What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Joie survived his grooming, and so did the groomer! Though I think they will charge more next time for all his squirming. It was nice to know he was just outside in the van for an hour rather than across town all day.His eyes are really bad though...probably from the new food the vet put him on that he was allergic too. We caught the ear problems but with all the hair in his eyes we couldn't see the redness. The groomer was concerned but we assured her we didn't know it was that bad - I feel so bad for little Joie - he has to wear the dreaded cone collar and we will be making another trip to the vet on Monday. :wacko:

I am trying to get used to a new keyboard - my ergonomic was too big for my new desk keyboard tray. This one is very flat and compact...it was Dad's and I put large letters on the keys so he could read them!

I also made some real headway on my craft room. I got all the cake decorating stuff put away into the closet as I won't be using it for awhile. That helped a lot to make it less cluttered! Still a ways to go but it is getting there!

Drinking lots of coffee since being home as it has really tired me out :ROFLMAO:

May go and recline on the lounge for awhile now ;)

Mars Bar Pods are chocolates, I had seen them before but never tried them...they are delicious, we ate the whole packet between us :yum:

They are in a crunchy base and in that is the Mars Bar caramel topped with chocolate :yum:

Mars-BNDQ8-Kuwait-Mars+Pods.jpg
New to me, they look really good!:yum:

We got home from a party a while ago. Oh boy am I glad that we aren't going to any more parties this season - too many drunks on the road.

Time to hit the hay! The last guests left a few minutes ago, DH has already gone to bed. I have one more candle to extinguish then off to bed for me, I am beat!

Trying to wake up. Zipper my doxie had puppy dreams all night last night .. woof .. grrr .. bark.... yip and the sound of his feet rubbing against the dresser as I assume he was running What a night LOL

My sister's family had a greyhound, Tippa. She chased a lot of rabbits while sleeping. I never saw her catch any though. She was also a good mouser. The only problem, when she would catch a field mouse, she would deposit it as a gift on the porch right in front of the door. A very thoughtful dog. :angel:

I am sitting here shaking a container with coconut flakes and green coloring for the Christmas Wreath cake for my daughter's party on the 24th. I used the gel coloring and it is harder to mix than the liquid coloring. Next I have to make the Royal Frosting to make the trees and holly leaves. AHA! I just had a brain storm. I have surgical gloves. I will put one on and mix it that way.

I can't decide if I want to make a cream cheese frosting or a butter-cream one. :angel:

Trying to wake up. Zipper my doxie had puppy dreams all night last night .. woof .. grrr .. bark.... yip and the sound of his feet rubbing against the dresser as I assume he was running What a night LOL

Seems we were both up with our furbabies last night MrsLMB! It was Joie's first full night with the cone collar and he wasn't too happy about it. He kept scraping it along my side of the bed, wanting up, wanting down, trying to get it off. He is sleeping peacefully now on their bed in my office.

I am watching football waiting for my pickled beans and cauliflower to cool.

Everytime I see furbaby with a collar on, I want to rip it off. I equate it with wearing that dang neck collar the medics put on you in an accident. :angel:

Everytime I see furbaby with a collar on, I want to rip it off. I equate it with wearing that dang neck collar the medics put on you in an accident. :angel:

Addie, I want to cry every moment I see him in it...which is constant as he doesn't want to leave my side. However, his eyes are so raw and I have to wait to get him into the vet until tomorrow afternoon. With the collar off he is rubbing his eyes and making them much worse. So I have to keep telling myself it is for his own good....unfortunately he can't understand that.:(

Kind of a slow, meandering kind of day today. Just folded and put away a load of laundry, filled the crock-pot with yummies for our evening meal, and am now sitting with ice on my knee.

The knee/leg/foot are still a bit swollen and ice helps and does make it feel better. I still feel as though I'm bruised severely even though there is no more bruising evident.

I've been doing a little extra each day in my home therapy because I want to get a "good grade" from my doc when I see him on Thursday. I hope (read that intend) to achieve his requirement of 124 degrees flex by then, in spite of the fact that my insurance company has denied any further out-patient physical therapy. Friday was my last official out-patient therapy at the area facility.

While I'm sitting with my leg up I need to do some organizing on the computer and some important emailing, so I'd best get busy. Time's a wastin'!

We finished our Christmas shopping for the kids today. I'm getting ready to wrap the presents and DH will take them to the post office tomorrow. I'm also going to finish my recipe calendar now and get it uploaded. Should be delivered Wednesday.

BTW, what is wrong with your dog, allergies? Give him some benedryl.

He is allergic to something in the new food the vet gave him to lose weight. We caught it in the ears and were able to clean them and keep it at bay. He is back on his old food and doing better. However, he was in need of a cut but we had to find a new groomer that would look after him like the previous one (he has some trust issues because his first groomings were traumatic - before we got him). It wasn't until she clipped around the eyes we all realized how bad they were and he has been rubbing and scratching them making them worse.

I don't want to give him benedryl because I want to make sure there is no infection (which I am sure there is) and also I am actually allergic to benedryl (you can laugh, every health professional does until they see me react) so it is not my go to solution. I am keeping them clean and we will go to the vet asap.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom