What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
simonbaker said:
My, you are very busy. Happy Birthday to your dh! Just wanted to share with you, we made a tiramisu for a gal on a catering that was having an Italian theme for a rehearsel dinner for her son's wedding. She froze the tiramisu & scooped it up with a mini ice-cream scoop then dipped them in chocolate, they were absolutely delicious!

Wow, that sounds great :)

Hope Stirling had a wonderful birthday Taxy :)

Indian sounds perfect, what did you have?
Thank you. I think he enjoyed his birthday. I was going to bake him an apple tarte, but my wrist is inflamed, so I told him that I owe him one.

We had onion bhajis, chicken masaledar, and what they called "lamb shish kabob". The lamb was seasoned, minced lamb cooked on a skewer and served with onions. I think the onion slices were grilled too. It's a fairly new restaurant and they don't have everything they serve on the menu. We described the lamb dish, since we had really liked it the first time we went there. We were going to have a chili pakora as an appetizer, but they were out of jalapenos, so I asked if they had onion bhajis (not on the menu) and was told yes.

They aren't licensed to sell booze, but are licensed for "bring your own wine or beer". We brought Heineken. I'm not a big beer drinker, but I think it goes better with Indian food than wine does.

Your dishes sound lovely, we too like to have a chicken dish and a lamb dish and we share :)

Yes, I feel the same, beer goes very well with this type of cuisine :)

Pleased you both had a nice evening out :)

It is going to be a very hot day here today, sadly!

I am heading out early this morning to get some more Christmas presents, the stores will be air conditioned so that is fine!

Coming home, car has air con, good stuff!

Get home, whack on the air con...I dont know what we would do without them :LOL:

I'm defrosting the freezer in the basement. It was long overdue. I hate that it takes so long.

I'm defrosting the freezer in the basement. It was long overdue. I hate that it takes so long.

I've been putting it off for some time too. I usually pack as much food as I can into the freezer over the fridge and into coolers we have. Then I put pots of boiling water on each shelf and close the door. In about 20 minutes all the frost is water. Our freezer has a drain in the bottom which I ran to the sump hole. Relatively easy.

I have put the sprinklers on outside and been and watered the areas where there are no sprinklers and gave everything a good soak...going to be a hot 38c here today :ohmy:

Andy M. said:
I've been putting it off for some time too. I usually pack as much food as I can into the freezer over the fridge and into coolers we have. Then I put pots of boiling water on each shelf and close the door. In about 20 minutes all the frost is water. Our freezer has a drain in the bottom which I ran to the sump hole. Relatively easy.

Yes. Maybe I just need to do the boiling water thing. It's cool in the basement, and just not melting very fast. Going to boil water...

Alright, the pans of boiling water (four of them) are fighting the ice in the freezer. I will check back in a few minutes to see who wins! ;)

Thanks Andy. The door is closed. I'm excited about organizing the food in there when it is done. It's been a mess for awhile. I found some food in there that tells me that it had been 4 years since I defrosted it last. :( actually I only threw away a little bit because it was 4 years old.

Kylie1969 said:
I managed to get all of the Christmas shopping done YAY :)

I have been wrapping them this afternoon :)

Good for you! Doesn't that feel great? I like to get the shopping done early so I can go out and "people watch" right before Christmas. Relaxing to watch the others shopping and rushing around when I am finished. I can enjoy a cup of tea while watching others scurry about. The decorations at the malls are much prettier when your shopping is finished. Also it leaves more time to drive around and look at the light displays.

Dud you play Christmas music while wrapping the gifts?

I used to order from catalogs a lot. Before you could order anything on line. Order from just one catalog, and your mailbox is never empty. So starting in October, I would look through each catalog, mark and fold down the corner of that page. By the end of October, I would have marked enough stuff to start seriously look at some items I had marked. All year I had stored in my mind, things folks would say that they would love to have one of "that." So as I went through the stack of catalogs, I started to order. Within a couple of days, I had everyone on my list covered and ordered for. Then I managed to awake the hate the mailman and UPS man had developed for me. It seems like every day there was a delivery.

By mid November I had everything wrapped. I now had time to enjoy the holidays. I loved going in town with my sister to different free Christmas concerts. Look at all the lights. Hear the music in the stores as I walked around. Listen to the street performers sing or play their instruments. And every year we managed to squeeze in going to the Boston Ballet to see "The Nutcracker". It wouldn't be Christmas if we missed that. We also loved going to the Trinity Church in Copley Square to hear the complete "Hallelujah". I miss doing all that. I was thinking of trying to get my daughter to go to a conceret with me. We will see. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom