What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Preparing what I am going to say at my dad's funeral service tomorrow, and finding a Bible passage to read at the graveside service. It will just be family at the graveside (no pastor or other official), so we decided that everyone will read the 23rd Psalm together (I printed up copies) and I will read a passage from Psalm 112.

It has been rather hectic getting prepared for the funeral (with Thanksgiving in the middle of it all), but other than haircuts for my son-in-law Steve and grandson Andrew, and clothes for Steve and shoes for Andrew, everything is done.

I will be so glad to have tomorrow over with.

Barbara L said:
Preparing what I am going to say at my dad's funeral service tomorrow, and finding a Bible passage to read at the graveside service. It will just be family at the graveside (no pastor or other official), so we decided that everyone will read the 23rd Psalm together (I printed up copies) and I will read a passage from Psalm 112.

It has been rather hectic getting prepared for the funeral (with Thanksgiving in the middle of it all), but other than haircuts for my son-in-law Steve and grandson Andrew, and clothes for Steve and shoes for Andrew, everything is done.

Oh, Barbara. So sorry to hear of your loss. We had the 23rd Psalm read at Dad's funeral. Beautiful and appropriate.

Sincerest condolensces. Please take care of yourself.

Maybe you can find out his marinade. If I remember correctly, I think that was what that person was after originally in the recent steak thread, a marinade that would replicate a restaurant's steak.
heck, when they tell you thier recipe, they always leave one thing out.:(

I'll try though.:rolleyes::LOL:

Oh, Barbara. So sorry to hear of your loss. We had the 23rd Psalm read at Dad's funeral. Beautiful and appropriate.

Sincerest condolensces. Please take care of yourself.
Thank you! My dad actually died November 12 (we were all there with him) but since he was cremated we were able to put the funeral off until some family members would be able to come.

May the comfort of family and friends give you strength. So sorry for your loss. JoAnn

I just finished prepping tonight's dinner, which included making a meatloaf and cole slaw. I cheated on the cole slaw... I opened a package! :ohmy: Oh the horror the horror :LOL: And I won't even mention what went in the meatloaf :rolleyes:
So the meatloaf is in the oven and cooking for another time... probably cold meatloaf sandwiches tomorrow for starters. And I am resting. I am whooped. I did a lot outside today and it wore me out. I had no intention of cooking anything for dinner tonight and here I am making two dinners :wacko:

Just got my new toy! iPhone 4s just arrived! It's just like a teensy weensy iPad. I'm resorting the tiny icons, playing around with it, and considering reading glasses.

Just got my new toy! iPhone 4s just arrived! It's just like a teensy weensy iPad. I'm resorting the tiny icons, playing around with it, and considering reading glasses.

Cool.
Did you have a smart phone before?

pacanis said:
Cool.
Did you have a smart phone before?

I had a BB Tour. Since I got the iPad last year, I was doing most of my online stuff on it. It's kinda strange having a mini me version!

I will have to buy it some clothing and accessories, and brush and style its hair. Keeping an eye on the battery, so far so good!

Too late... 5 comes early and my oldest poochie is telling me it's time to head upstairs. As soon as Pgh finishes (or not) this drive.
G'night.

pacanis said:
Too late... 5 comes early and my oldest poochie is telling me it's time to head upstairs. As soon as Pgh finishes (or not) this drive.
G'night.

'Night, Santa Pac. Remember to take off the welder's helmet and flippers, and put the tongs away.

heck, when they tell you thier recipe, they always leave one thing out.:(I'll try though.:rolleyes::LOL:

I am always honored that someone liked my food enough to ask for the recipe. I will not only be glad to share it, but any little tidfbits and hints I have made over the years. :chef:

I am always honored that someone liked my food enough to ask for the recipe. I will not only be glad to share it, but any little tidfbits and hints I have made over the years. :chef:
Well, the steak was very good again, as was the rest of the meal. I asked the bartender about the marinade and she shhh'd me and told me she'd tell me when the cooks weren't around. I guess it is a secret.

Just put a pineapple upside down cake in the oven. I used LPBeier's recipe adapted for the larger size of my 12" CI Skillet.

Just put a pineapple upside down cake in the oven. I used LPBeier's recipe adapted for the larger size of my 12" CI Skillet.
I'm on my way over, Andy. Set me a plate out! I love pineapple upsidedown cake almost as much as I love sushi!

Wait, I don't even know where you live! Damn!

I'm on my way over, Andy. Set me a plate out! I love pineapple upsidedown cake almost as much as I love sushi!

Wait, I don't even know where you live! Damn!

That information is actually available on this site. With the information I've posted in various forms, you could come right to my front door.

I'll hold a piece of cake for you until it becomes the last piece of cake. Then all bets are off.

That information is actually available on this site. With the information I've posted in various forms, you could come right to my front door.

I'll hold a piece of cake for you until it becomes the last piece of cake. Then all bets are off.

Florida to Mass is a heck of a trip for a piece of cake.:( I guess I'll have to pass this time. Thanks for the offer tho'!:pig:

Back
Top Bottom