What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You sound so Upbeat. It makes me just smile to hear you this way. Keep it up honey. You will make it.
ma
Thanks, Ma, it is good to feel this way. Our Lottery Corporation has a motto - "Know your limit and play within it". I have been doing that with my activities and pain levels and it is really working for me! :)

I'm listening to the owl on the roof of the house. It is a great horned owl. He visits almost nightly and talks to another one close by. They have beautiful voices.

That sounds great Chopper, we dont have owls around our area, it would be lovely :)

Just finished making a batch of "dry" homemade laundry detergent. Gonna test it out against the liquid I dearly love. It was easy enough to make and using the food processor was fantastic.

I also made the powdered part of a batch of liquid detergent, again using the food processor. I'm almost out of the liquid and I certainly don't want to have a laundry detergent "crisis." :LOL::LOL:

I truly can't believe how wonderful this stuff is and how inexpensive it is!!! I'll never go back to commercially-produced laundry detergent again.

I only drive up to Denver if I have to. The Colorado Springs area is nice, although it has really grown in the 30+ years we have lived here.

We were out in Denver to visit our son this August. When we were coming down from Pikes Peak on the Clog train we were right next to the "top" of a rainbow. Oh my gosh, I have never seen anything so beautiful. I am so glad I got to share this experience with my DH, son and 10 year old grandson. I will never forget the vivid colors, they almost looked liquid.

Katie H said:
Just finished making a batch of "dry" homemade laundry detergent. Gonna test it out against the liquid I dearly love. It was easy enough to make and using the food processor was fantastic.

I also made the powdered part of a batch of liquid detergent, again using the food processor. I'm almost out of the liquid and I certainly don't want to have a laundry detergent "crisis." :LOL::LOL:

I truly can't believe how wonderful this stuff is and how inexpensive it is!!! I'll never go back to commercially-produced laundry detergent again.

I basically use the same recipe for my powdered recipe as a liquid one. I figure it turns Ito liquid in the washing machine anyway

I'm trying to get the energy to do some things around the house but am not finding any. A third night in a row of not sleeping well, the sore muscles from my big day on Wednesday and helping DH to move all the stuff on our patio so they can pressure wash and paint. I did the lighter work but it was still exhausting. I think it is time for my nap!:sleep:

Just made two pans of apple squares to take to a get together at SIL's tomorrow night. This recipe is the simplest, easiest, best-tasting apple dessert.

I've been making this for years and people love it (as do I). So simple and outstanding with vanilla ice cream.
I expected you to say "So simple and outstanding I can make it with one arm tied in a sling!" :D

It does sound delish and I am going to try it.

JoAnn L. said:
We were out in Denver to visit our son this August. When we were coming down from Pikes Peak on the Clog train we were right next to the "top" of a rainbow. Oh my gosh, I have never seen anything so beautiful. I am so glad I got to share this experience with my DH, son and 10 year old grandson. I will never forget the vivid colors, they almost looked liquid.

That sounds breathtaking JoAnn. I feel blessed to live in such a beautiful state.

When I lived in Hawaii, I used to take the bus that went over the Pali Pass. You could look out the window and look down on the clouds. Not the best thing for someone who is afraid of heights. But I was always so fascinated by the beautiful sight, that in spite of myself, I would look out the window. Mother Nature so often gives us beauty where we least expect it. I would have loved to see the top of a rainbow. :angel:

Here it is 5 a.m. and I am wide awake. I was just putting out my pills for the morning dose. There are two new blue pills that were never discussed with me. The doctor never gives me any new medication without discussing it first and letting me know the reason why. I eat at least one banana a day. Often two. I love bananas. After carefully checking the dosages it is listed as potassium. But on my med sheet it says for blood pressure control. If this was for blood pressure control, I would be dead in about an hour. I have LOW blood pressure. This is the second major screwup that could have been fatal for me. I don't need the potassium, and I had to have my blood pressure meds reduced drastically due to my low presssure. But my pill identifier says it is potassium.

I have no choice but to use this pharamacy. It is part of the health plan. I will call them as soon as they open up. If they don't have a damn good explanation, I will be filing another legal complaint. Right now I am so upset, I am shaking. :mad::angel:

Last edited:
That sounds breathtaking JoAnn. I feel blessed to live in such a beautiful state.

My Denver-dwellling daughter just sent me some photos from her weekend trip - one of the pictures was of Bishop's Castle. You surely do have a beautiful state.

Here it is 5 a.m. and I am wide awake. I was just putting out my pills for the morning dose. There are two new blue pills that were never discussed with me. The doctor never gives me any new medication without discussing it first and letting me know the reason why. I eat at least one banana a day. Often two. I love bananas. After carefully checking the dosages it is listed as potassium. But on my med sheet it says for blood pressure control. If this was for blood pressure control, I would be dead in about an hour. I have LOW blood pressure. This is the second major screwup that could have been fatal for me. I don't need the potassium, and I had to have my blood pressure meds reduced drastically due to my low presssure. But my pill identifier says it is potassium.

I have no choice but to use this pharamacy. It is part of the health plan. I will call them as soon as they open up. If they don't have a damn good explanation, I will be filing another legal complaint. Right now I am so upset, I am shaking. :mad::angel:
Oh Addie! What a PITA. I'm so glad you pay attention to your meds so you caught this.

Back
Top Bottom