"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #3591
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
No, not mine, but he's got the right idea!

From FB, to remind folks to keep their pets cool.
My son had to work in the morning. He put Teddy Bear in the bedroom with some ice water and the AC on medium. Any time he takes him out for one of his walks, he has been carrying a bottle of ice water and a small cup so he can stay hydrated. He usually keeps him out for an hour or more. But in this heat, as soon as TB does his business, he brings him right back home. TB does not do well in the heat.

Old 06-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #3592
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

My son had to work in the morning. He put Teddy Bear in the bedroom with some ice water and the AC on medium. Any time he takes him out for one of his walks, he has been carrying a bottle of ice water and a small cup so he can stay hydrated. He usually keeps him out for an hour or more. But in this heat, as soon as TB does his business, he brings him right back home. TB does not do well in the heat.
Few of us do well in the heat! Glad Teddy Bear has such an attentive daddy!

Old 06-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #3593
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Trying to figure out a good vacation this summer with the family. The daughter & dh really want to go to florida & do disney. I have osteoarthritiis in my knees. The water exercises have been helping some. Big mistake, last night I tried aqua zumba. My right knee has been killing me all day. I am wondering how I would be able to walk the miles & miles through disney.
I went to Disney with my ex wife a few years ago. She was in a wheel chair. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get around. Not once were we inconvenienced or held up because of it. Actually, we were given many advantages and privileges because of it. We had separate isles, and the handicapped seating is top notch, usually front row. My dauther loved it also because she sat on my wife's lap and got wheeled around for the whole trip.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #3594
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Hmm. Simonbaker, can you get a handicap tag?
Old 06-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #3595
Sous Chef

I'm taking a break. My bf and I are renting a room from a friend of his, who happens to be a bachelor. I moved in a couple days ago, and I've just been getting settled until now, so today I cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the whole house, and cleaned the upstairs bathroom that we use. My god, this man had 3 cases of empty beer cans and bottles I recycled, and there was about 1/4 inch of dust on every ledge, and under the appliances. And the bathroom! I hate cleaning other people's toilets, and this was the dirtiest toilet I have ever cleaned! And I used to work at a young adult male group home, so that is saying something. The dust all over the outside of the toilet that was covered in pee really added to the effect. He must not know that you are supposed to clean more than just the inside of the toilet lol. The house is deceptively clean and picked up looking when you first walk in, but boy did it need some detailing. Phew that was a lot of work!! I still need to dust in the living room. Then I will feel more comfortable here. Hopefully we will only be here for 2 weeks-a month and a half, but its still worth it to not be grossed out, and it's kind of a nice thank you for letting us stay here too.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #3596
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
I'm taking a break. My bf and I are renting a room from a friend of his, who happens to be a bachelor. I moved in a couple days ago, and I've just been getting settled until now, so today I cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the whole house, and cleaned the upstairs bathroom that we use. My god, this man had 3 cases of empty beer cans and bottles I recycled, and there was about 1/4 inch of dust on every ledge, and under the appliances. And the bathroom! I hate cleaning other people's toilets, and this was the dirtiest toilet I have ever cleaned! And I used to work at a young adult male group home, so that is saying something. The dust all over the outside of the toilet that was covered in pee really added to the effect. He must not know that you are supposed to clean more than just the inside of the toilet lol. The house is deceptively clean and picked up looking when you first walk in, but boy did it need some detailing. Phew that was a lot of work!! I still need to dust in the living room. Then I will feel more comfortable here. Hopefully we will only be here for 2 weeks-a month and a half, but its still worth it to not be grossed out, and it's kind of a nice thank you for letting us stay here too.

YUCK!!!

Skittle, you are a better person than me.
I did that for a few people in my 20's--no dust bunnies, more like dust dinosaurs and bathrooms--BLUCK. In case they don't thank you--I'll say it for them, THANK YOU! <<---that is you.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #3597
Master Chef

I don't even like cleaning my own toliet (don't worry, I do) let alone someone else's. It is a lot of work when you don't clean on a regular basis.

And I second the big YUCK!!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #3598
Head Chef

I bought a 1 foot tall by 5 foot cheapo pool today.
I received a warning notice with the pool. It said "NO DIVING, Shallow Water, You can be permanently injured".
Really? I'm thinking I won't dive now.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #3599
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful
I received a warning notice with the pool. It said "NO DIVING, Shallow Water, You can be permanently injured".
Oh fer Pete's sake, please don't dive, Bliss!

Get a bag of ice and a bulldog! And a teeny diving board.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #3600
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post

Well, if you're not too tall, it might be OK.