though I haven't folded anything yet (the first load was towels that went back up in the bathroom and the next one was gentles that hang to dry
- I cleaned up the kitchen from DH making lunch ;)
- I put my feet up in my recliner and worked on a hat
- I put all the dog toys in the basket and threw out small pieces that I didn't want them to have
- cleaned the glass on the very large coffee table

I took breaks and feel really good about what I have done. :)

Just don't over do it LP. I have arthritis in my hip and at the base of my spine. I have pain meds for it, but I hate to take it. I am always trying to work myself through it. Been doing this for years. You would think I would learn. I will be standing at the sink and the pain will start. I try to ignore it. Worse thing I could do. By the time I give in, I am in so much pain I can't make it to my bed or a chair. I just stand there all bent over waiting for the pain to subside. Then I am worthless for the next hour. I do fold laundry sitting down while I am watching the TV. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom