What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Both of YOU STOP it now!!! I know it's hard and if you love chocolate welll. I Don't like it all that much, but Breads Italian cibatta, French and sour dough I could eat a whole half loaf. Snip, DH needs to be told. He loves you and you owe him to be honest about this. Don't you think so PF?
How would you feel if he hid a medical problem from YOU? So think about it and give him the news and see what he says.
kades (ma)

I agree, Ma. Snip tell DH about your Diabetes. It's important that he know and he can help you with adjusting your diet.

Thank you Taxy and DL :)

I took Steve to the hospital and sat with him for 30 minutes in the waiting room. The nurse then took him to another waiting room, so I then had to leave. His surgery is booked for 9am...so he should be in there now...I am so thinking of him :)

I took Steve to the hospital and sat with him for 30 minutes in the waiting room. The nurse then took him to another waiting room, so I then had to leave. His surgery is booked for 9am...so he should be in there now...I am so thinking of him :)
Kylie,
please know Steve has my good thoughts, and wishes.
kades (ma)

Hang in there. We are all pulling for him and you. :angel: And one for him. :angel:

Thank you Kades and Addie :)

I have phoned the hospital a couple of times and The second time I was told he was out of surgery. He is in the first recovery room and then they will be moving him to the second recovery section.

He has to be there for awhile, so I probably can't collect him for another couple of hours, I am pleased that the surgery went well :)

Passed dish duty off on everybody else tonight.
Decided gaming would be more fun.

Just d/l off of Amazon Jeff Lynne's newest Cd. He's released 2 this month. Long Wave, bought The Very best Of ELO 2012. He did a great job remaking the originals they sound so much clearer/ clean on my stereo. Really like Long Wave. One of my sons did to. Enough so, that little tightwad parted with his own money and buy his own. It has a lot of oldies but goodies. Well worth the decade to get.

I have been back to the hospital and they said that Steve has to stay in overnight!

He has his own room which is great! He looked so tired and worn out the poor thing...it was quite a big operation really and he is going to have to take it easy for the first couple of weeks he has been told..and he has to have 10 days off work

He has to stay overnight with these pad coverings on his legs and a machine draining fluid I think it is, it is to stop blood clots, he has to have them on overnight and also they want to monitor him as he had quite a few gall stones in the gallbladder so the surgery took a lot longer than they expected.

I was feeding Steve water through a straw the whole time I was there...he was so thirsty and the male nurse kept coming in, he was really nice.

I left after about an hour as Steve was looking very tired and I wanted him to rest. They have given him lots of morphine...actually into his stomach and other pain killers too, I think he is going to have to do nothing but rest for a fair time!

I said I will go back tonight after I have had my tea as visiting times stop at 8pm, but he wants me to relax at home and he said he will just be sleeping on and off anyway...I will phone the hospital at about 6pm and see how he is going

It will feel weird tonight, as I have never really not had Steve home with me all night...I dont really like being home on my own at night...spooky :LOL:

Kylie, you have answered my question about Steve coming home from the other thread.

I totally understand about feeling uncomfortable without him there. When Tony had to do overnight shifts at the care home, I wouldn't sleep at all. And even right now I am waiting for his call that he is on his way (it is 11:12 pm here and he finishes around 11 depending on when and where he drops off his last passenger.

Just remember that he is in good hands and that he is with you in his heart. Think about how nice it will be to get him tomorrow and look after him. It will be okay, I promise :)

Kylie, I am not surprised that they kept him overnight. He is going to be fine.

From a "too many times" surgical patient, sometimes it is exhausting having company when you are in pain. The patient feels like they have to entertain the visitor. When you go tomorrow, bring something to read. That way he can just drift off to sleep if he feels the need. And if you are expecting him to go home with you, then bring clothing that he can slip into with some ease. (You may have to dress him.) Preferably sweat pants that tie. A front button shirt. Not over the head. He won't want to put a belt on. The strings he can adjust for comfort. Raising his hands over his head to slip on a polo type shirt could be painful.

When you get him home, if he wants to rest, let him. If he feels like walking to the bathroom, let him. Let his body tell him what he can do and what he can't. (For the first day, you may have to help him in the bathroom.) And for his diet, the hospital will give you written instructions. they will also give you instructions for his home care.

Relax. You get to keep him as your side for ten whole days. :angel:

My best wishes for Steve's recovery too. Hope he gets well really soon!

I just sent off my notification of my $7 increase in my rent to food stamps. I should hear from them in a week.

While I was downstairs at the mailbox, I opened the door to see what it was like outside. Lookiing out, it seem nice. Sun shining, and then I looked at the trees. The wind is really blowing. And it is cold out. Heavy winter coat cold. At least for me. I have a faux fur coat and I look like a snow leopard in it. If I put the hood up all the way, it comes down over my face. All I can see is the ground. But that coat is so warm. And it is reversible for rain. I have never turned it over to the other side. And the best part, it is washable. It says to dry clean, but no cleaner will touch it. So I gave it to my daughter and she put it on gentle cycle. It came out just like new. This will be my fifth winter with it. And it shows no sign of wear. :angel:

Good morning everyone :)

Thank you so much LP, Addie, Snip and Purple, your caring means a lot to me :)

Well I got through the night OK!

Woke up a fair few times, so a bit of a restless sleep, feel a bit out of it this morning, but at least I got some sleep!

I was then pleasantly awoken this morning by a phone call from my Steve...he was phoning to see how I was, that is so caring :)

He too did not have the best sleep and cant wait to get home

I am waiting for the call...hopefully it is around 10am, cant wait to bring him home!

This morning I must go out and do the grocery shopping, a day earlier but I want to be home over the next week to look after my english patient

Hope everyone is having a lovely day/night :)

Sitting in the doctor's office waiting for the doc to come in. All I need is a antibiotic script for a UTI. I must have never had a UTI before. Haven't had this kind of pain before. Here he comes. Gotta go.

Home, not feeling well, going to bed early I think. Just general ickiness, most likely sleep will take care of it.

Sitting here getting po'd at our local TV stations. They are covering the stupid quake like it was 1906 in San Fransisco. Geeeesh! :angel:

Trying to figure out how to break it to DH that I bought 4 new cake tutorials "on sale" when I promised I would keep my internet purchases to a minimum! :ermm:

Um well, you see dear, um well.....:wacko:

I can't even bribe him with cake! :(

Back
Top Bottom