What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trying to figure out how to break it to DH that I bought 4 new cake tutorials "on sale" when I promised I would keep my internet purchases to a minimum! :ermm:

Um well, you see dear, um well.....:wacko:

I can't even bribe him with cake! :(

Okay, it was only three :angel:

I talked Shrek into letting me buy myself a birthday present...a 10th Anniversary Firefly Poster...now I need a frame for it.

Just sitting in my recliner with the Presidential Debate on the t.v. in the background.

When Mt. St. Helens blew her top in May of 1980 I was living in Tacoma with my youngest son. It was a Sunday morning. The local PBS used to show programming for older kids all day. Of course all the stations covered it. All day Sunday, all day Monday, and most of Tuesday. You couldn't go outside. The ash when the wind was just right, blew right under your door, on your hair, into your mouth, etc. So you stayed in and turned on the radio. You couldn't go out, nothing on TV except the mountain, and now even the radio. Eastern Washington got the worst of it. Then Weyhauser started to harvest the logs that got blown down from the blast. Here we go again. Only this time it was Tacoma that got the worst of it. The logs were covered in ash. It was reported every night on the news how the ash was being blown off the logs as they traveled along Pacific Avenue on the way to the mill. Right through residential areas. When the quake hit and my house split in half, I decided to come home. I had anough. :angel:

Right now I don't know what I'm doing. No, not that bad, but my dog had a seizure Monday night. I went to the doc yesterday. Today I'm just hoping to put my feet up and pretend the past day or two didn't happen! No, I'm just kidding. Right now I'm reading this and thinking of hoping to get acouple hours of sleep. Insomnia, what can you do?

Right now I don't know what I'm doing. No, not that bad, but my dog had a seizure Monday night. I went to the doc yesterday. Today I'm just hoping to put my feet up and pretend the past day or two didn't happen! No, I'm just kidding. Right now I'm reading this and thinking of hoping to get acouple hours of sleep. Insomnia, what can you do?
How's doggie? I hope today is a great day with a great nap.

Read your post too fast, almost thought you had a seizure:ohmy:
Hope doggy's ok?

Ummmm, taxlady, that sounds lovely.

Right now I'm in the throes of getting meals, etc. organized for when I have my right knee replaced early next month.

So far, I've made and frozen a dozen entrees and have the ingredients ready for three more. That should take care of all we'll need initially, along with whatever friends and family bring.

The meals have been easy because I've just been making a little more each dinner and set aside half for the freezer.

Everything's labeled and a sheet with each meal listed is posted on the freezer for easy reference.

What I have to turn my attention to next are breads and some sort of freezable desserts. Glenn LOVES homemade bread and his sweet tooth needs feeding from time to time.:)

In a few minutes I think I'm going to take my audio player and head to the hammock on the back porch to relax a bit and listen to my current book. Today's too lovely a day to waste it spending much time inside.

It all started last March. I went for my yearly eye exam. They found that the cataracts were ripe and ready for surgery. After one disaster after another, I still have them. And no surgery.

Well I got a phone call this morning. They are going back to square one. I got clearance from my cardio doc and start the process again on the 25th.

Problem No. one solved. Lets see how far it goes this time. On to problem No. two. Since I stopped working, I was getting most of my office supplies from my daughter. Mostly a package of paper. One would last me about six months or so. I just fed the last of what I had on hand into the printer. Daughter is not working. Looks like I will have to buy my own paper. Staples here I come.

I wish Indian Summer would make up its mind. One day it is hot, then next, cold enough for a winter coat. this is the time of year when you don't know how to dress. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom