"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #3261
Certified Pretend Chef

Sitting here trying to avoid dealing with the beer bottle that froze and burst in the back of the fridge. I HATE when that happens.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #3262
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Sitting here trying to avoid dealing with the beer bottle that froze and burst in the back of the fridge. I HATE when that happens.
Drink faster and more often. Problem solved.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #3263
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
i got back from a Participant Meeting of the health plan belong to. It was very productive. A lot of problems got addrressed.

I got up thinking today was my pre-op appointment. Instead it was for the meeting. Tomorrow is the pre-op appt. I have so many things scheduled on my calendar this month that keeping them straight is a nightmare. Different paper work for each.

My doctor needs to get me back on the glipizide fast. My sugars are just too high for my liking. Fortunately I have an appointment nex week with him.
Do you have calendar software? I use Google Calendar. I have it send me email reminders of my appointments. Google Calendar
Old 06-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #3264
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Do you have calendar software? I use Google Calendar. I have it send me email reminders of my appointments. Google Calendar
Since I spend more time on the computer than I do looking at my wall calendar, it sounds like a good idea. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #3265
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Since I spend more time on the computer than I do looking at my wall calendar, it sounds like a good idea. Thanks.
I hope it works well for you.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #3266
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:

What a pain in the neck! I bought this fridge with "Spill Catcher" shelves. However these "Spill Catcher" shelves don't do much good when the bottle explodes and the root beer runs down the back wall to all the other shelves where the items there are all sitting in brown sweet liquid.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #3267
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
What a pain in the neck! I bought this fridge with "Spill Catcher" shelves. However these "Spill Catcher" shelves don't do much good when the bottle explodes and the root beer runs down the back wall to all the other shelves where the items there are all sitting in brown sweet liquid.
My first question is why are bottle of liquids exploding in your fridge? Do you have it set for too cold? I try to keep up with cleaning the fridge with spot cleaning. Then about every six months, I take everything out and clean it from top to bottom. And that means wiping everything off that is going back into the fridge. It is a lot of work I admit, but has to be done. Spot cleaning doesn't always do the job. My sympathies are with you. I am sure cleaning the whole fridge was not in your plans for the day.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #3268
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
My first question is why are bottle of liquids exploding in your fridge? Do you have it set for too cold? I try to keep up with cleaning the fridge with spot cleaning. Then about every six months, I take everything out and clean it from top to bottom. And that means wiping everything off that is going back into the fridge. It is a lot of work I admit, but has to be done. Spot cleaning doesn't always do the job. My sympathies are with you. I am sure cleaning the whole fridge was not in your plans for the day.
The bottle was at the back of the top shelf and the fridge was probably set too high. I've turned it down a notch.

I clean my fridge regularly too. Even if I had cleaned it yesterday, it would have done no good. Based on evidence, the root beer bottle burst earlier this morning as I saw chunks of frozen root beer as I was cleaning.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #3269
Senior Cook

Quote:
I find this especially useful for finding those pesky outdated items that seem to hide behind everything, avoiding the garbage bag.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #3270
Senior Cook

OH!

and i'm currently putting together a meal menu for my friends daycare. PB&J has gone OUT the door!