What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cleaning up the house for the cleaning lady who will hopefully show up tomorrow. I need a precleaning lady to clean up prior to the cleaning lady. This place is a pig sty. Coming back from traveling and having suitcases all over does not make it any better. Oh well, we were able to have a nice walk with Beagle, and it was Survivor night!

Last edited:
Just finished listening to the P and the wannaP debate each other.

The debate was interesting but, I cannot stand having the pundits rehash it and explain it to me like I am brain dead! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Cleaning up the house for the cleaning lady who will hopefully show up tomorrow. I need a precleaning lady to clean up prior to the cleaning lady. This place is a pig sty. Coming back from traveling and having suitcases all over does not make it any better. Oh well, we were able to have a nice walk with Beagle, and it was Survivor night!

Is there some law that says you are supposed to clean before the cleaning lady comes? Even the women here who have cleaning ladies because they are unable to do it themselves, clean before the cleaning lady comes. During the time when I had a cleaning lady, I never cleaned up first. That was her job. If she finished before her alloted four hours, she lost pay. So I let her clean. I did have certain jobs I asked her do once a month. Like wipe down the window sills that were high up and hard to reach. So I got her a step stool with three steps. Everyone I have ever known that has or had a cleaning lady, cleaned before they came. We have one man here who separates his laundry before his aide shows up on Wednesday. Then he puts it in separate bags so she won't have to do it. I don't understand it.

Sign me
Baffled! :angel:

I think for us it's clutter. If I don't put stuff away, either I will never find it again, or it shows up in the strangest places. My CL also likes to play "hide the vaccuum cleaner attachments." I never can find them when I need them, even though they fit right on the vac.

Last edited:
Maybe it is because I live alone, I put things away after I use them. In a small apartment, clutter can build up very fast. I use to leave things out because I was going to come right back to it. That never happened. Then I started to do 'commercial cleaning'. Every time a commercial came on I would jump up and clean something. Most commercials last two to four minutes. You would be surprised how much you can get done in that time. Wipe down the window sills, wipe off fingerprints from light switches, put most of the dishes away, empty wastebaskets, etc. No major cleaning, just little jobs. If a room is a disaster, start in one corner. If you see just one clean spot in the room, it gives you the incentive to finish the job. :angel:

This made me laugh Dawgluver. We had a cleaning lady for awhile.....we had to hide the vacuum attachments from her because she was actually using the furniture upholstery attachment to vacuum the floors! I couldn't believe it, it's like 5 or 6 inches wide and we have about 2200 sq. ft of hardwood and tile (she wasn't responsible for the unfinished basement). No wonder she couldn't get finished in 4 hours! Lol!

Oh and "what am I doing right now?" Just finished vacuuming bedroom, on-suite and the stairs, then washed the stairs and wiped the rails and uprights. I'm tired.... ;-)

Last edited:
I'm trying to wake up so I can drive the hubster to see our family doctor. She has walk-in clinic from 08h00 - 09h00 today. I hope the traffic isn't too bad.

The only walkin clinics we have here are at the hospital. And they are not that great. If you want to see your doctor, you have to make an appointment. If you tell the receptionist it is an emergency, she will tell you to go to the emergency room. Lousy advice. They are trying to get folks to stop using the ER as their personal doctor. :angel:

Would you believe that I completely forgot that my SS check was in my checking account yesterday? I pay all my bills on line. So I never see the cash for them. And other daily purchases I use my debit card. I very rarely have cash on me. :angel:

Just got back from the grocery store. Got some good buys. Two 6 oz. packages of raspberries for $3, 1/2 gallon of orange juice for 99 cents and 1/2 gallon of ice cream for 99 cents. They even had my Land O Lakes spreadable butter for $1.68 (reg. $2.99).

I'm trying to wake up so I can drive the hubster to see our family doctor. She has walk-in clinic from 08h00 - 09h00 today. I hope the traffic isn't too bad.
Our doctor is on vacation. :( So Stirling saw one of the other doctors. At least at this clinic the doctor has access to Stirling's file. Some of Stirling's face is numb. The doctor did a bunch of tests that were all negative. He wants him to get a CT scan. He also wants him to mention it to the dentist he is seeing this afternoon. He doesn't think it is related to ongoing dental work, but says it could be.

Is there some law that says you are supposed to clean before the cleaning lady comes? Even the women here who have cleaning ladies because they are unable to do it themselves, clean before the cleaning lady comes. During the time when I had a cleaning lady, I never cleaned up first. That was her job. If she finished before her alloted four hours, she lost pay. So I let her clean. I did have certain jobs I asked her do once a month. Like wipe down the window sills that were high up and hard to reach. So I got her a step stool with three steps. Everyone I have ever known that has or had a cleaning lady, cleaned before they came. We have one man here who separates his laundry before his aide shows up on Wednesday. Then he puts it in separate bags so she won't have to do it. I don't understand it.

Sign me
Baffled! :angel:
There isn't a "law" that says you have to clean before the cleaning lady comes...but, it depends on what the cleaning lady does. When I had a cleaning lady, she did floors, dusted (but only around stuff), the bathroom, and would do one additional project per week. I would put clutter away. My mom's cleaning lady does floors (vacuums and mops [although I bought a steamer--she still mops] upstairs and down), the bathrooms, cleans out the fridge, and changes the sheets on the bed. She doesn't dust. My parents picked what she would do. It takes her 3 hours. She is from an "agency" that provides various services to srs. I haven't had a cleaning lady since the puppies were born--I figured 5 dogs + the hair generated was asking a bit much from a cleaning lady. But I did love coming home to a clean house.

The only walkin clinics we have here are at the hospital. And they are not that great. If you want to see your doctor, you have to make an appointment. If you tell the receptionist it is an emergency, she will tell you to go to the emergency room. Lousy advice. They are trying to get folks to stop using the ER as their personal doctor. :angel:
We have a bunch of walk-in clinics. If it isn't convenient to go to my own doctor's walk-in clinic, I go to one of those. I think you can only use my doctor's walk in clinic if your regular doctor has an office there.

I am off for a day of pampering! Hair, nails and makeup thanks to a couple of great friends! All to get ready for my big date tonight! :)

Kicking back and saying "aaaaaahhh!" We just came home from a glorious 2-hour motorcycle ride. Today is one of those perfect postcard kind of days where the sun is out and the temperature is just right.

So....Glenn decided to test out his new knee he got less than a month ago and off we went.

Fantastic ride through beautiful countryside that is just showing some signs of the turning leaves. Our destination was "our" Dairy Queen in a college town about 15 miles away. It's a mom-and-pop establishment and has been in business since Glenn was a little boy.

It's open from March 1 to October 31 and we always make a point to be there on opening and closing days. However, this year we won't be able to be there when they close because we won't be in the area.

We each had one of their to-die-for foot long hot dogs. So delicious and, of course, we had ice cream.

Now we'll have to wait until March to visit our special place but it was lovely today.

Back
Top Bottom