What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are right about the house, "unless" she states otherwise in her will. She wants her son to get her half. But then she has a daughter. I doubt she wants the house. She is more interested in the night life. :angel:
I don't know about in the States, but if the deed has the parties listed as "tenants in common," then she can will her 1/2 of the house to whomever she wants. If joint tenancy, then the surviving party on the title is the sole owner and I don't think she can will her share because joint tenancy means that both parties own 100% of the house with right of survivorship. What they can do is add her son to the title, or remove her from the title and add her son. This usually is more expensive. Adding s/one to the title is usually less expensive and doesn't entail two title transfers. She has time to do this and it shouldn't be too expensive.

Nice, Kylie!

Picked the rest of the tomatoes (green), cukes and peppers, we may or may not get a freeze tonight. I think I'll cover the cherry toms and leave them out.

Love the avatar too, CW!

If you cannot cover the tomatoes pull the plants up by the roots and hang them in the garage or basement. They will continue to ripen, on the vine, for a few weeks.

Aunt Bea said:
If you cannot cover the tomatoes pull the plants up by the roots and hang them in the garage or basement. They will continue to ripen, on the vine, for a few weeks.

Thanks! Will have to try that. I've actually brought the whole big pot of cherry toms inside in previous years, and we've had cherry toms in January. The big toms are now picked. Bye bye summer. :(

Last edited:
You are right about the house, "unless" she states otherwise in her will. She wants her son to get her half. But then she has a daughter. I doubt she wants the house. She is more interested in the night life. :angel:
I am so very sorry to hear about your daughter. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care. DC is a wonderfully supportive place to bring all of your concerns.

PF found the avitar for me. I too love it!

Rocky has 6 new hens. They are on their way out to the farm under cover of darkness. They will be installed in the 30 x 40 ft barn (2-storey), out during the day when s/one is there (one or both us are usually out there 2-3 days/week). Rocky's probably glad to be out of my clutches and being rocked to sleep...

I only ended up with 6 turkeys, not counting the one that is thawing for Monday or Tuesday. I have to hit another store tomorrow...probably won't be any left. Oh well, maybe they will go on sale before Christmas so we can score the others. I want to thaw one, cut it up, brine the legs and breast, and then smoke them. I have been wanting to do that for over a year. I will probably pull one of the smaller ones out of the freezer next Sunday, thaw it, and do that for the following weekend.

I had just gotten ready to call it a day when I heard all this crashing about in the pasture (hay) on the other side of my fence. Awfully big raccoon, I thought. I caught flashing lights through the windbreak--two police cars on the road. Hmmm....back into my clothes, head out in the dark to find out what is going on.

The neighbour's dairy cows (15 of them) are wandering around in the ditch, my neighbour's field, the other side of the road. The police are stopping traffic.

"Hi--do you know who owns the cows?" (I had an ulterior motive, s/one knocked on my door this morning at an uncivilized hour to come calling to tell me my cows were on the road.)

Earlier today:
Bang! Bang! Bang! (the sound of knocking on my door).

"Not my cows." (Can you tell this has happened before?)

"Oh, well they are on the road."

"I can see that, but they are not my cows."

Back inside, flip open the phone book, dial the number (I have it written down--that should tell you how many times s/one has knocked on my door to tell me my cows are on the road.)

My call went to voice mail. I left a message and went back to bed.

Ten minutes later, more banging on my door (I have a locked gate, but obviously commuters on their way to work think nothing of walking around a locked gate).

Before the man could open his mouth, I said, "they're not my cows."

Back to this evening's chat with the local police officers. The officers knew who owned the cows, but no one was home so they were trying to prevent an accident. As I stood there talking with them, my neighbour, the sheep farmer, showed up on his ATV and herded the three cows that were in his pasture out of his pasture. I joined in the herding of the cows back to their pasture. (I do not recommend wearing Crocs if you are going to herd cows down a gravel road in the dark).

The problem? The gate was open. My neighbour managed to get 10 more back on their side of the gate, but the remaining two went into the trees. At this point, I figured the police and my neighbour had things under control, so back in the house. The police are now gone, my dog has stopped barking, and I just hope no one knocks on my door tonight or early tomorrow morning to tell me my cows are on the road. They are NOT my cows! Mine wouldn't be on the road, they'd be locked up with the girls for the night.

So, were they your cows? (ducking and running) You should have taken one with a full looking bag just for the milk. You could probably get a couple of milkings before the owner came looking for it. Let the cream rise to the top and make some butter. What is left over is buttermilk. Great for biscuits. :angel:

Last edited:
I agree with Addie! Obviously the cows don't like it at their place, maybe they are jealous of all the loving attention the girls get! ;)

So what am I doing? Well, I live in a rather dark apartment. I have three windows that are supposed ot let in some light. Ha! A big joke. If I leave the blinds open in the big room, folks who are wiating for the elevator in the hall, usually stand at the window while waiting. They can look directly into my apartment. And if I leave the two story blinds open, it is on the ground floor and folks walking by can look right into my apartment. So I have them opened turned up. I can't even tell you if it is sunny out or raining. Doesn't let in much light. As result, I have four lamps and at least two of them are turned on all day. They weren't giving off that much light. For fiive years I have been living in darkness.

