"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #3261
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,380
Sitting here trying to avoid dealing with the beer bottle that froze and burst in the back of the fridge. I HATE when that happens.
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #3262
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Sitting here trying to avoid dealing with the beer bottle that froze and burst in the back of the fridge. I HATE when that happens.
Drink faster and more often. Problem solved.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #3263
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,884
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
i got back from a Participant Meeting of the health plan belong to. It was very productive. A lot of problems got addrressed.

I got up thinking today was my pre-op appointment. Instead it was for the meeting. Tomorrow is the pre-op appt. I have so many things scheduled on my calendar this month that keeping them straight is a nightmare. Different paper work for each.

My doctor needs to get me back on the glipizide fast. My sugars are just too high for my liking. Fortunately I have an appointment nex week with him.
Do you have calendar software? I use Google Calendar. I have it send me email reminders of my appointments. Google Calendar
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #3264
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Do you have calendar software? I use Google Calendar. I have it send me email reminders of my appointments. Google Calendar
Since I spend more time on the computer than I do looking at my wall calendar, it sounds like a good idea. Thanks.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #3265
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,884
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Since I spend more time on the computer than I do looking at my wall calendar, it sounds like a good idea. Thanks.
I hope it works well for you.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #3266
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Sitting here trying to avoid dealing with the beer bottle that froze and burst in the back of the fridge. I HATE when that happens.

What a pain in the neck! I bought this fridge with "Spill Catcher" shelves. However these "Spill Catcher" shelves don't do much good when the bottle explodes and the root beer runs down the back wall to all the other shelves where the items there are all sitting in brown sweet liquid.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #3267
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
What a pain in the neck! I bought this fridge with "Spill Catcher" shelves. However these "Spill Catcher" shelves don't do much good when the bottle explodes and the root beer runs down the back wall to all the other shelves where the items there are all sitting in brown sweet liquid.
My first question is why are bottle of liquids exploding in your fridge? Do you have it set for too cold? I try to keep up with cleaning the fridge with spot cleaning. Then about every six months, I take everything out and clean it from top to bottom. And that means wiping everything off that is going back into the fridge. It is a lot of work I admit, but has to be done. Spot cleaning doesn't always do the job. My sympathies are with you. I am sure cleaning the whole fridge was not in your plans for the day.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #3268
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
My first question is why are bottle of liquids exploding in your fridge? Do you have it set for too cold? I try to keep up with cleaning the fridge with spot cleaning. Then about every six months, I take everything out and clean it from top to bottom. And that means wiping everything off that is going back into the fridge. It is a lot of work I admit, but has to be done. Spot cleaning doesn't always do the job. My sympathies are with you. I am sure cleaning the whole fridge was not in your plans for the day.
The bottle was at the back of the top shelf and the fridge was probably set too high. I've turned it down a notch.

I clean my fridge regularly too. Even if I had cleaned it yesterday, it would have done no good. Based on evidence, the root beer bottle burst earlier this morning as I saw chunks of frozen root beer as I was cleaning.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #3269
Senior Cook
 
Bella99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
My first question is why are bottle of liquids exploding in your fridge? Do you have it set for too cold? I try to keep up with cleaning the fridge with spot cleaning. Then about every six months, I take everything out and clean it from top to bottom. And that means wiping everything off that is going back into the fridge. It is a lot of work I admit, but has to be done. Spot cleaning doesn't always do the job. My sympathies are with you. I am sure cleaning the whole fridge was not in your plans for the day.
I find this especially useful for finding those pesky outdated items that seem to hide behind everything, avoiding the garbage bag.
__________________
Bella99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #3270
Senior Cook
 
Bella99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 90
OH!

and i'm currently putting together a meal menu for my friends daycare. PB&J has gone OUT the door!
__________________

__________________
Bella99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.