What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks for your help, guys. you are right, and i shouldn't be agonizing over apparel choices for a teenage boy anymore. it's just that i'm reluctant to give up the personal aspect of gift giving to my grandkids. i guess that on some level i've been aware of the fact that my two oldest grands are truly gleeful only at the sight of gift cards from their fave stores. it's not an easy truth for me to swallow, however. these days, thoughtful handmade or handpicked gifts don't stand a chance against the gift of plastic. but, easy peasy, right?

My grandboy is only 2 so I have a few years left to pick and choose anything I like, and know he'll be happy with it. I dread the day when Mimi's taste is outdated.

My grandboy is only 2 so I have a few years left to pick and choose anything I like, and know he'll be happy with it. I dread the day when Mimi's taste is outdated.

Ah, by then they have other interests you can be enthusiastic about.

We have just got home from the Indian restaurant, it was a lovely meal :)

Now we are very full, thinking of still going on our nightly walk but waiting for our stomachs to settle :LOL:

I was all set to go to Ikea and buy some dining room chairs. I have the chairs picked out and the website said that they were in stock at "my Ikea". Then I noticed that on Tuesdays there is a special on a Swedish meatball meal. w00t! So, I went to print out my shopping list and the chairs were no longer in stock! :(

I'll check tomorrow morning. They wrote that they will be in tomorrow. If we go in the morning, we can have their cheapie breakfast. If the chairs aren't in the morning, I will check later in the day and we can go when Stirling finishes work, but morning would be better.

Wondering if your doc would consider 600 mg three times a day...

First I have to find out what is wrong. My mind is working overtime on this. I am now wondering if I have a clot in my thigh. I have a stent in the groin in that area. I notice if I rest more than walk, the pain lets up. I am trying to not let Winthrop know about this latest problem until after my eye surgery. I go for the pre-op on Monday, and then the surgery on the 18th. I think if I was asked right now, do you want to lose your leg or have your eye surgery, I would let the leg go. That is how important the eye surgery is to me. The eye problem has been going on since last January when I first noticed a big change in my vision.

If I stay still for at least 30 minutes, the Vicodin kicks in and does a good job of pain management. Plus I have also taken my gabapentin the first thing in the morning. Because they are going to give me anesthesia for the surgery, I don't know if I can take the Vicodin before I leave the house that morning. I can take all my other medications. But then the instructions for the Vic. is 2 tablets qid. So that would include two with my usual morning meds. Right now I am so confused about this whole thing. The last thing I need is a new problem. At least until the 19th of December. :angel:

I was all set to go to Ikea and buy some dining room chairs. I have the chairs picked out and the website said that they were in stock at "my Ikea". Then I noticed that on Tuesdays there is a special on a Swedish meatball meal. w00t! So, I went to print out my shopping list and the chairs were no longer in stock! :(

I'll check tomorrow morning. They wrote that they will be in tomorrow. If we go in the morning, we can have their cheapie breakfast. If the chairs aren't in the morning, I will check later in the day and we can go when Stirling finishes work, but morning would be better.

Couldn't Ikea have put aside the chairs for you? Or at least give you a call when the new shipment comes in. :angel:

First I have to find out what is wrong. My mind is working overtime on this. I am now wondering if I have a clot in my thigh.

You know a clot could kill you or cause a stroke or heart attack, right?

I have a stent in the groin in that area. I notice if I rest more than walk, the pain lets up. I am trying to not let Winthrop know about this latest problem until after my eye surgery. I go for the pre-op on Monday, and then the surgery on the 18th. I think if I was asked right now, do you want to lose your leg or have your eye surgery, I would let the leg go.

Sorry to be so blunt, but how about a stroke versus your leg? You really need to let your doctors know what's going on, especially the surgeon and anesthesiologist.

Because they are going to give me anesthesia for the surgery, I don't know if I can take the Vicodin before I leave the house that morning. I can take all my other medications. But then the instructions for the Vic. is 2 tablets qid. So that would include two with my usual morning meds. Right now I am so confused about this whole thing.

Only your doctor can tell you.

I know you know this, but doctors need to have the whole picture in order to give you the best care. Sometimes it takes one to know one :)

Last edited:
You know a clot could kill you or cause a stroke or heart attack, right?

Sorry to be so blunt, but how about a stroke versus your leg? You really need to let your doctors know what's going on, especially the surgeon and anesthesiologist.

Only your doctor can tell you.

I know you know this, but doctors need to have the whole picture in order to give you the best care.
+1

I know the doctor will be in tomorrow. All day I have been going back and forth. Should I or should I just take a chance. At this moment, I am for calling for a pickup early in the morning so I can be the first one to see him. And there will be plenty of time if he sends me for an Xray and then he get the report back. Right now my leg is feeling fine. Sort of. The pain meds are doing their job. When I wake up in the morning the pain is at its worse. Tat will be my incentive to make that call.

I need to get out in the kitchen and finish making those cookies. But I know that doing that will bring on the pain, Time for me to go see the doctor. I can't accomplish anything like this. I have four batches of cookies to make and form for the freezer. With this pain I am only able to do one cookie batch a day. Two batches are already made.

Thanks for listening to my rant and rave. I hate pain. It interferes with my life. :angel:

Hello everyone :)

I was not going to go out today as I seem to be having to go to the shops everyday getting this close to Christmas :rolleyes:

I did go out though as there were some good specials on some items we needed for our Christmas Eve buffet...so glad I did go out early and get them after all ;)

Have just had a lovely hot shower and washed my hair...feeling good!

Now time for a coffee and morning tea, I am starving!

Okay everyone, where the heck is the Christmas Tree thread. I went downstairs to take a lovely picture of the tree that is there. It is two stories tall. Too tall to put the angel on. I wanted you all to see the tree. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom