"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #3351
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I am just so thrilled that he will be at your facility! What a good way to keep track of Shrek AND the nurses!

Seriously, I can't believe it worked out so well. Hope you both can get some much deserved rest and peace.
Thanks, Dawg!

He only had one nurse I wanted to throttle What a ditz! Overall, while not a wonderful experience, it was good to see the excellent hospital staff in action.

Okay...I'm off to bed!

Old 06-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #3352
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
(((Hugs PF))) and get some rest.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #3353
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
Right, except that Frisbee is a brand of discs :) It's great exercise because the best courses are all up and down hill. It's actually how my bf and I met- on the disc golf course!
Yep, most of us call all discs Frisbees though. Sort of like calling all tissue, Kleenex. It was the easiest way to explain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thanks, Dawg!

He only had one nurse I wanted to throttle What a ditz! Overall, while not a wonderful experience, it was good to see the excellent hospital staff in action.

Okay...I'm off to bed!
There has to be at least one ditzy nurse. I think that is a requirement. So glad things are going better.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #3354
Master Chef

Oh, Princess Fiona, I am so sorry. Having spent a month dealing with it all my heart goes out to you. At least you're in the know with medical stuff. Sometimes I want to scream when I have to deal with medical staff and throttle a few people because they won't let me know what is going on.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:24 AM   #3355
Executive Chef

happy endings, pf. you and shrek have been playing out love story in the real word for us fans. we always root for both sides (you and shrek) and always, always, wish you well.... :)
Old 06-11-2012, 05:12 AM   #3356
Chef Extraordinaire

Sure you complain about Shrek PF. But it is always done with love. And that comes through. When your boss comes back, take a four day weekend Fri-Mon and shut off the phone. You can baby Shrek. And we all know how men love to be babied when they have even just an ingrown hair. Just remember to take care of yourself also.
You both are in my prayers.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #3357
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
He will be discharged tomorrow, he's ambulatory, antibiotics are done, but he still has a big open wound that they do not want to suture in case there is still some infection, so he has a vacuum wound closure system that is changed every three days. Shrek will be going to my facility, so he won't be calling me at work telling me he can't find this or that, etc. He'll be at work so I can keep an eye on him and know he is still getting first class care.

PF I am sorry to hear about Shrek, I will keep both of you in my prayers!

It is nice that you will be able to keep an eye on him at your facility.

Ya better throw a couple of bedpans in the freezer!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:16 AM   #3358
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
PF I am sorry to hear about Shrek, I will keep both of you in my prayers!

It is nice that you will be able to keep an eye on him at your facility.

Ya better throw a couple of bedpans in the freezer!

When I worked in a small community hospital, and there weren't any babies in the nursery, I was on the floor. I loved it when males came in for AP surgery. The next morning or even sooner it was necessary to get them up and out of bed as soon as possible. Now we all know how short those lovely hospital gowns are on men. I would go in and throw the blankets back to the bottom of the bed. They would immediately try to cover their genitals and reach for the blanket at the same time. The whole idea was to get them moving. And it worked. Then when you told them they had to sit up and dangle, then get up and into a chair, . You would have thought that we wanted them to die right there. We were trying to kill them. The incentive to get them to cooperate was to have a pair of PJs on the chair to put on. That was their prize for being a good boy.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #3359
Head Chef

I'm awfully sorry to hear of Shrek's illness. Good grief, what a week! I think this calls for administration of chocolate to the Princess. Lots of chocolate. Sending many wishes for Shrek's speedy recovery.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #3360
Head Chef

PF, what a week for you! I hope shrek continues to heal. Take good care of yourselves. I'm thinking of you both.