What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a set up a service appointment (online outage report) for phone repair for monday. I just got a call from Verizon tech. She will be here in 20 minutes!! WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!! NEVER had them show up DAYS early. Always sit here waiting till long after they were supposed to show!

I had a set up a service appointment (online outage report) for phone repair for monday. I just got a call from Verizon tech. She will be here in 20 minutes!! WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!! NEVER had them show up DAYS early. Always sit here waiting till long after they were supposed to show!

WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOO is right. Wow. something is gooiing right for you and your. So glad to hear the good news. :angel: and one for you. :angel:

I passed out last night around 12 a.m. Woke up this morning somewhere around 9:30 a.m. and was horrified. Had to get dressed fast. No time for a shower. Had to wrap eight mini loaves and get them to the church real fast. My legs wanted to fall off me at that point. The stairs to the fair are short, but curving. Can I make it? Do I call for help? I made it. I need to just drop them off and get back for shower and get ready for daughter who is pickiing me up to go for a much needed haircut. Everybody had to say thank you and give me a hug. Made it out of there and back home. Jump in the shower, dress and downstairs just in time as daughter pulls up. Didn't even have time to take pain pills. Get back home. Feeling guilty. Head back to the church. Every year I buy at least one item at the fair. So I get a pair of cute gold Christmas bow earings, buy a $1 chance (didn't win) and buy a cup of coffee. I did my bit, head home. Oh no. Did I miss ATK? No. Just in time. But fell asleep at the very beginniing and slept through the first 15 minutes.

Legs still hurting, only more. It is my thigh muscles. It has something to do with my thyroid. Don't know what, but was told many years ago by a doctor. Have to remember to ask my doctor the next time I see him. I still have a lot of things I have to do. Empty the five trash baskets and put in new liners, do three loads of laundry, clean the bathroom, a sinkful of silverware, take pain pills, finish paying bills on line, clean the kitchen, on and on. All I have managed to do is take pain pills. Oh I forgot, get meats wrapped for the freezer, make a fresh pot of coffee. I think I am going to call Son #1 and ask for his help. Hate to, but have no choice. I am getting too old to have a plate this full. I am goiing to have him take the laundry downstairs to do the laundry. I have been saving quarters for just such a day. Then while he is waiting for that to be done he can do the trash for me. The rest I can do tomorrow after I have given my thighs a chance to recover. I am exhausted. :angel:
Busy busy rest up.

msmofet said:

Yay!!! So glad it's working out, MsM!

Sat up way too late last night, goofing off online. Woke up at 11, we did the quick shopping, played with puppies and kittens and back home. Just got done eating some leftover pasta, sauce and sausage. Now I don't want to move.

Even my teeth are tired...

Sat up way too late last night, goofing off online. Woke up at 11, we did the quick shopping, played with puppies and kittens and back home. Just got done eating some leftover pasta, sauce and sausage. Now I don't want to move.

Maybe take them out for a nap??:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We are back from Bunnings :)

We bought 2 big Tuscan pots, larger than the ones we already had, in forest green colour Also 3 bags of potting mix..but we only needed 2, good to have a spare bag though ;)

We also bought Harold Hoot which is an owl ornament and also it scares of pesky birds..it's eyes flash and it has a sensor..it goes Hoot Hoot when anything is near it We have trouble with blackbirds always digging around our plants and in the bark...drives us mad!!

We have repotted the Ficus and the Parlour Palm in their new pots, they look great!

Also bought some Cane Straw Mulch which we have laid out on top of our modular garden bed :)

Both have had lovely showers as it was stinking hot out there already, 30 degrees and we were sweating like anything...so nice and fresh now relaxing in the air conditioning with a coffee :)

I passed out last night around 12 a.m. Woke up this morning somewhere around 9:30 a.m. and was horrified. Had to get dressed fast. No time for a shower. Had to wrap eight mini loaves and get them to the church real fast. My legs wanted to fall off me at that point. The stairs to the fair are short, but curving. Can I make it? Do I call for help? I made it. I need to just drop them off and get back for shower and get ready for daughter who is pickiing me up to go for a much needed haircut. Everybody had to say thank you and give me a hug. Made it out of there and back home. Jump in the shower, dress and downstairs just in time as daughter pulls up. Didn't even have time to take pain pills. Get back home. Feeling guilty. Head back to the church. Every year I buy at least one item at the fair. So I get a pair of cute gold Christmas bow earings, buy a $1 chance (didn't win) and buy a cup of coffee. I did my bit, head home. Oh no. Did I miss ATK? No. Just in time. But fell asleep at the very beginniing and slept through the first 15 minutes.

