What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have had a lovely walk...the sun came out and it was lovely!

We then fertilised the whole garden...it is a big job as we have a pretty big garden

I have also made some Tuna Mornay and about to make the pizza for lunch :yum:

Taxy, we didnt take any this morning as when we set out it was really overcast...we only like taking photos when it is sunny :)

We are going for another walk tomorrow, going back there as it is a big area and lots to take photos of...so I will take some then :)

Taxy, we didnt take any this morning as when we set out it was really overcast...we only like taking photos when it is sunny :)

We are going for another walk tomorrow, going back there as it is a big area and lots to take photos of...so I will take some then :)
There can be advantages to taking photos when it's overcast. The lighting is much more even. The shadows aren't as strong.

What is wrong with your legs SB?
I did some weight lifting with my legs at the gym this afternoon. When I was doing it, it did not seem like much but am I ever sore now. Looking forward to getting in the pool tomorrow, that always seems to take the pain away.

Ouch...do you think you have have pulled the muscles a bit?

Yes a nice swim should work the pain out :)

I did some weight lifting with my legs at the gym this afternoon. When I was doing it, it did not seem like much but am I ever sore now. Looking forward to getting in the pool tomorrow, that always seems to take the pain away.
A soak in a hot bath tonight would be helpful too. I find it's best to take care of it the same day.

Kicking back and trying to figure out a new "toy" that was delivered today. My brain is about to bleed.:huh: I have an ice pack on my knee because it's been plaguing me more and more all the time. "Arthur" is NOT a friend. The ice feels so good and the pain is subsiding. Yeah!

However, I've had my evening shower, there are fresh line-dried sheets on our bed and I know the perfume of the outdoors will lull me to sleep. I love sliding into bed on Friday night.

Katie, I agree nothing better than getting into bed when you have just washed the sheets and they have dried outside...we too wash our sheets every Friday and put a lovely clean set on...we have about 6 sets of cotton sheets :)

Epsom Salts is also good for roses.

Another all nighter. Did some sewing, got bored with that. Watched some TV. Got bored with that. Started to clean the stove. Boring! I changed the sheet on my bed. I have only a bottom sheet. Hate top sheets. I can't stand to have it touch my bad leg since the surgery. Don't know why. I sleep with my leg outside the blanket. I take really good care of the graft.

I do have to do a couple of loads of laundry today. But because I have been up all night I will probably crash around ten this morning. Wake up around three. :angel:

I never have a problem sleeping until 9:00AM or later, but today I'm up and ready at 6:30 AM on a Saturday morning waiting for a furniture delivery. (scheduled for 7:00AM to 10:00AM).

I just prepped a big hunk of Hen of the Woods mushroom. A friend found a 35 pounder and was nice enough to give us a big piece! More than enough to freeze, dehydrate, and fry up. :yum:

I just prepped a big hunk of Hen of the Woods mushroom. A friend found a 35 pounder and was nice enough to give us a big piece! More than enough to freeze, dehydrate, and fry up. :yum:
A 35 pound mushroom! :ohmy: Is that normal for hen of the woods? What do they taste like? I know, dumb question, but are they similar to anything else?

taxlady said:
A 35 pound mushroom! :ohmy: Is that normal for hen of the woods? What do they taste like? I know, dumb question, but are they similar to anything else?

image-392136167.jpg
Teaspoon for comparison:

image-4035720891.jpg

Not dumb at all, TL. I'd never heard of them before either. We got an 8 pounder from the same friend a couple years ago. The taste is like a portobello, really meaty. They freeze and dehydrate really well. I use them in soup and spaghetti sauce. 35 pounds is big, but not uncommon, they can get bigger!

Last edited:

there you go again, dawg! last year you had us drooling over your beagle-sized hen of the woods mushroom that a neighbor gifted you...much as i love, so love, mushrooms of every kind, whether they grow in the woods in dead oak trees or under your bed, i should rightfully have mushroom-finding-sharing friends in my neighborhood.:) some people are just lucky that way....do you think it would maybe increase my chances if i were to adopt a dog from the local shelter? i could afford it, what with all the money i'd be saving from not having to buy my mushrooms....

vitauta said:
there you go again, dawg! last year you had us drooling over your beagle-sized hen of the woods mushroom that a neighbor gifted you...much as i love, so love, mushrooms of every kind, whether they grow in the woods in dead oak trees or under your bed, i should rightfully have mushroom-finding-sharing friends in my neighborhood.:) some people are just lucky that way....do you think it would maybe increase my chances if i were to adopt a dog from the local shelter? i could afford it, what with all the money i'd be saving from not having to buy my mushrooms....

Oh geez, Vit, that was just last year, wasn't it? No, I just looked, 9/10.

Yes, adopting a dog would definitely increase your mushroom obtaining! Beagles are being trained to sniff out truffles, maybe they could sniff out Hens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom