What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once again have a bout of Pneumonia, viral this time. Something I picked up somewhere and since I've been having symptoms for over a week there is nothing they can give me. I spent all weekend talking myself out of it being a heart attack. Since it's just me in the office tomorrow, I'm going in to work, don't feel bad enough to stay home.

I just saw this your Ogreness. I am so sorry to hear you are down with it again. No fun at all. Take good care of yourself. Would you like me to make a batch of my curried coconut cauliflower soup? It cures what ails ya!

Oh, One of the questions (answers) on Jeopardy included the Missoula! I correctly identified the state as Minnesota (just kidding! ;)). TB thought I was nuts as I shouted out that's where my favourite Ogres live! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I just saw this your Ogreness. I am so sorry to hear you are down with it again. No fun at all. Take good care of yourself. Would you like me to make a batch of my curried coconut cauliflower soup? It cures what ails ya!

Oh, One of the questions (answers) on Jeopardy included the Missoula! I correctly identified the state as Minnesota (just kidding! ;)). TB thought I was nuts as I shouted out that's where my favourite Ogres live! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I promise I'll get better so I don't HAVE to eat cauliflower anything!:angel: Thanks anyway, feeling much better. Not as nauseous and the light-headedness is fading.

Poor TB, now he knows he's married to a crazy lady who has ogres as friends.:LOL:

I promise I'll get better so I don't HAVE to eat cauliflower anything!:angel: Thanks anyway, feeling much better. Not as nauseous and the light-headedness is fading.

Poor TB, now he knows he's married to a crazy lady who has ogres as friends.:LOL:
I knew the thought of avoiding cauliflower would make you better! :LOL:

And as for TB, he knew he was marrying a crazy lady long before I knew any Ogres! :angel:

The cool change has come in YAY...loving it :)

This arvo I did some cross stitch which was nice and relaxing and then made a lovely dinner :)

Now going to go and watch some Masterchef UK

I went to bed early last night as I wasn't feeling the best. Now, here I am up at 2:30 a.m. munching on cheese & crackers & cannot go back to sleep.There are just to many things running through my head of things that I need to get done.

I ALWAYS feel better when I avoid cauliflour.

what is the primary objection to cauliflower for you, andy? hearing your vehemence against it, and so frequently, has me curious. to me, cauliflower seems such a mild tasting veggie-- on its own, bland, even. is it the texture? do you equally dislike raw cauliflower? or do you and pf just have too much fun trashing it?:)

what is the primary objection to cauliflower for you, andy? hearing your vehemence against it, and so frequently, has me curious. to me, cauliflower seems such a mild tasting veggie-- on its own, bland, even. is it the texture? do you equally dislike raw cauliflower? or do you and pf just have too much fun trashing it?:)

I don't care for the smell or the taste. My parents used to include it in pickles and that was fine. Typically, when people are trying to convince me to like it they tell me about this fantastic recipe for cauliflower made with melted cheese and a dozen other ingredients. In that recipe you can't even taste the veggie. Why bother.

I was thinking about asking if they disliked it raw. Stirling likes it raw; can tolerate it steamed or lightly stir-fried, and detests it thoroughly cooked. I'm easier going about how long it can be cooked, but the idea of it being cooked in a soup... :ohmy: Same goes for broccoli.

I don't care for the smell or the taste. My parents used to include it in pickles and that was fine. Typically, when people are trying to convince me to like it they tell me about this fantastic recipe for cauliflower made with melted cheese and a dozen other ingredients. In that recipe you can't even taste the veggie. Why bother.

thanks, andy, i guess that pretty well clears up my cauliflower question. i hope pf reads this and pops in to add her two cents on the subject. you do eat broccoli, though ,don't you? are the two similar in smell or taste to you?

okay,okay. i'll be leaving you alone, now. no more pesky questions, promise.:)

thanks, andy, i guess that pretty well clears up my cauliflower question. i hope pf reads this and pops in to add her two cents on the subject. you do eat broccoli, though ,don't you? are the two similar in smell or taste to you?

okay,okay. i'll be leaving you alone, now. no more pesky questions, promise.:)

Broccoli has a better flavor. I realize the two are similar. They are both cruciferous veggies. Frankly, I don't much care for any of the veggies in this family but do eat some occasionally.

Cauliflower, I grew up eating it overcooked and wasting crackers and cheese on it. The smell of it is disgusting, same with brussels sprouts, cooked cabbage and broccoli. Always overcooked.

I can now eat broccoli as long as it is lightly steamed til just tender, other than that it starts to stink. I've never gotten over my aversion to cauilflower or brussels sprouts...I eat raw cabbage frequently.

Cauliflower, I grew up eating it overcooked and wasting crackers and cheese on it. The smell of it is disgusting, same with brussels sprouts, cooked cabbage and broccoli. Always overcooked.

I can now eat broccoli as long as it is lightly steamed til just tender, other than that it starts to stink. I've never gotten over my aversion to cauilflower or brussels sprouts...I eat raw cabbage frequently.
Yup, overcook any of those and the aroma is quite unpleasant. I can't stand cabbage rolls because of it.

I used to feel the same way about brussell sprouts :sick: Hubby loves them so I make them for him.

Then one day I ran across a recipe and tried it and when it was done I took a wee tiny itty bitty little taste and it was actually good. Now I eat them so long as they are cooked that way.

It's very simple ...Fresh brussell sprouts .. the smaller the better so they aren't so bitter. Wash them and slice in half. Melt some butter in a skillet. Put the sprouts in the skillet flat side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until browned on the flat side. Flip them over, add a tiny bit of water or chicken stock .. cover and cook until desired doneness. There is something about doing them this way that - for me anyway - takes away that brussell sprout taste and gives it more of a cabbage taste.

Good morning, Sunday here and it is a lovely sunny morning out there :)

This morning we are going to fertilize the whole garden and just some general tidy up out there :)

I dont really like brussel sprouts, just dont like the taste or the texture...Steve loves them though

Mrs L...that does sound like a nice way to have them though

I used to feel the same way about brussell sprouts :sick: Hubby loves them so I make them for him.

Then one day I ran across a recipe and tried it and when it was done I took a wee tiny itty bitty little taste and it was actually good. Now I eat them so long as they are cooked that way.

It's very simple ...Fresh brussell sprouts .. the smaller the better so they aren't so bitter. Wash them and slice in half. Melt some butter in a skillet. Put the sprouts in the skillet flat side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until browned on the flat side. Flip them over, add a tiny bit of water or chicken stock .. cover and cook until desired doneness. There is something about doing them this way that - for me anyway - takes away that brussell sprout taste and gives it more of a cabbage taste.

I will have to take your word for it.

I love brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. but I was brought up having them raw or steamed. When I have had them overcooked I agree they are unappetizing! I love broccoli and cauliflower soups though I add other flavours with them and leave some chunks in for texture.

But I respect anyone who doesn't like them. My Dad went 86 years without them so there is something to be said in that! :)

We have been out in the garen all morning, it is all looking so lovely :)

Have come in and had a lovely hot shower, nice and fresh now ;)

I am doing a happy dance right now! First of all I can because my body isn't so sore and second I have the room in the house to do it! :LOL:

We just got rid of two rockers that belonged to my grandparents and are at least 70 years old and very worn, two footstools that match and a small computer desk we don't need. Good riddance to it all!

Then my neighbour's daughter finally came over to get all my flour, sugar and other baking supplies that I don't need and are just temptations while I am on this elimination diet. She was totally excited as now she can do some Christmas baking! With the space in my pantry I was able to get some appliances off my counter!

Life is good! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom