"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #3621
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie
I called Son #3. There is a farm stand just down the road from his house. He is going to pick up a couple of dozen farm fresh eggs for me. Oh Joy! Luv that kid!!!
Yummy!! Fresh eggs are the best. I should find someone around here who sells them. I like to keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge and munch on an egg white with a little salt and pepper when I'm hungry between meals. Farm fresh eggs are so tender and flavorful. Much better than store bought!

Old 06-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #3622
Executive Chef

Saturday 20.10 Hours

Tax Lady, Buonasera,

Firstly, Tax Lady, thanks alot. We had a wonderful time... Truly a spectacular concert ... He gives his all to the audience ...

Tonight is the European Cup Match Spain against France ... We shall go watch on big screen tv at a local taberna and have some nice Sparkling Wine and shellfish ...

This morning, I was horse riding all morning, Equis is ourīs and he is an Apoloosa ... The Vet could not resist and his original owner is quite elderly and cannot foster care him any longer. So, the Vet bought him ... His stable is at the Ranch where Filippo has long standing clients. So it all worked out and I do not have to rent any longer. I ride from 7am to 10am or so before it gets too too desert like hot.

Have a lovely wkend,
Ciao, Margi.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #3623
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Watching the beagle watching a baby bunny from the sunroom. She will bark at cats and coyotes, but shows remarkable restraint and a very long attention span with rabbits. Of course, that's what beagles are bred for, to hunt rabbits. Not sure what she'd do if she caught one.

Name:   image-4013057665.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  24.1 KB
Old 06-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #3624
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Watching the beagle watching a baby bunny from the sunroom. She will bark at cats and coyotes, but shows remarkable restraint and a very long attention span with rabbits. Of course, that's what beagles are bred for, to hunt rabbits. Not sure what she'd do if she caught one.
It's not what she would do, it's what you would do for her. Hasenpfeffer. If you really love her.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #3625
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Trying to get motivated to do something...anything. It's hotter than the hinges of hell here and I KNOW I don't want to do anything outside.

I think I'll take a nap instead. Maybe I'll dream of something I should do.

Barring that, I'll go to my studio and play for a while and see if I can amuse Sally and Tumble.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #3626
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H
Trying to get motivated to do something...anything. It's hotter than the hinges of hell here and I KNOW I don't want to do anything outside.

I think I'll take a nap instead. Maybe I'll dream of something I should do.

Barring that, I'll go to my studio and play for a while and see if I can amuse Sally and Tumble.
Lol I know the feeling. Yesterday I posted on Facebook that I was motivated just to try to convince myself it was true. I did get quite a bit done (or was that the day before? Not working really makes it hard to tell my days apart lol...), and today I finished the laundry I was working on. I love putting everything away while it's still warm out of the dryer. Makes it so much easier to fold, and smooth out any wrinkles.

Now I'm going to embark on the process of washing my 2 foot long hair lol. I love my hair, but man is it a project...
Old 06-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #3627
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful

It's not what she would do, it's what you would do for her. Hasenpfeffer. If you really love her.
She's on her own!
Old 06-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #3628
Chef Extraordinaire

Hustomte is vacuuming--I'm going to take a nap while she does that. I've been cleaning sawdust out of all the corners--the result of having sanded the floor.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #3629
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I have saline to make and can, veggie's to prep and meat to cook ahead for Shrek. I better get moving while Heartbreak Ridge is on and Shrek is still sleeping.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #3630
Chef Extraordinaire

boy, am i having a good day.

firstly, i started my vacation today. that's always a good thing.

this morning, my boy had all star baseball practice. this past week, he was selected to the all star team by the coaches' association.
then, one of the all star head coaches asked me to be the assistant coach. i was really honoured to be one of the four coaches out of around 18.

the boys had a good practice this morning. it's neat to see everyone's game get better when they're around better players.

next up, we had the coaches vs. employees (of the boys and girls club) game this afternoon. the employees are a bunch of college aged and 20 somethings; we're a bunch of old farts.

believe it or not, even though we lost 14 - 13, i was awarded game m.v.p.! i had a triple and single, and had 4 defensive put outs in left field, all killing rallies, all circus catches a la willie mays.

the best part was seeing my boy's face when everyone chanted "mvp, mvp" for me. that was worth all the money in the world. i think i get a trophy tomorrow, along with the boys and all stars. lol, my son hugged me the whole way home.

then we spent an hour in the pool cooling off, and making whirlpools and wave pools using boogie boards. that was fun.

but it doesn't end there. tonight is my boy's all star game on a really nice artificial field under the lights.

i can't wait.

it's been a good day.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote