"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #3231
Certified Pretend Chef

We just got back from a wake for our grandson's great grandmother. He was outside when we arrived and wanted to take us inside. He announced, Come inside Grampy, there's a dead person in there.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #3232
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I busy tormenting everyone around me, because I can...

Old 06-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #3233
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60
I busy tormenting everyone around me, because I can...
Lol, I'm busy tormenting Rol and the cat, because I can. And because I'm bored. If I were still a kid I'd totally have either been sent to my room to clean it or shoved out the front door to play outside by now.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #3234
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
We just got back from a wake for our grandson's great grandmother. He was outside when we arrived and wanted to take us inside. He announced, Come inside Grampy, there's a dead person in there.
Art Linkletter nailed it when he said " kids say the darndest things!"

I think it is good for them to be a part of the happy and the sad events in life. I am always amazed at what makes an impression on them.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #3235
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea

Art Linkletter nailed it when he said " kids say the darndest things!"

I think it is good for them to be a part of the happy and the sad events in life. I am always amazed at what makes an impression on them.
+1

Waiting for the swarms to vacate the subdivision pool. We have a neighbor who invites his extended family to go swimming, and they never leave.

Thankfully, Kindle has a waterproof cover!
Old 06-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #3236
Executive Chef

Reading this thread! :D
Old 06-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #3237
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Lol, I'm busy tormenting Rol and the cat, because I can. And because I'm bored. If I were still a kid I'd totally have either been sent to my room to clean it or shoved out the front door to play outside by now.
Shrek just grabs a guitar and plugs it in to tune me out...
Old 06-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #3238
Head Chef

Toasted up thinly sliced whole wheat buns in the oven to use as crackers/chips.
Made some hummus with chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pecans.
Ate some,,,mmmmmm.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #3239
Chef Extraordinaire

Sitting here with my window wide open with the outside temps in the low 50's. There is a light breeze blowing into my apartment making it a bit chilly. So I have gotten my blanket out of the storage stool and put it back on my bed. I don't want to close the window. This apartment is getting a good airing out. My son showed up today and cleaned the front of the cabinets and the stove hood along with the outside of the fridge. What a difference. In turn he had a perfectly cooked really thick pork chop stuffed with mushrooms, onions, and garlic galore. It was accompanied with a baked sweet potato. I had to laugh. He left a couple of pieces of pork and half of the potato for me. I left it there and sure enough about a half hour later, he got up to do something and finished it off like I knew he would. He fell asleep in the reading chair and was snoring louder than the TV. I also took a short nap.
So now I will finish reading the rest of my DC mail and then climb back into my bed. I will turn off the computer for the night. Time to get a good rest.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #3240
Executive Chef

Finished polishing, washing, greasing, and putting into storage my fine #5 meat grinder plate. The coarse plate and cutter have been polished. I plan to wash, grease and reinstall the coarse plate and cutting blade tomorrow. I have to treat these parts with TLC because replacements are not available for the 50+ year old Oster Model 516.