What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Been out to do the grocery shopping, have come home, put it all away but now need to head out again, some other bits and pieces to get, thankfully we have really good airconditioning in the car too :)

I'm watching a very tall construction crane being erected right across the street from my work.
I'm in the wrong business. I knew I should have listened to my childhood instincts, as I play with Erector and Lego sets daily and should have eventually gone into the construction business and become a crane operator. :)

When the Big Dig was going on, fathers would bring their small kids to where ever the cranes and other big equipment was working. They considered it a day out with their kids. And it was. Even grownups (like myself) would stop and watch. I loved watching the expressions of their little faces. They would have to tip their little heads back as far as they could to see the top of the cranes. At South Staion, there more as many as ten cranes working. A childs dream site.

One of the things that drove me crazy was I was working at South Station area. I would go to work in one direction. Come out at ten a.m. to get a snack, and the sidwalk was gone. Along with the street. :angel:

Last edited:
I am sitting in the emergency room with TB only this time he is the patient. I had to pick him up at his bus because he had the shakes and was very weak. He has had fatigue and chest pains a few days ago. we are just waiting for the doctor.

Last edited:
I am sitting in the emergency room with TB only this time he is the patient. I had to pick him up at his bus because he had the shakes and was very weak. He has had fatigue and chest pains a few days ago. we are just waiting for the doctor.

Oh, LP, TB, hope everything's OK! Best wishes and good thoughts!

Spike just left. It was a very short visit. I have never seen him so tired. It makes we worry. He has had eight heart attacks and when he gets tired, it takes a lot out of him. It will take a couple of days for him to feel rested enough.

The old lady next door to me gave me some small milk bones for Teddy. I didn't think he would eat them. He gobbled them down like he had never eaten before. The funny part is that Teddy barks every time she goes into her apartment. She is the only one he barks at. He just doesn't like her. :angel:

Addie said:
Spike just left. It was a very short visit. I have never seen him so tired. It makes we worry. He has had eight heart attacks and when he gets tired, it takes a lot out of him. It will take a couple of days for him to feel rested enough.

The old lady next door to me gave me some small milk bones for Teddy. I didn't think he would eat them. He gobbled them down like he had never eaten before. The funny part is that Teddy barks every time she goes into her apartment. She is the only one he barks at. He just doesn't like her. :angel:

Maybe he knew that she had dog biscuits in there and wasn't sharing. ;)

It looks like TB and I are sharing diagnoses. It looks like he had low blood sugar and when I tiold him to eat his sandwich before I got to the bus he started to get better. They are testing for diabetes. At least it wasn't his heart. Thanks for your good wishes.

Last edited:
Well, we are home and no closer to a diagnosis. They are checking for heart, stroke, blood sugar, thyroid and anything else you can imagine.

I am trying to talk him out of going to work tomorrow but because he has no more sick days he doesn't want to do it. His work is being great - one of the supervisors went to the (wrong) hospital to see him and the other left messages on home and cell phones.

I am tired and need to get up in the morning to drive him back for tests but I wanted to thank my DC family for your support. I am so glad my health has improved so much so that now I can be there for him.

Well, we are home and no closer to a diagnosis. They are checking for heart, stroke, blood sugar, thyroid and anything else you can imagine.

I am trying to talk him out of going to work tomorrow but because he has no more sick days he doesn't want to do it. His work is being great - one of the supervisors went to the (wrong) hospital to see him and the other left messages on home and cell phones.

I am tired and need to get up in the morning to drive him back for tests but I wanted to thank my DC family for your support. I am so glad my health has improved so much so that now I can be there for him.

From what you have described, I am tending to go with the low sugar. Let us know how everything turns out. :angel:

sorry to hear of tb's recent illness. it's good that you are able to be with him, now that your own health has improved substantially. am sending good thoughts your way, lp. it looks like your tb might need to join you in following a more limited diet, in consideration of healthier tomorrows.

Laurie,
it's possible he had Low blood glucose. My sis has had hypo-glycemia for years and it's no fun. There were and are times I have it also so I have to watch it with insulin!! Let me know what they say but I lay money on low b/g's.
ma

On our way back to hospital for fasting glucose and head CT. We think sugar as well but doctor not so sure because of other factors.

Woke up this morning and it was still very hot...just for something different :rolleyes:

I have the air con on, cooling the house down now...there is a change coming through and so it will be cooler on Sunday, so we are heading out for the day...it will only be 23c, perfect!

Today I am doing some ironing, some washing and then going to go and see mum :)

just popping in to let you know that i am alive. the holiday season is very hard for me.

eye lid surgery on jan. 10. just want it over.

happy holiday to all. will try to be on more in the new year.

just popping in to let you know that i am alive. the holiday season is very hard for me.

eye lid surgery on jan. 10. just want it over.

happy holiday to all. will try to be on more in the new year.

Babe! Nice to see you!

Best of luck on the upcoming eye surgery, and hoping for better times ahead for you.

Back
Top Bottom