"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2017, 04:50 PM   #29041
Chef Extraordinaire

Waiting for my daughter, she's at the clinic for a Dr. Appt. Hard to believe she will be off to college in 18 days, empty nesters.😑

simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:43 PM   #29042
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Waiting for my daughter, she's at the clinic for a Dr. Appt. Hard to believe she will be off to college in 18 days, empty nesters.😑
The last I remember she was 14. I thought of her the other day when I was reading a news article about Salem, MA. The city that hung witches way back when. Is she still fascinated with witches?

Old 08-01-2017, 07:30 PM   #29043
Chef Extraordinaire

She still is. Hope to get out there someday to vacation.
Hope all is well with you and your family, Addie!😇😇😇
Old 08-01-2017, 08:35 PM   #29044
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
She still is. Hope to get out there someday to vacation.
Hope all is well with you and your family, Addie!😇😇😇
Yah, we are doing well. Pirate now has full blown neuropathy as well as I do. He is not handling his very well. He is living in a continuous pity party. But it has ended his working days. Mine ended many years ago. And for that I am so thrilled. A few days ago he took a really bad fall and broke a rib. But he will survive.

It is so good to see you back. Did you and hubby sell your little luncheon place?
Old 08-01-2017, 08:40 PM   #29045
Chef Extraordinaire

No, it was leased inside a wellness center. They ended up remodeling. The space is no longer there. We tried selling the name with the contacts & recipes but no go. Bittersweet ending.
Sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope your daughter is well.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:57 PM   #29046
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
No, it was leased inside a wellness center. They ended up remodeling. The space is no longer there. We tried selling the name with the contacts & recipes but no go. Bittersweet ending.
Sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope your daughter is well.
She is doing great. The brain tumor shrunk as much as it was going to with the chemo. Every three months she goes for an MRI and now it is measured in decimals (?). The doctors can hardly see it. It is shrinking on its own. But she will have to go for the MRIs for the rest of her life. She has retired and she and her husband are living the life of retirees. My youngest is living in Vermont and is practicing medicine in the ER. He was offered a partnership in the owning of the practice. But he turned it down. Too much politics and in-fighting with the other partners. So they made him head of the ER with a major pay increase. He is happy with that. He loves what he does. No one can ever ask for more than that.

I got a spanking brand new great-grandson last week. He weighed more than nine pounds. He is following in the male line. Blond hair and big bright blue eyes. That brings the count of grand and great grandkids up to 18. Too many for Christmas. Even for birthdays. Every month there are at least two birthdays.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #29047
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm very happy for you. You are truly blessed with your family! Congratulations on the new addition to the family. You're kids are successful & you have every right to be very proud of them!! I continued to think about you & your daughter, continued prayers.😇
Old 08-01-2017, 09:40 PM   #29048
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I'm very happy for you. You are truly blessed with your family! Congratulations on the new addition to the family. You're kids are successful & you have every right to be very proud of them!! I continued to think about you & your daughter, continued prayers.😇
Thank you so much. I honestly believe that it was all the prayers that gave us the happy ending.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:10 PM   #29049
Head Chef

Just got through grocery shopping, paying some bills, picking up prescriptions, and getting a new tire put on the car. Waiting for french fries to finish in the toaster oven for lunch along with some chicken thighs I picked up from Farm Fresh.
cjmmytunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:22 PM   #29050
Chef Extraordinaire

I just got done at work, 2 co-workers short today put a lot more work for everyone else.
I'm ready to go to the pool very soon.