"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #3201
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I'm trying to talk myself out of or into tackling 30 yards of fabric that was delivered yesterday. It's some I ordered from fabric.com to make window treatments for my studio. I stumbled across this site a couple of years ago when I was looking for fabric to make a dozen napkins for a holiday meal. Their prices and selection are both better than anything I can find here, plus after $35 shipping is free, so are returns, and no tax is charged for my state. And...instead of getting 36-inch yards, they measure fabric at 37 inches. On my 30 yard order, I received nearly a whole yard at no cost. Yeah!!!!

I'm excited about it and I'm not sure I should start such a huge project right now. But....the fabric is awesomely beautiful and I love it and can't wait to see it up on the windows. When I saw it, I just fell in love with it and, best of all, it was only $3.50 per yard. It's a Robert Allen, which I knew would be good quality and I wasn't disappointed. The colors, for real, are a little more subdued. Not quite as vivid as in the link.

Click on this link, then click on "enlarge image" to see the fabric. It's full of super colors and it will be nice and cheerful during the dreary months.

One window span is over 10' and there are two others that are about 4' each. That much area can eat up fabric fast and I ordered extra so I can make matching covers for my sewing machine and other equipment.

Once I get everything finished, Glenn won't be able to get me out of there.

Oops! I think I've talked myself into the project. Well, maybe a sewing machine cover or three.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #3202
Certified Cake Maniac

Katie, the link took me to a home page with lots of fabrics and I couldn't see where to "enlarge image". But all their stuff looks really colourful and fun!

I am happy for you that you have your studio!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #3203
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Katie, the link took me to a home page with lots of fabrics and I couldn't see where to "enlarge image". But all their stuff looks really colourful and fun!

I am happy for you that you have your studio!
That's strange because every time I click on it, it goes right to the page of the fabric I selected.

If you're still interested, just search for Robert Allen Jacquard Damask Carlana Jewel.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #3204
Chef Extraordinaire

Katie, what a great site. Everything is so colorful. It amkes you wnat to do projects. Good luck with your studio.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #3205
Executive Chef

Getting ready to grind the remaining whitetail venison from this past winter and looking forward to receiving a large bifold Saddleback brand wallet. My 30+ year old wallet which cost about $5 was long overdue for replacement. Including shipping, I paid $65 for the new wallet. Got sucked into buying it after reading a recent A.G. Russell catalog.
I'm afraid cash will be banned before the new wallet wears out.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #3206
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplainbill View Post
Getting ready to grind the remaining whitetail venison from this past winter and looking forward to receiving a large bifold Saddleback brand wallet. My 30+ year old wallet which cost about $5 was long overdue for replacement. Including shipping, I paid $65 for the new wallet. Got sucked into buying it after reading a recent A.G. Russell catalog.
I'm afraid cash will be banned before the new wallet wears out.
You probably don't have to worry about that (no more paper money) if it works out anything like the "paperless office" that they bragged/warned about a few years back.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #3207
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Justplainbill's post inspired me to do a bit of net searching for a wallet for Stirling. He has some pretty stringent requirements and we haven't been able to find anything that meets all of them.

I can't believe anyone makes a wallet with only three credit card slots nowadays. I have 14 cards before I start counting the credit cards. That doesn't count the two library cards I want to have again.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #3208
Chef Extraordinaire

So the PT worker and the mechanic just left with my new scooter. It is a bit bigger and goes a lot faster than my present one. It will take some adjusting to. But I love it. It has all the bells and whistles. Even a headlight and backup lights for going out to the store at night. I LOVE it. It takes a lot to get me excited about something. I tend to stand back and look at something with a critical eye first. My present one has been outlawed by Medicare as unfit for nighttime use. And it has too many hazards for safe use. My coat was always getting caught on the controls and it would take off on me. I am doing a happy dance!!! I may just burst into singing Latin hymns. My choir.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #3209
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Justplainbill's post inspired me to do a bit of net searching for a wallet for Stirling. He has some pretty stringent requirements and we haven't been able to find anything that meets all of them.

I can't believe anyone makes a wallet with only three credit card slots nowadays. I have 14 cards before I start counting the credit cards. That doesn't count the two library cards I want to have again.
I've never made a purchase to this company but they warranty the wallets for 100 years!
Maybe something here? Leather Wallets, Passports and Business Card Holders
Old 06-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #3210
Chef Extraordinaire

100 Year warranty? Now that is impressive. I stop carring a wallet years ago. Just one less thing I had to carry in my purse. I have a somewhat small Coach purse that I received as a gift. It has so many zippers (too many) in it, that it serves as a wallet in itself. When I first received it, I wasn't too impressed. "I can't fit anything in that." I have to carry my nitro, inhaler and a few other things with me at all times. Everything fits just fine, as I found out. There is a place for my cards. I never carry my credit cards with me unless I know I am going to use them. Then only the one I will be using.

Good luck on finding just the right wallet. They look so professional.