What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am considering going to bed, but I still have so much to do.....We are having a "holiday party" Saturday night(tomorrow). I took the day off to prepare but was feeling quite ill most of the day, that coupled with following the sad events of the day meant that I got little accomplished. I felt better this evening, so got busy, but still hours behind :(.

It is 74ºF. in my apartment. And I am freezing. I just had to boost up the thermostat again. I am on full aspirin and a blood thinner. The problem is that my apartment is on the direct side of North. I never get any sun, so the walls are always naturally cool or even cold depending on the outside temperature. I hate wearing a sweater inside. But I have it on now. When I feel this cold, my nose runs worse than a snotty little kid playing outside in the snow. Poor Spike. Whenever he comes in the first thing he does is take off his coat and put the fan on high blowing right on him. He hates heat. He keeps his apartment at about 60F. Teddy has a blanket in his bed and at night he crawls right under it, head and all.

Right now I am watching ER Nights taking place at St. Vincent's Hosp. in Sydney. Aus. I have to admit, I can understand the Aussie accent better than I can some of the dialects of England. The English just hate to move their mouth when they talk. As a result most of their words stay inside their mouth. My first husband was from England and it took me a few months to get him to speak up and open his mouth. When he saw me just standing there staring at him, he got the message and would talk so I could understand him. He had more of a Scottish brouge. He came from the Lakes District right up on the border of Scotland. :angel:

I just got back from taking full advantage of the sales the town grocery store was having. $1/box for San Giorgio pasta, 2 for 1 Hillshire Farms sausage (Yay! They got some in), $1.25 bricks of cream cheese... I already have some mixed up with some diced jalapenos :yum: , $1.69 pork chops! Amazing price for around here. They look pretty good, too, bone in and with a little fat. Bricks of Land O Lakes butter for $2.50 :chef: I should be good on butter for a while :rolleyes:
I was feeling so good that I didn't even explain to the cashier why I did not take advantage of the store's usual 5 for $20 on packaged meats instead of the weekly sale of 2 for $4.99 and I bought 4. Let's see... 5 for $20 or 4 for $10... I just said, I'm good and smiled :)
It's a beautiful day!

Gonna make some ice... or rather fill the ice trays with water and let the freezer make the ice. See if I have a glass jar suitable for pickled beans.

Do you have a recipe for that ice?:angel:

I was going to wing it, so I could call it my own ;)
My recipe included spilling it as I was trying to position it in the freezer on that rack :wacko: It would help if my freezer door swung open all the way.

I got my mayo jar cleaned out, too.
Pretty much just waiting on GG now...

My recipe included spilling it as I was trying to position it in the freezer on that rack :wacko: It would help if my freezer door swung open all the way.

I like spilling it on the floor of the freezer and putting the tray in it so the ice can't be removed...

Waiting on me? What for?

Just got back from doing something I've never done before. I'm a do-it-yourselfer, cut and dye my own hair, mend my own clothes, minor plumbing and electrical, etc.

Went ahead and had a mani-pedi. I was fed some delish Vietnamese egg rolls and diet Pepsi, got a foot and hand massage, a French manicure and purple toenails. Overall an interesting and enjoyable experience! I think I might do this again!

She already posted her Oriental green bean recipe, Pac.

Just got back from doing something I've never done before. I'm a do-it-yourselfer, cut and dye my own hair, mend my own clothes, minor plumbing and electrical, etc.

Went ahead and had a mani-pedi. I was fed some delish Vietnamese egg rolls and diet Pepsi, got a foot and hand massage, a French manicure and purple toenails. Overall an interesting and enjoyable experience! I think I might do this again!

I couldn't do it...maybe the manicure, but not the pedi...I get spastic just thinking about someone playing with my feet.

Today Steve and I are heading out for the day :)

Steve got free tickets to the movies for Christmas from his work so we are going to see a film this morning!

We will then have lunch somewhere nice in O'Connell Street as there are so many lovely restaurants and cafes down that street ;)

Then we will go for a nice walk all around the backstreets of North Adelaide, it is such a lovely part of Adelaide, we will go and visit the lovely little church we were married in too :)

It is going to be a wonderful day and the weather will be nice and cool too, perfect!

Back
Top Bottom