What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just cut off my acrylic nails!!! They were great fun, but after 10 days have grown slightly longer and typing, cooking, crocheting and just about everything was getting more difficult. I still have a little purple sparkle left to remind me of the day of pampering I had on my birthday! :)

I am now going to bed as tomorrow is going to be a long day - I have to do all my shopping before DH needs to borrow my car to go to work. He has a second flat tire and we weren't able to get it to the garage today for them to be done in time tomorrow!

Thankfully this round of migraines/headaches was short lived. I am hoping they will stay away for a lot longer. :ermm:

LP I found quite by accident that when I get a migraine, it is because I am dehydrated. So I keep a very large mug by the bed and slowly sip on it. I try to get it all down within one hour. The reason for the "by accident" was I really wanted a cup of coffee. But the pot was empty so I had a glass of water instead. I noticed that my headache was beginning to break. Happened again the next time I had one. So now everytime I feel one coming on, I start drinking water. Stops it right in its tracks. :angel:

Thanks, Addie. I have to stay hydrated at all times. I have filtered water, sparkling water, water with flavouring in it, hot water. But yes, you are right that I often don't drink so much when I have the migraine because I don't want to move. I will make sure I have a bottle or glass when I am down with one.:)

We have just had a lovely dinner and are now relaxing with a cuppa!

Steve is going in to hospital to have his operation tomorrow morning, to have his gall bladder removed...I will be taking him in early and of course picking him up when it is all over...I bet he will be ever so please to have it removed as it has been causing nothing but problems for him, poor thing :(

Steve is going in to hospital to have his operation tomorrow morning, to have his gall bladder removed...I will be taking him in early and of course picking him up when it is all over...I bet he will be ever so please to have it removed as it has been causing nothing but problems for him, poor thing :(

I hope his recovery is a quick one and that you two will be out on your walks again very soon.

The kookaburra reminded me of our little kingfishers hereabouts. I believe they both have fun "laughs."

Please give Steve my wishes for an easy surgery and speedy recovery! :flowers:

Just started getting the hang of eating low GI sugar free and hubby came home with a packet of M&M's for me. Darnit, don't even have a sweet tooth but I've eaten most of them :( Should have told him about the sugar problem but I don't want to worry him. I'll tell him soon just not now.

Last edited:
Damn damn damn, make that all the M&M'S. It wasn't me :(

The trick is to see how much is a serving of sweets and divide it by 4. Only eat one fourth if it a day...you make it last longer and you don't deprive yourself of something you like. Deprivation is what makes you go overboard.

The trick is to see how much is a serving of sweets and divide it by 4. Only eat one fourth if it a day...you make it last longer and you don't deprive yourself of something you like. Deprivation is what makes you go overboard.

Thanks PF, I feel a bit dumb though. Before my Dr. told me to stop eating sugar I was fine with it. A chocolate usually lasts me forever, I could eat the odd square and not be bothered with wanting more. Guess I'm just being a rebel, don't like being told what to do :angel: It just makes me want it more!

Thanks PF, I feel a bit dumb though. Before my Dr. told me to stop eating sugar I was fine with it. A chocolate usually lasts me forever, I could eat the odd square and not be bothered with wanting more. Guess I'm just being a rebel, don't like being told what to do :angel: It just makes me want it more!

Oh, I know that feeling. :angel:

Cut your nose to spyte your face I guess :LOL:. I must bake scones for my daughter's school this week too, don't even like them but I bet they'll be a temptation. Think I should just buy some and pass them off as mine :ohmy:
Think I'm gonna send myself to bed soon before I get into more trouble!

I hope his recovery is a quick one and that you two will be out on your walks again very soon.

The kookaburra reminded me of our little kingfishers hereabouts. I believe they both have fun "laughs."

Thanks so much Lizzie :) That is lovely!

Please give Steve my wishes for an easy surgery and speedy recovery! :flowers:

Thanks so much to you too LP, lovely of you guys for thinking of me and my Steve :)

We are heading of in about 20 minutes :)

It has been a very warm night and Steve has really bad hayfever, so he is not feeling the best, extremely dry throat and of course he cant drink any water, the poor thing :(

I am feeling like a zombie...only had about 5 hours sleep :rolleyes:

It is only a day surgery...but depending on how it goes he may have to stay overnight...lets hope I can go and collect him later this afternoon :)

Both of YOU STOP it now!!! I know it's hard and if you love chocolate welll. I Don't like it all that much, but Breads Italian cibatta, French and sour dough I could eat a whole half loaf. Snip, DH needs to be told. He loves you and you owe him to be honest about this. Don't you think so PF?
How would you feel if he hid a medical problem from YOU? So think about it and give him the news and see what he says.
kades (ma)

:LOL: I think if I every blog or write a book about my chronic pain I am going to call it "my backache is a 2 but my paper cut is a 10!" I have such a high tolerance level and have learned all these ways to manage all sorts of pain but I got a little cut under my fingernail and I was almost crying like a baby! :( Weird!

Both of YOU STOP it now!!! I know it's hard and if you love chocolate welll. I Don't like it all that much, but Breads Italian cibatta, French and sour dough I could eat a whole half loaf. Snip, DH needs to be told. He loves you and you owe him to be honest about this. Don't you think so PF?
How would you feel if he hid a medical problem from YOU? So think about it and give him the news and see what he says.
kades (ma)

Snip, I agree with Kades. You need to tell him. My DH worries more when I don't tell him what is wrong because he can tell there is something but is afraid to ask. I am sure he will feel bad that he has been bringing you treats once he knows.

Back
Top Bottom