What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snip 13 said:
:ROFLMAO:
They can have mine too :LOL:
Know anyone that's collecting husbands? :angel:

:ROFLMAO: I'll send mine along too. No need for a replacement.

I'm mucking out the sun room and doing laundry, need to scrounge up some lunch.

Last edited:
Exactly. But it was big and loose and just made me feel smothered. I remember I could never sleep on flannel sheets either.

Sometimes I like flannel sheets. I just have to be in the mood for a certain type of "snuggle."

However, flannel sheets and flannel sleepwear don't mix. There is no possibility for "slippage," if you understand what I mean. I went to bed, on flannel sheets, one time wearing a flannel nightgown. Couldn't turn over well for love nor money and wound up winding myself up tight. I practically mummified myself that time. Haven't combined the two since.

Katie H said:
Sometimes I like flannel sheets. I just have to be in the mood for a certain type of "snuggle."

However, flannel sheets and flannel sleepwear don't mix. There is no possibility for "slippage," if you understand what I mean. I went to bed, on flannel sheets, one time wearing a flannel nightgown. Couldn't turn over well for love nor money and wound up winding myself up tight. I practically mummified myself that time. Haven't combined the two since.

:LOL: Like sleeping with both sides of velcro!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Oh what a mental picture this conjures up. :angel:

LOL! I did the same thing. I ended up pulling my arms inside and just turned back and forth inside the nightgown.

:ROFLMAO: I'll send mine along too. No need for a replacement.

I'm mucking out the sun room and doing laundry, need to scrounge up some lunch.

you girls seem entirely too quick and eager to dispose of your mates. that makes me a bit suspicious of this deal. do theses guys possess any special skills, or come with a warranty of some kind? do you accept returns, cover the cost of shipping?

Good morning guys :)

Lovely sunny morning here today...had a great sleep and rearing to go :)

We are going to the shops to get a few things this morning...also we are buying a new griddle pan...one with the non stick coating which I prefer...the one we have now is a cast iron one, it is too heavy and I am sick of all the cleaning involved :rolleyes:

Are you sayinig they quack you up? :angel:

Well, yes, Addie. That would be the case usually. :) But today not so much. There was a big turnout for Oktoberfest, and I did get my bratwurst & sauerkraut sandwich. While I was eating in the picnic table tent, the folks set up a small band and began to play. Couples got up to dance and everyone looked happy. But my eyes began to fill with tears as I recalled my late wonderful stepdad of German heritage, who played polkas for us kids on his accordion and loved his pretzels & beer. If I had gotten a beer (but I was driving), I would have been crying into it. Rather than make a spectacle of myself, I just left early. No chicken dance this time.

Oh my, that sounds like the time I slept on a memory foam mattress. It was comfy, at first, but I couldn't turn over or even move a little. It was at my MIL's. She returned the mattress. She hated it.

I had a wonderful day with my mom today she came into town yesterday afternoon. She came down for our daughter's piano recital on Sunday. We went to the craft fair up at church, then got some shopping done & went out for lunch. Dh had to work & the daughter was at a sleepover. Enjoying just kicking back on the couch now.

Oh my, that sounds like the time I slept on a memory foam mattress. It was comfy, at first, but I couldn't turn over or even move a little. It was at my MIL's. She returned the mattress. She hated it.
I tried one of those memory foam mattereses once & it made me know what a fly feels like stuck on flypaper, you can't hardly turn over.

simonbaker said:
I had a wonderful day with my mom today she came into town yesterday afternoon. She came down for our daughter's piano recital on Sunday. We went to the craft fair up at church, then got some shopping done & went out for lunch. Dh had to work & the daughter was at a sleepover. Enjoying just kicking back on the couch now.

So wonderful to hear you enjoyed your time with your mom. I miss my mom so much and it is memories of spending time with her that comfort me. Cherish those fun times.

Today Steve and I have been hitting the shops :)

We bought a lot more than we thought we were going to buy :LOL:

We bought 3 new frypans, 3 different sizes, all Gabriel Gate ones, they are the most solid and best ones we have ever used!

We also bought a Jamie Oliver (Tefal) grill pan, a lovely non stick one!

Also a new Tontine Summer Quilt :)

We then went to a fish shop and bought some atlantic salmon, red snapper, mullet fillets, whiting fillets, cod fillets and some prawns :)

We are introducing a lot more fish into our diet!

Have not been home long, been relaxing out in the garden, in the sun having some cinnamon coffee after our retail therapy :)

Back
Top Bottom