"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2018, 02:27 AM   #30581
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
So Cute, Farmer Jon! Jasper's tiny head poking up above the edge of the door window frame is precious. I hope he had a great birthday.
+1

Old 09-21-2018, 07:23 AM   #30582
Executive Chef

+2 - he must have been tired after all the excitement of the day but I'll bet not too tired for cake!

Old 09-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #30583
Honey Badger

Next year Jr will be driving Dad's truck.!
They grow up so quick.

Munky.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:42 PM   #30584
Honey Badger

Were getting ready to paint the living room.
I can't wait until it's all over.

The Master bedroom will be the hardest.Were going to have to disassemble my bed to get anywhere.That's next.
Kitchen/dining room will be last.

Munky.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:39 PM   #30585
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Were getting ready to paint the living room.
I can't wait until it's all over.

The Master bedroom will be the hardest.Were going to have to disassemble my bed to get anywhere.That's next.
Kitchen/dining room will be last.

Munky.
Oh how I remember when my daughter bought the house she is now living in. She had paint chips everywhere. "Do you like this color? Should I use it for the living room or my bedroom?" She drove the whole family crazy!

So finally my SIL asked me to find an excuse to take me shopping with my daughter. He even gave me some cash for spending. We went out for the whole day. Left at eleven in the morn, and came home loaded with bags of stuff for her new home and a whole new wardrobe for me. We got home around 7:30 that night. Even ate out for lunch and supper.

Surprise!!! Both the living room and her bedroom were all painted. And all the furniture was put back where she wanted it. All she had to do was tell her husband how to hang the curtains we bought while shopping. By the time she went to bed, her home was exactly the way she had pictured it.

The kitchen? She has always had a red kitchen. The next day, her husband laid down a red and white checkered tile floor. He had found an artistic friend who took one of the red tiles, and painted a beautiful letter "B" in gold, in the middle. She had no idea how he came up with that. That letter was shellacked so heavily that it still looks new.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #30586
Master Chef

Just got done helping Tyler with his homework. Algebra. What does "n" equal, etc. I feel like such a dummy, but math and I have never gotten along, except for the basics. He's in 3rd grade.

His mom will look it over to see if it's right. We only have half an hour left before he goes home, so we're going to go play ball in the backyard on this beautiful afternoon.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:17 AM   #30587
Chef Extraordinaire

Just finished up making reservations for next week - two nights in the Berkshire Mountains. Dear friends of ours are going to be staying at a resort in Hancock for the week. We were trying to decide which would be better - they come to stay with us for a couple nights, or we get a hotel near them for a couple nights. Since we aren't going to FL this year, I figured a quick get-away would be nice. Besides, our guest room has a double bed, and he is a healthy sized 6' 3". His poor wife would end up on the floor if they shared the bed! We do have a queen sleeper sofa, but all of my queen sheets are back in OH at Loverly's. I'd have to go buy a new set for...two nights. Basically, I think I was looking for an excuse for a quick vacay!
Old 09-27-2018, 08:19 AM   #30588
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

The average four year-old child asks over four hundred questions a day.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:06 AM   #30589
Executive Chef

I just ordered five of those small LED lanterns for $18.00. Free shipping. The TAC Lite kind.
As seen on TV. $19.99 for one. Anyone own one? They say it's not a light to have sitting right in front of you. Too intense.

I'm ditching my old emergency LED lantern (for when the lights go out). It uses six D size batteries.
Caslon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:40 AM   #30590
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
I just ordered five of those small LED lanterns for $18.00. Free shipping. The TAC Lite kind.
As seen on TV. $19.99 for one. Anyone own one? They say it's not a light to have sitting right in front of you. Too intense.

I'm ditching my old emergency LED lantern (for when the lights go out). It uses six D size batteries.

Correction: I'm tossing tube type lantern (not led). A nice glow but takes 6 D batteries.

Caslon is offline   Reply With Quote

« The Sick Room | - »