What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am:
- nursing a sick hubby (yup the typical kind ;))
- cleaning up the kitchen from dinner and grocery shopping
- watching a PBS special on Andy Williams Christmas Shows
- trying to keep Joie from biting his cone off that is keeping him from scratching his ears and licking his feet from allergies
- Figuring out my new diet now that I can't have anything with sugar, yeast, mushrooms, eggs, gluten or dairy! :wacko:

The good part of this last one is I have finally found someone who is getting to the bottom of my health problems and if it means sticking to strict eating habits for awhile I am all in......well, except maybe the mushrooms :LOL:

I am:
- nursing a sick hubby (yup the typical kind ;))
- cleaning up the kitchen from dinner and grocery shopping
- watching a PBS special on Andy Williams Christmas Shows
- trying to keep Joie from biting his cone off that is keeping him from scratching his ears and licking his feet from allergies
- Figuring out my new diet now that I can't have anything with sugar, yeast, mushrooms, eggs, gluten or dairy! :wacko:

The good part of this last one is I have finally found someone who is getting to the bottom of my health problems and if it means sticking to strict eating habits for awhile I am all in......well, except maybe the mushrooms :LOL:

I was going to say, the mushroom one has to be horrible!!!! I would die!

I was going to say, the mushroom one has to be horrible!!!! I would die!
Surprisingly I have not had mushroom withdrawal yet....and it has been a whole 10 hours since I was diagnosed. :rolleyes:

I am having a harder time with the sugar because it means at the moment no fruit, honey, anything sweet. No corn, carrots, etc. It is a combination between a yeast allergy and pre-diabetes (not sure what that is yet, will have to google it!).

Oh, and I don't think it will be lost on anyone that I am a cake baker, decorator and basically inhale sugar on a regular basis! :wacko:

Last edited:
Surprisingly I have not had mushroom withdrawal yet....and it has been a whole 10 hours since I was diagnosed. :rolleyes:

I am having a harder time with the sugar because it means at the moment no fruit, honey, anything sweet. No corn, carrots, etc. It is a combination between a yeast allergy and pre-diabetes (not sure what that is yet, will have to google it!).

Oh, and I don't think it will be lost on anyone that I am a cake baker, decorator and basically inhale sugar on a regular basis! :wacko:

Prediabetes - American Diabetes Association

Have just come home from a walk after tea...lovely long walk too :)

We were going to make some Sticky Date Pudding for dessert but it is a bit late now so just having some liquorice :)

Now off to watch some Walking Dead :)

I am in the middle of building some gun racks, then a little work (which is why I'm on the computer right now), then off to the store for some mushrooms. Then finish staining the racks and it's spaghetti sauce time.

Finally! I got my Nursing License squared away for the next two years. I really have to not procrastinate about the Continuing Education Credits over the next two years...yeah, right!

One time I called my son. Thanks to caller ID, I got, "Can't talk Ma. I am on a deadline for my CME. Bye." And hung up. No Hi, nothing. Just a quick hangup. :angel:

Last edited:
I was out the door at 7 a.m. to go grocery shopping. The store surprisingly was crowded at that hour.

Last Monday, I slept for ten hours straight on my left side. When I woke up, my left thigh was in a lot of pain. On the top of the thigh, not the back. I am assuming it is because all the weight of my body was on that thigh. As I go through the day, the pain lessens with the help of two Vicodin as soon as I get up and don't lay down again for several hours. I am the type of person that doesn't move once I am sleeping. So all this week I have been falling asleep on my right side. Last night I must have turned over. When I got up this morning at 6 a.m. I took the Vicodin immediately as my thigh was really hurting. They never kicked in. My leg is still hurting as much as it was when I got up. I am beginning to rethink the cause of this problem. I am wondering if I may have a stress fracture. I am trying to work my way through all this. I don't want ANYTHING to interfere with my upcoming eye surgery. My surgery is schedule for the 18th. I will gladly go on the 20th to see what the problem is. I go for a followup appt. for the surgery on the 19th. As much as I hate to I just had to take 2 more Vicodin. And I will stay off the leg until they kick in.

But I need to get started on the cookie doughs. :angel:

Today I have to sew, at least five (aprons) are due to my friend tomorrow. And should work for at least a few hours to get ahead for the week since I'll be missing Thursday and Friday because of the surgery. Oh and I decided to put all my leftover celery in the dehydrator to see what I get. It might not turn out but then again, it might be okay. I have quite a bit left from Thanksgiving cooking.

The very first thing I do with celery is remove all the leaves and dry them in a warm oven. They are great for tuna salad and soups. I don't always use up the whole of the celery hearts that I buy. I would hate to lose those leaves. They have so much flavor. Let us know how the celerly turn out. I may try it in my oven if it works.

The very first thing I do with celery is remove all the leaves and dry them in a warm oven. They are great for tuna salad and soups. I don't always use up the whole of the celery hearts that I buy. I would hate to lose those leaves. They have so much flavor. Let us know how the celerly turn out. I may try it in my oven if it works.

Thank you and I will! Honestly I was thinking I would have to discard the leaves. I think that if I get out to the store later, I might as well get extra onions and bell pepper to dice up and dry.

Thank you and I will! Honestly I was thinking I would have to discard the leaves. I think that if I get out to the store later, I might as well get extra onions and bell pepper to dice up and dry.

Yikes! Have you ever priced the cost of buying celery leaves? You can also freeze the onions and peppers raw. They are also very expensive when you buy them from the freezer department at your store. Anytime they are on sale, I stock up and usually have a couple of large zippy bags in the freezer at the end. I can't eat the peppers, so I buy them for my son who loves them.

Kat, your celery should dehydrate nicely. I used to do it all the time and use it in soups and stews. Like Addie, I still dry the leaves and then I crush them to use as seasoning. TB doesn't like raw celery, but I use it in so many things that I buy it and don't use it all.

I think now that I am very restricted on what I can eat for the next while I will buy some and keep celery sticks on hand.

I am about to put in an hours work on the craft room as we are moving one of the three extra recliners (all from Dad) in here so I can have a comfy chair. This means about a fourth redesign, but I am packing up all my cake supplies at least for the next six months (to give the no-sugar lifestyle a good try) so that gives a lot of room ;)!

One time I called my son. Thanks to caller ID, I got, "Can't talk Ma. I am on a deadline for my CME. Bye." And hung up. No Hi, nothing. Just a quick hangup. :angel:

I would have been on a deadline on 12/31/12...I made it by a month.:ROFLMAO:

one whole month ahead of time, shoot, that's not procrastination in my book, pf.:) congratulations on your license renewal!:) i know how hard it is to fit in those continuing education hours. what? and do my work in the real world TOO? you gotta be kidding....:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom