What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want to hear all about the home cured bacon. Do you have any photos?
It's a w.i.p. that started when my wife bought me a small piece (1 kg) of pork belly for my birthday. The dry rub consisted of 5 Tbsp. Morton's smoke flavored sugar cure + 3 Tbsp. brown sugar. Because this sugar cure contains sodium nitrate but no sodium nitrite, the curing process takes longer (7 days per inch) than one using a rub containing sodium nitrite. Hope to be able to report back on the results in a week or two.

I have had a wonderful sleep :)

Today we are finally having a day at home, we have been out and about everyday this week doing one thing or another

I will catch up on some cross stitch today :)

We ended up going out after all LOL!

We have bought another tablet, this time instead of an Apple iPad we bought an Android Nexus 7 :)

It is so cool...a bit smaller than the iPad which I like and we got it at a good price, $269.00 :)

I'm relaxing with some akvavit after a day that just wouldn't go right. I had a deadline for a client that should have been no sweat. I got a visual migraine, the printer jammed and fought with me, I drove right past the clients apartment building - I didn't recognize it in the dark,...

Just got done taking the sheets down off the wash lines. Oh my goodness they smell so fresh. The temps were only in the 40's but the sun was out and there was a nice breeze.

Trying to decide what to do today...laundry, de-clutter the kitchen or go through dresser drawers and fill a bag for Goodwill.

I am waiting for the doctor's office to call with results from my blood test.

I spent a wonderful hour, thanks to the song title game, checking out YouTube videos and Wikipedia notes on bands of my youth - Steely Dan, Eagles, etc. It is great that my pain and depression are under control enough that I can enjoy simple pleasures like this. Music has always been a big part of my life! :)

Now it is time to start lunch (our dinner) before TB gets ready for work. It is his last day at a care home, a job he has had for four years. He has been driving bus for almost 2 years but stayed on one day a week at the care home to help them out and because he loves the 4 residents there. But it is taking a toll on him and they finally have more help so it is time to say goodbye. We have promised to visit and go to their special events when we can.

same stuff, different day. half done chores abound. i take the day off way to often.

Hang in there babe. I have been going through a lot of stuff lately and came to realize I need help. I can't handle life on my own anymore. Yesterday I received some good news and realized that just having one problem solved had made my day. I now know I can come out of this depression slowly. We all are hanging in there with you. It is good to hear from you. :angel:

I do wear night clothes...:angel: Something I can answer the door in if I have to.

I have some oversized T shirts that come down to my mid thigh. I often wear these around the house. Even answer the door. My prescription delivery guy isn't even shocked anymore. When he sees me completely dressed he will ask if I am going out and then give me a weather report. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom