What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It all started last March. I went for my yearly eye exam. They found that the cataracts were ripe and ready for surgery. After one disaster after another, I still have them. And no surgery.

Well I got a phone call this morning. They are going back to square one. I got clearance from my cardio doc and start the process again on the 25th.

Problem No. one solved. Lets see how far it goes this time. On to problem No. two. Since I stopped working, I was getting most of my office supplies from my daughter. Mostly a package of paper. One would last me about six months or so. I just fed the last of what I had on hand into the printer. Daughter is not working. Looks like I will have to buy my own paper. Staples here I come.

I wish Indian Summer would make up its mind. One day it is hot, then next, cold enough for a winter coat. this is the time of year when you don't know how to dress. :angel:

Hope you get some good luck soon and your health improves!
Know the feeling, maybe we should use some of those staples to mend our bits that are falling apart :LOL:
As they say, life is what happens while you're busy making other plans!
It's getting a bit late here but I'm too scared too sleep. Still peeing backwards and having long conversations with that big white telephone in the bathroom. TMI I know :ROFLMAO:
What can I say, the word shy does not exist in my vocabulary
Hugs!

Morning guys :)

Well, Steve is still in hospital :ermm:

The doctor did not end up coming around to see Steve late yesterday afternoon as he was meant to the nurse passed on a message to Steve saying that the doctor said he is to stay in overnight again!

They must have their reasons but the doctor should have come to see Steve!

I spent a few hours with him last night, took in his Kindle and his mp3 player...also the newspaper, anything to take the boredom away for him. He feels quite alright, not drowsy, quite with it...he just phoned me and said he had the most terrible sleep...he just couldnt sleep and wants to come home.

I have told him to demand to see the doctor this morning, as he is entitled to...and to get that drainage pipe out of his stomach..as it has stopped draining..it had stopped yesterday afternoon and if the doctor came to see Steve then, he would have seen that and taken it out...it has stayed in longer than necessary even the nurses agreed it should come out!
I cant get in till 11am when it is visiting hours, the doctors are meant to see patients starting at 10am...so if a doctor has not seen Steve by the time I get there..I will be making sure he sees one...I am so angry with this and will be taking it further!

I so want Steve to be able to come home and have a lovely sleep in our own bed!

I did manage to get a better sleep last night, but still feel yuk...so need to catch on on all the lack of sleep over the last few nights

So sorry to hear that, Kylie. Sounds like it's more for the doc's convenience than Steve's comfort. I would raise some hell too! Hope you both can get some good sleep, and Steve comes home soon!

Last edited:
Thanks guys :)

I phoned Steve about an hour ago, I asked if he had been given breakfast yet...as they forgot him yesterday and I had to make sure he got something to eat...at 11.30am mind you :rolleyes:

I so hope the doctor comes to see Steve at 10am this morning!

Thank you Chopper :)

Great news...Steve just rang and the doctor has been, removed the draining pipe and he is being discharged YAY :) :)

So I am heading out now to go and get him and bring him home :)

Thank you everyone for all your support, it means a lot to me :)

Steve is all rugged up on the recliner and is fast asleep, bless him :)

He has had his tablets, a nice cup of tea and a light lunch and he will have a lovely hot shower before tea...I am so happy to have him home!

I will look after him well ;)

He has been given the rest of this week and all of next week off work, that is good, lots of time to recover :)

I think I like our visiting hours better. Family can stay around the clock if they so choose. Cancer patients get even more benefits. And family does not have to leave the room if they can tolerate it while the medical staff is doing a procedure. Me? I love the blood and gore. I even like to watch when they are doing it to me. :angel:

I think I like our visiting hours better. Family can stay around the clock if they so choose. Cancer patients get even more benefits. And family does not have to leave the room if they can tolerate it while the medical staff is doing a procedure. Me? I love the blood and gore. I even like to watch when they are doing it to me. :angel:
I don't think we have "visiting hours" here in Quebec any more, or Ontario.

I don't just like to watch what they are doing to me, I insist on it. No fiddling round with my bits if I can't see what you are doing. :LOL: (No tent when I get a gyny exam, I know TMI).

Thank you everyone for all your support, it means a lot to me :)

Steve is all rugged up on the recliner and is fast asleep, bless him :)

He has had his tablets, a nice cup of tea and a light lunch and he will have a lovely hot shower before tea...I am so happy to have him home!

I will look after him well ;)

He has been given the rest of this week and all of next week off work, that is good, lots of time to recover :)
Glad he is home and in your care. Things will be better for both of you now.. Take care rest easy and just snuggle a little.
kades

Kylie, just be aware of that "three o;clock wall". You will be in the middle of a sentence and he will doze off to sleep. Next thing you know, you will be talking to yourself. :angel:

Thank you so much everyone :)

Addie...that is so funny...I know about the "wall" you are talking about...I was chatting to Steve yesterday on the lounge and his eyes were shutting...he was trying to keep them open, then next thing he is asleep and yes, I was there talking away :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

We had a bit of a restless night, but we got through :)

I am just about to take a cup of tea in for the patient ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom