What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am just getting out of bed & it's 11:30 a.m.. I am feeling all swollen & groggy I went to bed at 10 last night. Still waking up figuring out when to get to the pool. Wish I could soak in a hot tub but will have to wait to go to the pool/hottub as we don't have a bathtub at home, only a shower.

taxlady said:
Yes, I do believe a beagle would be a good way to sniff out potential friends. :)

:LOL: Especially if they were carting mushrooms!

Last edited:
Trying to wake up enough to get a shower and head back into work. The program we use for charting, etc. crashed twice this past week for about 4 hours total, so I have things backed up.

Trying to wake up enough to get a shower and head back into work. The program we use for charting, etc. crashed twice this past week for about 4 hours total, so I have things backed up.

My daughter works for the RMV. When their system crashes, then there is work from the whole State that gets backed up. She is in charge for the commcerial businesses in the whole state. And she is the only one doing the work. Since she is out of work and will be until January, when she goes back, it will be part time and will take forever for her to catch up. There is no cross training for when she is out. Stupid system. :angel:

Dawgluver said:
Teaspoon for comparison:

Not dumb at all, TL. I'd never heard of them before either. We got an 8 pounder from the same friend a couple years ago. The taste is like a portobello, really meaty. They freeze and dehydrate really well. I use them in soup and spaghetti sauce. 35 pounds is big, but not uncommon, they can get bigger!

Ewww...you eat that!!!!! :O

LOL. Most of you here know I don't like mushrooms, so you know I am kidding.

chopper said:
Ewww...you eat that!!!!! :O

LOL. Most of you here know I don't like mushrooms, so you know I am kidding.

And you may have all my Brussels sprouts, Chopper! I would imagine Colorado has some great mushrooms!

I am still battling a headache but at least it is no longer a migraine. I was out of commission all of yesterday with it.

I am trying to get the energy to go skim the fat off my ham stock and remove the bones so I can start some pea soup. This will be soup number 3 this week!

Dawgluver said:
And you may have all my Brussels sprouts, Chopper! I would imagine Colorado has some great mushrooms!

Yes, my son lives in Alamosa, Colorado. You can smell the mushrooms growing there. :O They have lots.

LPBeier said:
I am still battling a headache but at least it is no longer a migraine. I was out of commission all of yesterday with it.

I am trying to get the energy to go skim the fat off my ham stock and remove the bones so I can start some pea soup. This will be soup number 3 this week!

So sorry LP. hope you are better soon.

I made my mini pies, but my crust was kinda flakey! I had a lemon pie explode when I tried to lift it out of the pan.

image-4266016238.jpg

Good thing I know my Hubby will still eat it and not complain.

Oh...I forgot the leftover pie crust in the oven (I had made cinnamon crisp). They are too done. :(
Don't know if anyone will want to eat that.

Sorry to hear they exploded on you Chopper :(

Although they still look tasty!

Andy, we have a double recliner too...it is a 2.5 size, they are great!

Power recliners are for people too lazy to operate the up and down manually. No vibrations. SO has back issues and can't comfortably use her legs to lock the seat in the upright position.

Actually, we bought two of them to replace a longer sofa and easy chair.

Power recliners are for people too lazy to operate the up and down manually. No vibrations. SO has back issues and can't comfortably use her legs to lock the seat in the upright position.

Actually, we bought two of them to replace a longer sofa and easy chair.
Sounds cool, but what kind of cocktails? ;)

We just have the manual recliners...we didn't want the powered ones as we didn't want cables all over the place

Back
Top Bottom