"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #2991
Sous Chef

My dad used to use tea tree oil for his foot fungus. Worked great. That stuff smells really strong, but sort of in a good way. It's a great natural anti-bacterial/anti-fungal. Another tip some people don't think of, is to have multiple pairs of shoes, including work shoes, so that you can let your shoes go at least 24 hours in between uses. This gives them time to dry out completely, and helps kill off bacteria and fungus residing in your shoes.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #2992
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
My dad used to use tea tree oil for his foot fungus. Worked great. That stuff smells really strong, but sort of in a good way. It's a great natural anti-bacterial/anti-fungal. Another tip some people don't think of, is to have multiple pairs of shoes, including work shoes, so that you can let your shoes go at least 24 hours in between uses. This gives them time to dry out completely, and helps kill off bacteria and fungus residing in your shoes.
Good advice, I have two pairs of nurse shoes and I make sure I alternate them. They look them same, but I used a sharpie to write a 1 in one pair and 2 in the other.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #2993
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you everyone for all the good tips. I will go to walgreens tomorrow , no costco here, & see if I can find the tea tree oil. Noone here eats plain yogurt but I may try a small container just to try it out.. I just love DC it's a place to get so many things solved. Thanks again!!
Old 05-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #2994
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Thank you everyone for all the good tips. I will go to walgreens tomorrow , no costco here, & see if I can find the tea tree oil. Noone here eats plain yogurt but I may try a small container just to try it out.. I just love DC it's a place to get so many things solved. Thanks again!!
Ask the pharmacy, they will know if they have it or not and where it is in the store. It's considered a supplement and is stocked through the pharmacy.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:27 AM   #2995
Certified Cake Maniac

I am excited because I found some new crochet patterns for things I can make for people who have brought some joy into my life....and, at the same time giving something to do in my "resting".

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:44 AM   #2996
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

Good advice, I have two pairs of nurse shoes and I make sure I alternate them. They look them same, but I used a sharpie to write a 1 in one pair and 2 in the other.
I have two pairs of waitress shoes. One pair of shape up type shoes, and one pair of normal shoes. Since they work different muscles in my legs it keeps my legs from getting quite so sore. And the added bonus is my feet don't get as stinky lol
Old 05-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #2997
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am excited because I found some new crochet patterns for things I can make for people who have brought some joy into my life....and, at the same time giving something to do in my "resting".
So, whattarya gonna be makin'?

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #2998
Certified Cake Maniac

There's a really cute pattern for baby hats that do up really fast - I have a bunch of babies coming real soon so these will be perfect. I have leftovers of a bunch of baby yarn in various colours so don't even have to buy any!

Second is a cowl collar with a flower. I really want to make this for a lady I met in my first pain group (before Dad died). She gave me the "One Sentence Journal" I made the thread about and loves wearing scarves and things around her neck (to cover scars from surgery from the accident that triggered her chronic pain). As soon as I saw this pattern I knew it was for her - and the picture was in her colours as well!

Finally, a cute little pattern to make stuffed lady bugs. A woman from my church lost her Mom shortly before Dad passed. She is having a really rough time of it. She shared a story about her Mom's love for ladybugs and how one was one her Mom's bed just before she passed away. It gave my friend a sense of comfort. She also has 4 daughters so I though I would make a bunch of them in bright colours!

Since I have to rest (and don't really feel like much else), I might as well keep busy and making things for others makes me happy!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #2999
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I wish I had learned to crochet. There are several women at the dialisys center who spend there 3 hours working on things. Me I just sit there and TV makes me nuts soooo it's sit and watch. So glad you found something for your resting time
ma
Old 05-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #3000
Chef Extraordinaire

I am taking a quick breal before my busy weekend begins. The daughter has her piano guild today at the local college. Then, we have to go to Sam's & buy alot of groceries for a party of 650 thursday. After mass tomorrow it's back to work again. Enjoying this 2 hours of free time.