Legs still hurting, only more. It is my thigh muscles. It has something to do with my thyroid. Don't know what, but was told many years ago by a doctor. Have to remember to ask my doctor the next time I see him. I still have a lot of things I have to do. Empty the five trash baskets and put in new liners, do three loads of laundry, clean the bathroom, a sinkful of silverware, take pain pills, finish paying bills on line, clean the kitchen, on and on. All I have managed to do is take pain pills. Oh I forgot, get meats wrapped for the freezer, make a fresh pot of coffee. I think I am going to call Son #1 and ask for his help. Hate to, but have no choice. I am getting too old to have a plate this full. I am goiing to have him take the laundry downstairs to do the laundry. I have been saving quarters for just such a day. Then while he is waiting for that to be done he can do the trash for me. The rest I can do tomorrow after I have given my thighs a chance to recover. I am exhausted. :angel:
What a very busy day you have had. I get exhausted just reading your post. Hope you can get some well deserved rest.:angel:

sounds like my day yesterday. put away 350.00 worth of groceries. otherwise pretty much what you said. slept most of the day. poor old us.

Looks like you plan on doing some sereious cooking and eating. I will be dropping by for a bite or two. :angel:

Man gas stations that are open in NJ are unreal!! Lines are so long and prices have gone up BIG time!!

I just got back from PA. Took me 1 hour to get there from pull up to filled up 10 minutes! $3.61 a gallon for regular. Amazing. So round trip 2 hr 10 minute. I would still be waiting on line to get 10 gallons (odd/even system here) for maybe a dollar more a gallon.
I am so sorry to hear about all of you out there in the aftermath of hurricane sandy. Following the updates on t.v.. The devastation is beyond words. My thoughts & prayers are with you all during this difficult time. We appreciate your updates.

Busy weekend so far. Last night after work I took my kiddo to a movie, had to go to work today to make up for a missed day due to the storm.... At work I did a project in occupational therapy for my 30 some year old patient with limited UE use.. we tie dyed a t- shirt together. I have it in the washer now, it came out great and she was thrilled to get to do it! Came home, got kiddo ready for trick or treat (rescheduled.) He decided his costume didnt feel right so we sprinted off to Walmart for another. I took him out in the pouring rain (snow still piled up in the yard so he got to walk through it.) Oh and he ended up wearing his regular clothes, a viking hat and a sword! :wacko:

Dh made a nice dinner, baked swai, it was a very nice, mild whitefish. Sitting & relaxing before bedtime.

We are back from Bunnings :)

We bought 2 big Tuscan pots, larger than the ones we already had, in forest green colour Also 3 bags of potting mix..but we only needed 2, good to have a spare bag though ;)

We also bought Harold Hoot which is an owl ornament and also it scares of pesky birds..it's eyes flash and it has a sensor..it goes Hoot Hoot when anything is near it We have trouble with blackbirds always digging around our plants and in the bark...drives us mad!!

We have repotted the Ficus and the Parlour Palm in their new pots, they look great!

Also bought some Cane Straw Mulch which we have laid out on top of our modular garden bed :)

Both have had lovely showers as it was stinking hot out there already, 30 degrees and we were sweating like anything...so nice and fresh now relaxing in the air conditioning with a coffee :)
Sounds like you have had a very productive day! Your owl ornament sounds like a great idea. We cannot keep a bird, squirel or gopher near our yard, our cats keep them cleaned out.:cat::cat::cat:

You deserve to put your feet up after all that back breaking work.:angel:

:ROFLMAO: What about the hair on your arms? Whenever my BIL would get sick, he would complain to my sister that the hair on his arms hurt. He needed them rubbed. Men are such sissies. :angel:

Odette, I thought of you as they were showing the countryside of Botswana. Really? A coffee shop and opera house? That's too funny.

You wouldn't like our Nando's here. Chicken is the only protein they serve. The spinach sounds good but we don't have it here. You would be eating salad, fries, veggies or rice!:ermm:

The coffee house is very nice actually, came across it by accident :) They have a Spa there too! Only in Botswana :LOL:

SA's Nando just introduced their spinach and they have corn on the cob now. We also have peri peri chicken livers and steak wraps.
The rest of the menu is the same as yours, I used to eat rice and veg or salad :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm recuperating from a lovely evening with friends. We had Margaritas and sampled some fancy tequilas. We did a taste comparison between making Margaritas with triple sec and with Cointreau. The Cointreau was much smoother and maybe a little richer. The triple sec, on the other hand, had a nice bite to it. Hard to say which I prefer. Then we had supper.

I'm exhausted from all the cleaning. I'm a bit of a lazy cow, so I need motivation to get the cleaning done. I should invite friends over more often. I even polished the silverware. :ermm: :)

If this post is a bit discombooberated, it's 'cause I had Margaritas, tequila, wine with supper, and ice wine with dessert. I'm definitely in a good mood. I even managed to load the dishwasher and run it.

I bought gallons of water, soup and boil in bag rice in case we lost power. Didn't think we would have to leave because a levvee would break. So we still have some soup and rice left.

Ms M, you are one strong woman! I highly admire you and you deserve to have a good rest. I would love to cook a nice hot meal and send it down to you....but unfortunately I think it might get cold by the time it made it. Please take good care. {{{{{{{{{{{{{MsM}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Back
Top Bottom