"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #3101
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Well, am back home finally from driving allover the countryside for doctor and dentist.

Doctor has put me on a third antibiotic and has ordered a boatload of lab tests. She thinks there is something underlying causing all these infections, stones, etc.

Dentist was for cleaning and a root canal. It went well - using my techniques from the pain program sure helped sitting in that chair for 3 hours! They said I fell asleep for a few minutes and even snored! Good thing they had a bite block in my mouth

I am not doing too bad tonight other than being tired. And (drumroll please) I am actually hungry!
Hopefully they will get to the bottom of things with all those tests. Take care!

Old 05-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #3102
Senior Cook

Hoping to be able to log on here but probably not so much for a week or so. Got a 6 day stretch without a day off & some 12 and 16 hour shifts thrown in. Happy cooking all. I will miss your delicious posts, but gotta work to eat.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #3103
Chef Extraordinaire

I have been on Gabapentin for a number of years now. It is a drug that is used for pain and seizures. I was put on it for my leg before I had the graft surgery and the wound was wide open. If the word "seizure" wasn't there, I would have no problem taking this drug. It is a life saver when my leg wants to act up. It is worse than restless leg syndrome. My leg starts to jerk all over the place and not good thing when you are walking. So, brilliant me, I decide to wean myself off and see if I can't control my leg with just my mind and will power. Can you say Stupid Idiot?

So I was about 48 hours without taking the drug. I think I left my mind with the untaken pills. From here on in, I don't care what label is attached to this drug. I will not be missing any more doses. I woke up in such pain and my leg going on me. I could not get it under control with my mind or will power. So much for that bright idea. If I come up with any more, I will pass them on, and one of you can try it out for me.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #3104
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
So glad to see you wanting to eat honey. Please take care and know I love you. I've been thinking of you and worried about your health. Are things easing a bit with the pain management ?
hugs,
ma
Yes, Ma, I know you love me and it means the world! I am getting a lot from the pain management classes. We only have three left and tomorrow afternoon is my discharge plan meeting. I am working on it tonight - all the steps I am going to take and what safeguards are in place if I have a flare up or can't handle the plan for other reasons. I am actually having fun with it - it is exciting to know that with just a few decisions and commitments I can live a fairly normal life despite my pain.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:56 AM   #3105
Master Chef

I am heading to the farmers market in search of Memorial Day pots for the various cemeteries.

This year the timing is perfect, I can get in early to spend a few minutes with my dead relatives and miss the living ones!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #3106
Certified Cake Maniac

I am getting ready to head to my pain program. Today is my discharge interview (then just 2 more sessions next week) and I think I have gotten everything ready for that. I am starting to feel like it is making a difference in my life. I will never be without the pain and some forms of it will only get worse, but I know I can handle it now and still have a great quality of life.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #3107
Sous Chef

It's my birthday today, so I'm relaxing before work. Then a friend is coming to play some guitar hero
Old 05-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #3108
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68
It's my birthday today, so I'm relaxing before work. Then a friend is coming to play some guitar hero
Happy Birthday, Skittle!
Old 05-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #3109
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Yes, Ma, I know you love me and it means the world! I am getting a lot from the pain management classes. We only have three left and tomorrow afternoon is my discharge plan meeting. I am working on it tonight - all the steps I am going to take and what safeguards are in place if I have a flare up or can't handle the plan for other reasons. I am actually having fun with it - it is exciting to know that with just a few decisions and commitments I can live a fairly normal life despite my pain.
I'm so glad this is working for you LP. This is what you've needed for a long time. Thanks to be it has come to you. Enjoy it, hold it close and it will be for your good. Yippeee.
Go for it girl.
ma
Old 05-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #3110
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68
Happy Birthday Skittle!