What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My workbench has a lot of junk on it, every time I need to use it takes a while to clear the bench and within a few days it'll be full of stuff again.

Oh, I'm sure mine will be the same way, considering it will be the first flat surface when you come in the door.

Addie said:
I have often gone to Hershey's site for recipes that call for cocoa or chocolate. For years they had the recipe for chocolate syrup. Then when I went to look for it, it was gone. And it was no where on its site. I sent an email, and they set me the recipe. Bless their chocolate hearts. I have found over the years that their chocolate cake recipe on the back of their cocoa can makes a really moist cake. My favorite cake recipe. When you are looking for a certain recipe, go to the maker of the most prevalent ingredient. Works for me. :chef:

I love that chocolate cake recipe, it never fails to be moist!

I have noticed that a lot of other chocolate cake recipes follow a similar formula to the Hershey's recipe.

I'm putting my feet up and relaxing!!!!

I spent the day doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms, scrubbing all tiled floors, vacuuming the house with the Buick (aka Kirby vacuum cleaner), ironing clothes along with the huge linen tablecloths for Christmas dinner, making one batch of chocolate pizelles (to be sandwiched together with mint creme at a later day), some Mexican wedding cakes (light cookies loaded with chopped cashews), both for Christmas dinner's dessert table, and putting dinner together. Thank heavens I had the presence of mind to use the crock-pot for tonight's meal. Just had to do the sides at the last minute.

I'm ready for some total relaxation and nothing to do. I'm not stressed, just tired and my arthritis in my hands is making itself known in a big way. Put a fork in me, I'm done.:LOL:

I can tell I spent way too much time on the computer at work today. Just one of those headaches that will not go away! Sooooo, I think it's an early night for me, before it works it's self into a migraine.

Over time, we have discovered American foods sold in Canada often have different ingredients. Not sure why.

Probably because one off us have stricter laws regarding what can be put in our food. I would suspect that Canada is more strict. Our FDA can takes years before it rules that something is not good for us. They don't even like to have a recall even when folks are dying from contaminated food products. They like to leave it up to the company. The FDA likes to believe in the "honor system." They also believe in the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny and Santa. :ohmy:

Well, after a very boisterous afternoon my evening was very quiet. We read and ate popcorn tonight. Ahhhh. I'm not going to go look at the basement until tomorrow.

Well, after a very boisterous afternoon my evening was very quiet. We read and ate popcorn tonight. Ahhhh. I'm not going to go look at the basement until tomorrow.

Don't worry. It will still be there tomorrow. Unfortunately.

Probably because one off us have stricter laws regarding what can be put in our food. I would suspect that Canada is more strict. Our FDA can takes years before it rules that something is not good for us. They don't even like to have a recall even when folks are dying from contaminated food products. They like to leave it up to the company. The FDA likes to believe in the "honor system." They also believe in the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny and Santa. :ohmy:

I have always thought the Canadians were more logical about these things and not caught up in the politics. We tend to get more caught up in things like defining pizza as a vegetable. I also believe that the Canadians have a better understanding of the idea that you need to pay for what you get. In the United states we tend to candy coat everything and assume it is going to be paid for by the other guy. As far as the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny and Santa. I believe! I would vote for any of them if they run for President in 2012. :LOL:

Retyping my post. The maintenance on the DC site started just as I was posting, so it was lost. Oh well.

I've just started my crockpot project. I sliced up onions for http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f18/slow-cooker-onion-base-75667.html using my new, cheap ($10) Walmart slicer. It did a GREAT job!

I'm keeping the crockpot on the floor near my hangout spot. It's not cluttering up the kitchen and it's keeping my feet warm.:LOL:

Last edited:
You're not sitting their with your feet on the lid are you? ;^)

I just pulled the meat out of the oven. I've been smelling it since about 3:00AM, and now that I am downstairs... ooo-la-la. 208F, done.

You're not sitting their with your feet on the lid are you? ;^)

I just pulled the meat out of the oven. I've been smelling it since about 3:00AM, and now that I am downstairs... ooo-la-la. 208F, done.

How long did 'overnight' turn out to be.

How long did 'overnight' turn out to be.

My overnight turned out to start about 9:30, then I turned off the oven at 5:10 this morning and pulled it out at 5:25.
No water evaporation either. I had a lid on it, but I still thought I would lose some water.

Oh my! :ohmy: You mean you don't know? Just kidding! :LOL:

KD is the official nickname for Kraft dinner - the kind that comes in the thin tall blue box with the straight macaronis and powdered cheddar cheese like product.

I've always considered mac and cheese to be junk food and avoided it. I had a little of it about a month ago and it convinced me to wait another 20 years before eating it again.

There must be 10 thousand abbreviations in use for various things. I don't think anyone knows them all. Most people learn the ones they come in contact with most often. Since I seldom eat KD, I missed it's abbreviation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom