"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #3641
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
At least a month, we go back to the wound clinic in two weeks, but I can already see improvement, it's filling in well and new skin is growing. Once I have my coffee, I'll be changing the dressing again.

He finally slept last night, all night. Yay!!!
I remeber when my wound finally started to fill in. They had opened the arteries to my leg and the next day you could see the color come back to it and new tissue already making a hold on the wound. I had gained almost an inch around the whole wound when they finally did the graft.

Being home can only speed up his recovery. That and a lot of loving care. {{{{Hugs to both of you!}}}}

Old 06-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #3642
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I've seen and helped heal worse looking wounds. It only needs to fill in about a quarter inch of depth now. It's about one inch wide at the widest and filling in nicely.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #3643
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I've seen and helped heal worse looking wounds. It only needs to fill in about a quarter inch of depth now. It's about one inch wide at the widest and filling in nicely.
I'm glad to hear it's healing well.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #3644
Executive Chef

Kettle Bells, Planks. Sweating. Groaning. Feeling my age.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #3645
Chef Extraordinaire

So you want to know what I am doing. Well, I am having the most exciting time. I washed a baking pan and a couple of dirty spoons. Made a cup of coffee and am working on my embroidery in between checking in here at DC. My thoughts are directed at what am I going to eat today. I have nothing thawed out, so it looks like French toast and a couple of steamed hot dogs. I hate grilled or fried ones. I am also considering doing a small load of whites today.

Last night we had a humdinger of a thunderstorm. The kind that is right over your house and the loud claps of thunder just kept getting louder and louder with flashes of lightning. The lightning lit up my whole apartment. I loved it. I did shut off the computer. But kept the TV going.

I get my new scooter this week. I am so excited. It has a headlight and tail lights. When you turn the key, they go on automatically. My present scooter goes six mph. The new one goes eight. It also has two mirrors and a much larger basket. The battery is bigger and will hold a charge much longer than my present one. That means I can go faster and farther.

I got a notice yesterday that the cost of The Ride is going from $2.00 each way to $4.00. And if I take a guest, it will cost $5.00. If I take a caregiver, it is still free. I hate to do it, but I am going to have to limit my using a caregiver. It is hard to say a person is a caregiver, when I can get up from my scooter and sit in one of the seats. I have only done that about three times. and I feel guilty after. I know in my heart that it is a form of stealing or cheating. From now on if I take someone with me I am going to have to ask them to pay the $5.00. It is still cheaper than if they took a cab.

That's all for today. Back to my embroidering.

Well, you asked!
Old 06-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #3646
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Kettle Bells, Planks. Sweating. Groaning. Feeling my age.
And what age would that be? Twenty-nine?
Old 06-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #3647
Senior Cook

Today I'm watching the news and the fires just out of town.
It's odd I'm the one in the Army, I'm the one who has been deployed tp foreign countries were people don't like us and I'm also the one that's freaked out by the fires. My wife is very calm about it all.
Everyone pray for the safety of the firefighters and the people of that part of town.
The whole thing is kinda sur-real.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #3648
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
And what age would that be? Twenty-nine?
I wish.....
Old 06-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #3649
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace
Today I'm watching the news and the fires just out of town.
It's odd I'm the one in the Army, I'm the one who has been deployed tp foreign countries were people don't like us and I'm also the one that's freaked out by the fires. My wife is very calm about it all.
Everyone pray for the safety of the firefighters and the people of that part of town.
The whole thing is kinda sur-real.
Where are you at? Would you be in Colorado like me? It seems the state is fire again like it was 10 years ago. The Waldo Canyon fire is really scary today!
Old 06-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #3650
Senior Cook

Yeah I live in Colorado springs. I've never been anywhere near fires like this. Crazy scary.