So my son comes once again to my rescue. He showed up with Daylight White squiggly light bulbs for all four lamps and the overhead light. I feel like I have a Hollywood spotlight on me. What a differnce. He brought eight of them and so I still have some replacements. I have finally seen the light! :angel:

I agree with Addie! Obviously the cows don't like it at their place, maybe they are jealous of all the loving attention the girls get! ;)

When the owner comes for his cow, I think she should inform him that there is a fee for feeding and housing the animal. :angel:

So my son comes once again to my rescue. He showed up with Daylight White squiggly light bulbs for all four lamps and the overhead light. I feel like I have a Hollywood spotlight on me. What a differnce. He brought eight of them and so I still have some replacements. I have finally seen the light! :angel:
Yeah Addie! Those bulbs can really make a difference.

I am trying to retrain my fingers to work with my new acrylic nails...a birthday present from a friend. I am trying to get a good picture but they are too sparkly and aren't good with the flash, but look dull without it. Typing isn't too bad, but other tasks are a challenge. But they are fun! :)

I am trying to retrain my fingers to work with my new acrylic nails...a birthday present from a friend. I am trying to get a good picture but they are too sparkly and aren't good with the flash, but look dull without it. Typing isn't too bad, but other tasks are a challenge. But they are fun! :)
I have had those, back in the '80s. They were fun and the nail polish stays on them nicer than on real nails.

There are a number of things that are easier to do with a knuckle, like dialing the phone or pushing buttons.

When I worked for Key Bank, there were two IT girls that had them. What protuded over the edge of their fingers was longer than the bed part that was glued on. I don't know how they did it, but they could type like a bat out of hell with them. Sometimes they are just too long and look grotesque. Only once in my life did I have nice nails. And they didn't last too long. I found they got in the way. I didn't have the patience to try and work around them. :angel:

I have had those, back in the '80s. They were fun and the nail polish stays on them nicer than on real nails.

There are a number of things that are easier to do with a knuckle, like dialing the phone or pushing buttons.

Yeah, my knuckles come in handy! I actually already use them for a lot of push buttons (my stove for one) because my arthritic fingers aren't always strong enough. These are a little longer than I wanted, but they will just be on until they start coming off and then I will probably not get them again....unless there is another special occasion! :LOL: My friends wanted to help me to really feel special on my birthday so one gave me the nails and the other gave me a facial and makeup. My hairdresser, who is also a friend, cut and styled my hair for free. Then DH took me to dinner (yes, CW I still owe you a review!). What a day of pampering it was!

Just got back from having lunch with my 10 year old grandson. This afternoon we are going to watch Star Wars ( the first one). I had them all but I loaned someone the last one and never got it back. I said something about it one day and they said that they don't have it, and they didn't offer to replace it, so one of these days I will have to buy another copy. The last time we had a Star Wars weekend I got it from Netflix.

Yeah, my knuckles come in handy! I actually already use them for a lot of push buttons (my stove for one) because my arthritic fingers aren't always strong enough. These are a little longer than I wanted, but they will just be on until they start coming off and then I will probably not get them again....unless there is another special occasion! :LOL: My friends wanted to help me to really feel special on my birthday so one gave me the nails and the other gave me a facial and makeup. My hairdresser, who is also a friend, cut and styled my hair for free. Then DH took me to dinner (yes, CW I still owe you a review!). What a day of pampering it was!

Gee, and I have a mammogram and pelvic scheduled for my birthday...I need better friends. :ROFLMAO:

DD #2 has been sick all week with a virus and I have been up every night with her so not much sleep. She also had a rash which the doctor gave a cream for. It has gotten so bad she was crying from pain. The doctor said give a couple days for the cream to work but has gotten worse. This morning it was so bad hub took her back to doctor. Sometimes the wait is so long especially on saturday. I need to pick DD #1 up from work so I stayed home. I got call from hub saying he is at the hospital!! It is a cyst! They need to wait for a doctor to come and take care of it. So I am waiting to hear whats going on. I am going crazy waiting.

Just got another call. They are waiting on blood work to see what her white blood cell count is and how bad the infection is. They gave her a shot of morphine and she sounds high as a kite. I am going to be a wreck driving.

Last edited:
DD #2 has been sick all week with a virus and I have been up every night with her so not much sleep. She also had a rash which the doctor gave a cream for. It has gotten so bad she was crying from pain. The doctor said give a couple days for the cream to work but has gotten worse. This morning it was so bad hub took her back to doctor. Sometimes the wait is so long especially on saturday. I need to pick DD #1 up from work so I stayed home. I got call from hub saying he is at the hospital!! It is a cyst! They need to wait for a doctor to come and take care of it. So I am waiting to hear whats going on. I am going crazy waiting.

Just got another call. They are waiting on blood work to see what her white blood cell count is and how bad the infection is. They gave her a shot of morphine and she sounds high as a kite. I am going to be a wreck driving.
Please concentrate on your driving and drive carefully.

Having a blast playing with our new toy...a Bose music system with a multi-CD changer. It's awesome and we've given it quite a workout playing all sorts of CDs.

We didn't go on a vacation this year for an assortment of reasons so we took some of the money we'd saved for that and spent it on the Bose system. Money well spent.

Later...la, la, la.............

msmofet said:

Oh, MsM! Take Taxlady's advice, deep breaths, it will be OK. Morphine will make a person sound and act differently.

Take care, Sweetie!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom