"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #3731
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I'm telling ya Babe, you need a Roomba! The cats will enjoy it too!
Son #1's SIL has one. When he goes there with Teddy, she will bring out the Roomba. Teddy and the two cats chase that thing all over the house. The first time Teddy saw it, all four feet left the floor. Then he jumped up on Son's lap shaking. Now he thinks it is a neat toy. Aside from help with the housework, it will amuse your cats. Well worth the money.

My girlfriend in Georgia has one. She sets it on just before she leaves for work in the morning. When she comes home at night it is back in its charger and the carpets are nice and clean.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #3732
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Found out getting supplies is much cheaper if I just get them and pay full price at my facility than if I get them from another supplier and medicare pays for part. By buying it myself, I'm saving about $19 a day. Getting reimbursement back from medicare will net me about 70 cents a day, $9.80 in two weeks. Not worth the time and postage dealing with medicare. The supplier has about a 105% markup.
I remember those days. Keeping track of all your receipts, stamps, envelopes, etc. It seemed like when it was time to send everything in, I was out of something. Be it stamps, envelopes, etc. And making copies of the receipts was a big pain. I didn't have a copy machine at home at the time, so I would have to take them to work and do it on my lunch hour. Hoping no one was around seeing me using company equipment for personal business. Now ESP pays for everything. Even my new scooter. I looked up the price. Almost $4,000.00. I almost had a heart attack then I saw that. Thank you Medicare and ESP. I would hate to waiting for my check from Medicare for that one.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #3733
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60
Found out getting supplies is much cheaper if I just get them and pay full price at my facility than if I get them from another supplier and medicare pays for part. By buying it myself, I'm saving about $19 a day. Getting reimbursement back from medicare will net me about 70 cents a day, $9.80 in two weeks. Not worth the time and postage dealing with medicare. The supplier has about a 105% markup.
Wow. That's a lot.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #3734
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post

Easter Bunny Cat on iRobot Roomba - Gifs, Gifs and More Funny Gifs from Senor Gif
DL, we have a Roomba...we love it!

So good that he does all the work for us
Old 06-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #3735
Chef Extraordinaire

Well I had a wonderful birthday yesterday :)

The indian dinner was fabulous, ate heaps and drank too much red wine

I feel a bit under the weather today though due to I am guessing a hangover and also the cold that I have, dont think the wine did it any favours...will take it easy over the next few days for sure
Old 06-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #3736
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Glad you had a super birthday, Kylie! Hope you feel better soon!

Our Roomba is a girl. Love her to pieces.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #3737
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks so much DL :)

Your Roomba is a girl, I bet she cleans better than our Roomba then
Old 06-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #3738
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver

http://senorgif.memebase.com/2012/04...irobot-roomba/
I decided to go with a dyson stick vac rather than a roomba because the brush pops out the side to be cleaned. I was just picturing myself trying to tear all my hair out of the roomba's brushes every time I used the thing and just couldn't bring myself to spend the money. True, the stick vac doesn't get used every day, but I use it way more than a broom or a regular vacuum, and it does a great job, so I'm happy with it.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #3739
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
I decided to go with a dyson stick vac rather than a roomba because the brush pops out the side to be cleaned. I was just picturing myself trying to tear all my hair out of the roomba's brushes every time I used the thing and just couldn't bring myself to spend the money. True, the stick vac doesn't get used every day, but I use it way more than a broom or a regular vacuum, and it does a great job, so I'm happy with it.
I have had my IRoomba since I had 3 Saint Bernards. The little tool that comes with it to clean the brush, works very well. I love my Hilda Hustomte (my IRoomb's name) to death--almost as much as the chickens. She comes out and vacuums every evening after I finish in the kitchen. I am about to take a nap while she vacuums. Talk about easy!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #3740
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322
I have had my IRoomba since I had 3 Saint Bernards. The little tool that comes with it to clean the brush, works very well. I love my Hilda Hustomte (my IRoomb's name) to death--almost as much as the chickens. She comes out and vacuums every evening after I finish in the kitchen. I am about to take a nap while she vacuums. Talk about easy!
I'm sure the little tool works well, but my hair is about two feet long, and very thick. When I wash it I literally pull out handfuls of hair. When I vacuum the brush looks like its covered in a web of nylon mesh. With the dyson I pull the brush out the side, and use a manicure scissor dedicated to that purpose to snip the web from one side to the other so I can just unwrap it. It's pretty slick. It is really light, powerful, and cordless. Maybe some day I'll try a roomba, I did really want to, but I decided the stick vac might be a more practical tool for me :)