What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went for my eye appointment today. They are going to do the right eye at the end of December. My eye surgeon said I am healing beautifully. It seems that there is another person in the computer with the same name. Only she is 20 years old. When I checked in, the girl was looking at me strangely. Then she asked me for my birthday. I know in a big city, there can often be folks with the same name. But it is making me suspicious. :angel:

So pleased to hear you are healing well, that is good to know Ads :)

Great to know they are doing your right eye soon too ;)

Kylie1969 said:
Yes, I thought that too L2Q :LOL:

Mum said that she wouldnt mind it and told me it was a bit "naughty"...a bit :ROFLMAO:, from the review of it I read on the wiki...it is a lot naughty :ROFLMAO:

Lol... Yea.. flipped through a few pages when my wife was reading it... Naughty is a good word for it..

:LOL: L2Q

I wrapped it up as soon as I bought it home...I don't want to know what mum is going to be reading ROFL :ROFLMAO:

This morning I did all the grocery shopping and I have also started getting bits and pieces for the Chrisymas buffet that Steve and I have on Christmas Eve

This afternoon I have been doing a bit of gardening :)

It sure does :)

We have just had tea, gee there was a lot of prep for it :rolleyes:

I was in the kitchen chopping vegetables etc for ages :LOL:

It tasted nice though :)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone today!

I am up very early this morning to get the big 22# bird in the oven. Our home will be filled with people in the next few hours. Just taking a quick break on DC before jumping in the shower. Hope everyone has a great day & is feeling blessed for all we have to be thankful for.

My DIL just delivered the picture to me. It is heavy and way too big for me to bring it to my daughter's house. So Spike is going to come and pick it up for delivery for me. I was going to ride my computer up there but I will now go in the car with Spike.

I have to laugh thinking about this picture. Every time a friend is in my daughter's home, they see something they like. "My mother gave it to me." I never realized just how many little things for her home I have given her over the years. This picture will be just one more thing. :angel:

I'm just sitting back trying to get to my next step of getting up in the morning. Since I had my knee replaced on the 12th everything takes longer and has to be done in stages as it's difficult to stand for long periods of time.

Thankfully I had all our Christmas shopping done, gifts wrapped and shipped before the surgery so I don't have to worry about those tasks. I'm pretty certain that would wear me out. However, I almost always have that done by the end of October. It's a throwback from when I had two sons in the military serving overseas. In order for them to have their gifts by Christmas, they had to be mailed by the end of October. I got in the habit of doing that and never got out of it, which makes the holiday so much more pleasant and relaxing.

If I think I can manage it, we're going to Glenn's oldest daughter's for Thanksgiving dinner. We're not due there for at least 5 hours so I should know in a couple of hours how well I'll motivate. Had a pretty bad pain night last night, which has me draggin' this morning. Perhaps a shower will revive me.

If we don't go to Heather's, a friend has offered to bring us a meal from his house, so Plan B is available should we choose to accept.

I'm just going to lean back here in the recliner for a few more minutes, gather my thoughts and head to the shower for a hoped-for rejuvenation.

Katie, you were so smart to take care of all that stuff before the surgery. I wish you speedy and complete healing of that new knee. And Happy Thanksgiving.

Katie, I know exactly how you feel. You start a project or chore and half way through you have to sit down and let the pain subside. The only difference, is that in time you will heal and feel so much better. Patience little grasshopper.

Don't be afraid to treat the pain. Pain will do more harm than the surgery itself. It can drag you down and cause you to take twice as long to heal. It is something I have learned the hard way. I would like to think I am stronger than the pain. But I am not. Pain defeats me and makes me not to want to do anything. I can give you a pile of reasons why I wouldn't take the pain medication. I can only give you one reason why I now do take the pain medication. Because It helps me. It helps me feel better. :angel:

Good morning everyone :)

Hope you are all enjoying your turkey dinners and enjoying the time with your loved one :)

Today I am staying home...I have been out most of the week shopping for one thing or another...so today I have more ironing, housework and some recliner time this afternoon ;)

Good evening everyone :)

Busy, busy day today...did loads of washing, ironing and cleaning

Mum came over for lunch, I made us some tuna mornay this morning :)

Now relaxing with a hot cup of tea :)

Good evening everyone :)

Busy, busy day today...did loads of washing, ironing and cleaning

Mum came over for lunch, I made us some tuna mornay this morning :)

Now relaxing with a hot cup of tea :)

hey kylie, i think of you and snip as 'frick and frack',:), so i'm wondering, frick, where has frack suddenly disappeared to, these past number of days--do you hear anything from her?

it is nice that you and your mom are able to be in each other's lives, and enjoy frequent visits together....
'

Hello V :)

I too was wondering where Snip has been..i have not heard from her :ermm:

Yes, I love spending time with mum, she is such a lovely person to be around :)

hey kylie, i think of you and snip as 'frick and frack',:), so i'm wondering, frick, where has frack suddenly disappeared to, these past number of days--do you hear anything from her?

it is nice that you and your mom are able to be in each other's lives, and enjoy frequent visits together....
'

I have been wondering the same thing. Hey Snip, pop in and let us know you are all right. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom