What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My grandson who has been living in Paris for two years is home for a 2 week visit. I love how he can speak French now. My mothers grandparents came from France, so I told him that maybe helping him with the language. (-:

JoAnn, that is lovely for you, bet you are so enjoying having him home for awhile :) That is great that he can speak fluent French :)

This morning Steve and I are heading down to some markets for a look around :)

We will then be going to one of our fave pizzeria's on the way back for lunch...we will be having the Lamb Yiros pizza...it is to die for :yum:

Also dropping into the Cheesecake Shop to select and pre order mums birthday cake ;)

What a glorious spring day to do all this in too :)

I am watching the Rocky marathon MGMHD is broadcasting.
We are up to Rocky III.
I may just call it a wrap after this one, but since I know them all, it is good TV fare while cooking. I can see me making it into IV or V...

Had sudden ick take me over and laid down for a nap, still feeling peak-ed...I think I'll go back to bed. At least I don't have to worry about calling in sick...

Oh no! Feel better soon, PF!

Laundry seems to have filled most of my day today. Went for a walk with the dog, had to turn back as I was freezing. Layered up and then went for the full walk.

Where did Saturday go?

Last edited:
Happily considering how to make my Margaritas even better. The ones I make are better than any others I have tasted, but I wouldn't mind taking it up a notch. Why yes, we have been sampling Margaritas and yes, I am a bit in the zone. :) I hope to have some friends over for supper next Saturday and we will be doing some taste testing.

Had sudden ick take me over and laid down for a nap, still feeling peak-ed...I think I'll go back to bed. At least I don't have to worry about calling in sick...
Can I join you PF? Fell last night after stepping in a garbage pail for papers and things. My arm I broke got the worst in the shoulder and hurts like the dickens right now. I'm so glad my sis came to spend the weekend she has been a life savor. Boy I do hurt yeesh.
ma

Can I join you PF? Fell last night after stepping in a garbage pail for papers and things. My arm I broke got the worst in the shoulder and hurts like the dickens right now. I'm so glad my sis came to spend the weekend she has been a life savor. Boy I do hurt yeesh.
ma
Oh no! Have you got any pain meds? I'm sorry to hear that you are hurting.

ma

You have to be more careful, can't have you breaking anything again! A pain pill and get some rest! Hugs!

kadesma said:
ma

Eeks! Ma, hope you feel better soon! Gentle hugs!

Oh no! Have you got any pain meds? I'm sorry to hear that you are hurting.

You have to be more careful, can't have you breaking anything again! A pain pill and get some rest! Hugs!
Yes I have some pain meds and am waiting for one to kick in right now this is the pits. And as to rest My sis is seeing to that she is even fixing dinner and has fixed my back porch DH destroyed when I ws in the hospital. I can't believe I was so ill that was nasty I guess I just can't remember much tho and I guess that's good. Thanks for caring guys you make me feel great and loved.
ma

We have had a fabulous day!

First we drove down to the beach and walked along the jetty, bought a cone of hot chips and walked along the beach as well

Then we walked all up the main street of this beach suburb and looked through some shops, lovely little shops they have there!

We then drove to some markets nearby and had a good look around there :)

Then headed off to our fave pizzeria and had a lovely gourmet pizza for lunch and a nice big iced coffee YUM!!

Then looked around the shops near the pizzeria and bought my mum some birthday presents and some bits and pieces for ourselves and then home

It has been so lovely out in the sunshine, walking around, driving, looking through markets and smelling the fresh ocean air...fabulous day, we really enjoyed it :)

Sounds wonderful, Kylie!

I am trying to get ready for bed, but now with word of the earthquake and tsunami warnings I am concerned about friends and family. I am sure they are all right, and it will probably not be until morning that I can contact them, but the worry is still there.

We have had a fabulous day!

First we drove down to the beach and walked along the jetty, bought a cone of hot chips and walked along the beach as well

Then we walked all up the main street of this beach suburb and looked through some shops, lovely little shops they have there!

We then drove to some markets nearby and had a good look around there :)

Then headed off to our fave pizzeria and had a lovely gourmet pizza for lunch and a nice big iced coffee YUM!!

Then looked around the shops near the pizzeria and bought my mum some birthday presents and some bits and pieces for ourselves and then home

It has been so lovely out in the sunshine, walking around, driving, looking through markets and smelling the fresh ocean air...fabulous day, we really enjoyed it :)

Kylie, it sounds like you gave hubby some excellent care and loving. He is recovering just fine. :angel:

almost 6 AM....Drinkin' coffee, listenin' to it rain. readin' some of the posts here. Wish I had had time to take more pics at the rendezvous. Shucks, we didn't even dig a firepit. One day and night at a rendezvous just ain't enough time, although I reckon it's better than no rendezvous at all.

Sounds wonderful, Kylie!

I am trying to get ready for bed, but now with word of the earthquake and tsunami warnings I am concerned about friends and family. I am sure they are all right, and it will probably not be until morning that I can contact them, but the worry is still there.
That must have been worrying, though I Googled and found there were no tsunamis. Wow, that was an impressive quake - 7.1 or 7.7, depending on who you read. You must have felt it. Was it scary?

Are you going to fill in the info about feeling it? Earthquake Report (2012-10-27)

TL, I didn't even KNOW about it until Barbara and another friend asked my on Facebook if I felt it? We are way inland and south of the epicenter so were safe. I was able to find out that all family and friends even remotely in the area were all fine and only one friend in Tofino was temporarily evacuated!

I remember a quake about 10 years ago where I really felt it, but as I said this one I didn't even realize happened until hours later.

Back
Top Bottom