What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Katie H said:
Having a blast playing with our new toy...a Bose music system with a multi-CD changer. It's awesome and we've given it quite a workout playing all sorts of CDs.

We didn't go on a vacation this year for an assortment of reasons so we took some of the money we'd saved for that and spent it on the Bose system. Money well spent.

Later...la, la, la.............

I've heard of those, great toy!

yes, msm, seriously--take extra care while driving home. at least it's a good thing that you know that you might be a "wreck" at this time, and carefully proceed to compensate for that. and once you get home, stay put! please keep us informed as you get news of your girl from the hospital. (hugs)

Having a blast playing with our new toy...a Bose music system with a multi-CD changer. It's awesome and we've given it quite a workout playing all sorts of CDs.

We didn't go on a vacation this year for an assortment of reasons so we took some of the money we'd saved for that and spent it on the Bose system. Money well spent.

Later...la, la, la.............
I can hear it all the way here, Katie! Sounds great! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Katie H said:
Wow! How'd you know? There ain't nuthin' better than hearing the Chieftains cranked up to, um, well pretty loud.:angel::angel:

I kinda figured she wouldn't hear you when I could hear your music from here. ;)

This morning we have mowed the front and back lawns and done some tidying up out in the garden..now relaxing with a coffee :)

Just got home from SW Minnesota. We went up to dh's aunt's 80th birthday party it was a nice day.

I'm going to dig up the basil, pot it up, and bring it inside. It worked really well last year, had fresh basil and cilantro all the time. Then there's a couple of big dracaenas outside in the planters I save year to year, along with the elephant ear bulbs. Just wish it would warm up enough to comfortably do so.

Last edited:
I went to join my daughter for the parade. There is a friend of hers that every time there is a parade, she puts on the biggest feast. Anyone can walk in off the street and eat to their hearts content. I had a sausage, Was only able to eat half of it before I started to get sick. It wasn't the sausage, it was me. I knew what was coming. So I made a mad dash home. I just got in the door and pressed the button for the elevator. Then it all hit me. I had to jump off my scooter and run into the laundry room and the trash can. Only this time it wasn't the dry heaves. I was so sick. I managed to make it to my apartment and lay down for a while. I might go back out in about an hour to see the end of the parade. And it is cold out. Yesterday beautiful weather. Today perfect for the paraders. :angel:

SO is doing some Fall cleaning in the LR so I'm helping by one-handed sofa moving and blind repair. (and supervision, which is not appreciated)

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to jump up and yell the next time there is a big play. Shrek has managed to sleep through this game, so far...it might wake him up...:devilish:

We're going to go looking at microwave ovens and refrigerators. The microwave is urgent - ours is dead. We need a new fridge, but it isn't urgent. There are just too many choices when it comes to fridges. Does anyone know how much more energy efficient it is to have the freezer on the bottom instead of on top? Is it worth the extra money?

Did some prep for the dish I'm taking to MIL's tonight, now I'm messing about for a bit. I'll go do some laundry and maybe sit outside and enjoy the warm weather today.

We're going to go looking at microwave ovens and refrigerators. The microwave is urgent - ours is dead. We need a new fridge, but it isn't urgent. There are just too many choices when it comes to fridges. Does anyone know how much more energy efficient it is to have the freezer on the bottom instead of on top? Is it worth the extra money?

This should answer your question.

Refrigerators & Freezers - Energy Choices at the Home

Thank you for all the well wishes. Last night they admitted my daughter and operated to remove the cyst. Everything is alright the infection didn't spread and they drained it. They kept her overnight for observation. She came home a couple hours ago. She has meds and she is in pain but well.

Back
Top Bottom