"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2019, 06:26 PM   #31011
Executive Chef

Beautiful, no wind day so we took a little road trip, antique shopping..

I found a small (6") Angel Food Cake pan..

Have to find my small batch angel food cake recipe..

Ross

Old 03-17-2019, 09:28 PM   #31012
Certified Cake Maniac

Working on Income Tax and forms for the disability credit. I have been stalling on that one because it puts me in a category that I haven't always been able to face. But we could use it and to be honest, I really do need help. With the tax credit, we can get my home care aid back and for more hours.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:34 PM   #31013
Master Chef

Where's buckytom? I'm going through withdrawal.

CD
Old 03-17-2019, 11:22 PM   #31014
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Where's buckytom? I'm going through withdrawal.

CD
When I came back the other day I thought I saw a note that he was leaving. Knowing Tom, it may be awhile and it may be a few days but he will be back.

He always comes back.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:13 AM   #31015
Head Chef

I'm catching up on my sleep.

My oil light in my car had been going off and on and when I went to get the trailer, I checked the oil on the way and while I had a hard time reading the dip stick, I decided to put a few quarts in.

Last Thursday I went to pick up a cheap dollhouse (I can put it on eBay for double the price) and the oil light was going on again. I checked the dipstick, the oil still looked low, so I put another quart in. Then coming home, the oil light went on again.

So now I decided to stop by my mechanic on the way home to make sure I really need oil because this has got me suspicious. He looks at the oil and tells me I'm way overfilled on it. Then to his credit, he manages not to laugh when I point out the dipstick I've been checking: my transmission fluid.

Yeah, no, I don't think I'm going to live this one down soon.

So between going to bed at 5am and having to get up at the crack of dawn first to go get the dollhouse, then I had to get up to be at Jiffy Lube at 8am on Friday morning to get some oil drained. And I couldn't sleep for the rest of the day Friday or Friday night. I don't know why.

But the good news is I finally got some sleep yesterday and last night. And I'm finally going to bed early tonight because tomorrow I need to finally transfer that trailer over to my name, hit the grocery store, pick up my prescription, and do laundry. I won't have time for naps tomorrow.

------------------------
I cook because my pots and pans are the closest thing to a chemistry experiment that I have. So far I haven't blown up the kitchen!
rodentraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:33 PM   #31016
Master Chef

It's 9:30PM here, and I'm heading for the recliner. *yawn*

Tyler is on spring break from school this week and will be here at 7 tomorrow morning. I made a batch of pancakes this evening. It's a thing here when he comes over early. I'd rather make them ahead of time, then all I have to do is reheat them in the morning. And yes, 7AM is early to me . I may be up, but I don't want to do much in the kitchen that early except pour a cup of coffee.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:52 PM   #31017
Master Chef

....getting caught up with online stuff. The whole town has been without internet for 2-3 days. Evidently a fiber optic line to a cell tower was cut, at least that's what 'they're' saying. Fortunately I was one of the ones who still had cell phone and land line service, but many others didn't. 911 calls were iffy at best and being re-routed to another number. Yikes. Ya never know how much you depend on internet and cell/phone service until you're without it.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:37 PM   #31018
Assistant Cook

It's 2.36pm Monday arvo here and i am just about to prep dinner, just folded and put the washing away, been a pretty lazy day, busy day tomorrow
foodlover10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:30 PM   #31019
Chef Extraordinaire

The continuing saga of me vs the sewing machine...

I'm giving up. Himself hasn't checked it out yet, but I don't know if he can get the leg back on the cabinet.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190325_182209222.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	34175

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you. ~ BB King
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:39 AM   #31020
Chef Extraordinaire

Today is the day!!! I am going to be fitted for my new leg. My appointment is at one p.m. And I am so nervous. I keep hoping and praying it all comes out right.