What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am about to head out and collect the Wii U...have just phoned the store and they have opened an hour earlier today for the rush as they are released today!

Want to get there early to collect it as I dont want to be waiting in lines :rolleyes:

That's nice to know. I feel much better about things if I know I am not hurting someone to "make them better." Or if it is something uncomfortable, I've done my best to minimize the discomfort.

PF, we hav a a foot doctor that comes in every Tuesday to check the feet of the patients and trim their nails. Due to circulatory problems, my toes nails grow very slowly. So I finally was able to get through to the powers that be, I will let them know when my nails need to be cut. and being a diabetic, I know to keep an eye on the condition of my feet. So....

The last time I went to see her, she was determined to get that nail out of the corner. Now if you heard Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, STOP, wouldn't you get the idea you may be hurting the patient and doing something wrong? My toe began bleeding and she had to bandage it. The nursing staff sent me to a foot doctor that they use off site to take a look at it. He had me coming back twice a week for three weeks until it healed. I was unable to wear my shoes during that whole time. I no longer will let her even glance at my feet as I walk by.

And yes, they still use her. She is under contract. But a lot of patients refuse to let her treat them. So they are seen by the off site doctor. :angel:

PF, we hav a a foot doctor that comes in every Tuesday to check the feet of the patients and trim their nails. Due to circulatory problems, my toes nails grow very slowly. So I finally was able to get through to the powers that be, I will let them know when my nails need to be cut. and being a diabetic, I know to keep an eye on the condition of my feet. So....

The last time I went to see her, she was determined to get that nail out of the corner. Now if you heard Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, STOP, wouldn't you get the idea you may be hurting the patient and doing something wrong? My toe began bleeding and she had to bandage it. The nursing staff sent me to a foot doctor that they use off site to take a look at it. He had me coming back twice a week for three weeks until it healed. I was unable to wear my shoes during that whole time. I no longer will let her even glance at my feet as I walk by.

And yes, they still use her. She is under contract. But a lot of patients refuse to let her treat them. So they are seen by the off site doctor. :angel:
Sorry you had to endure that pain Addie. Some people just do not belong in the positions that they are in. Take care. :angel:

I am sitting here trying to talk myself into going to the gym this afternoon.:ermm:

Sorry you had to endure that pain Addie. Some people just do not belong in the positions that they are in. Take care. :angel:

I am sitting here trying to talk myself into going to the gym this afternoon.:ermm:

Just think of how good you will feel when you get back home and can relax. :angel:

I have come back with the new Wii U :)

I can't open it though because as I mentioned, it is for Christmas....but exciting that it is now here ;)

Now time for a coffee and then I must do some ironing and nphang out some washing etc

I am sitting here waiting for Spike and Teddy to arrive. It is about time for them to show up.

Just a quick note to all of the DC members. I just want you to know that the angel at the end of your posts have not gone unnoticed. Thank you so much. With so many angels and prayers in the works for my daughter, she will have no choice but to get better. Unfortunately, the week of Thanksgiving dinner was her chemo week. And it looks like it will be the same for Christmas week. But in between, her spirits are high and she gets her energy back. The chemo saps her of all her strength and she needs help just to stand up from a chair.

For the past several years I have more or less just skipped the holidays. I go along just to be polite. But preferred to be left alone. For some strange reason, this year I am getting into the mood. The tree is up in the Community Room and tomorrow they will be decorating it. I think I will go down and help. At my height, I can only help with the lower branches. When I moved here I donated all my Christmas stuff to the building. Unfortunately a couple of boxes of decorations got damaged when there was a flood in the storage room. So they are buying a lot of new stuff this year.

There is one thing I do every year. I make up the bulletin for the Christmas Party. I am the only one in the building that has a printer that does color. And the only one who knows how to use clip art. Unfortunately, we had to add in small print "Residents Only" to the bulletin. Last year one of the residents invited their family and there were not enough seats for the residents. So the small kids were delegated to another room and to sit on the floor. They were also the last ones to be allowed to get their food. It didn't go over too big with the resident whose family it was, but too bad. I was given permission to invite Spike. He does a lot of little fixes for the residents at his own expense without charging. Like putting graphite on their window tracks so they can open them with more ease. That's more than maintenance does here. But I know he won't come.

Thank you again for all the angels. I do notice them and I know they are helping her. :angel:

I have come back with the new Wii U :)

I can't open it though because as I mentioned, it is for Christmas....but exciting that it is now here ;)

Now time for a coffee and then I must do some ironing and nphang out some washing etc

I love the smell of clean laundry right off the line. :angel:

Me too Ads :)

i change the sheets once a week..and they are outside drying very quickly as it is still pretty hot here today..they will smell lovely once bought in :)

Still trying to get the tree trimmed. Hope to finish this evening. I want to finish the rest of the decorating tomorrow, so that I can bake this weekend and then it's back to work on Monday.....bye bye vacation :(

SB, have you got a real tree, how lovely :)

Holidays go all too fast don't though, I hope you have had a wonderful time off though :)

I am glad that I went to the gym, the pool felt wonderful. I just got out of the shower feeling very relaxed, time for bed soon.

I just threw together some CP pea soup with a ham bone, after all the discussion it got me to thinking. We're going to a trivia night tomorrow, and we're all supposed to bring some food to share. Hmm. Better get out some bowls and spoons too.

Putting up the Christmas tree. Pooped already and haven't hung one deco yet. DH is chasing a bad bulb? Or ??? On this 12 ft. pre-lit behemoth. There are 5 sections, haven't put the 5th one on yet.....still looking for that lighting issue. :-(

View attachment 16418

oh wow, sb, i almost missed seeing your tree!! what a lovely, lovely tree--decorated with my very favorite star-like white lights! and how lucky you are to have high ceilings like that!:)

Kylie1969 said:
SB, have you got a real tree, how lovely :)

Holidays go all too fast don't though, I hope you have had a wonderful time off though :)

Kylie, it is an artificial tree. :( we had to do that because we have 20-25 ft ceilings. (Our tree is 12 ft.). I thought a smaller one would look funny so we bought the artificial one, as finding/getting/buying a fresh 12 foot tree every year would be cost prohibitive, not to mention trying to put lights on one( ours is pre-lit). I resisted artificial trees until we built this home and it just seems to work best for us. What about you? I am not familiar with all of the types of trees in Oz, I know that there is 20% forest land, but probably different from N. American forests :)

vitauta said:
oh wow, sb, i almost missed seeing your tree!! what a lovely, lovely tree--decorated with my very favorite star-like white lights! and how lucky you are to have high ceilings like that!:)

Thanks Vit! I am slowly getting it decorated and will post a pic when I reach that goal. Yes I am Lucky to have high ceilings :). Except when we have to clean ceiling fans and chase cobwebs ;-). Not complaining mind you, I am very fortunate to live in this home, I have to pinch myself sometimes!

So pretty, Somebunny! Hard to believe it's only 4/5 !

Kinda like Shrek and the mean urologist, you woulda thought he'd have more sympathy/empathy for a male patient.

The first "ow" is the first clue to stop and everyone step back and take a deep breath. The second "ow" it stops, period. When you hurt someone and don't stop to at least acknowledge and regroup, the patient loses all faith in you and anything you try is going to hurt.

If it hurts you pre-medicate or find a numbing agent or find someone who is more skilled than yourself to try.

Back
Top Bottom